If you were on the first manned mission to Mars...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 06:08 PM
If you were on the first manned mission to Mars...
and en route, let's say about halfway there, all of your crew members (except for you) went crazy and started trying to cannibalize each other, what would be your weapon of choice?

Personally, I would pull out my MP3 player, set it to NSync's Greatest Hits, set the volume to full blast, then hide it in a hard to reach corner of the airlock and watch from the safety of the control room as my crew mates fall into my trap as they try to shut it off. Evil_monster

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: If you were on the first manned mission to Mars...
(14-06-2016 06:08 PM)cactus Wrote:  and en route, let's say about halfway there, all of your crew members (except for you) went crazy and started trying to cannibalize each other, what would be your weapon of choice?

Personally, I would pull out my MP3 player, set it to NSync's Greatest Hits, set the volume to full blast, then hide it in a hard to reach corner of the airlock and watch from the safety of the control room as my crew mates fall into my trap as they try to shut it off. Evil_monster

I would blow up the ship.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
14-06-2016, 06:27 PM
The cryogenic sleep chamber.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-06-2016, 07:16 PM
Pack mushrooms. Loads of mushrooms...

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Somebody else' sharpened femurs. The medium is the message.

Actually, I'd go for the oxygen. Just turn it down and watch them topple over. You evolved in an oxygen-rich environment so your body has no Low-O2 sensor. The urge to breath is caused by a build-up of CO2. Replace the O2 with N2 and they'll never know what hit them. Do it carefully and you might not even kill them.

Then you can put on a respirator, move them all to a secure end of the ship, turn the O2 back on and sell the resulting security footage as the newest and greatest reality TV series. Just make sure none of them survive to run for president.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
14-06-2016, 08:45 PM
As the one crew member secretly certifiably insane before the mission began...
become their King?

Laugh out load Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
14-06-2016, 11:07 PM
That seems incredibly unrealistic situation.
In what situation would I EVER be the only sane one in the room?

Now if your question was "If you were on a trip to Mars and you went crazy, what would your weapon of choice be?" then we could talk.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
15-06-2016, 02:39 AM
I used to teach self-defense to dependents when I was on active duty. I told them that their primary weapons was always their own mental attitude. Training plus the confidence to use that training was a major factor in the use reports that filtered back to me in later years.

So, my weapon of choice would be me. Read Stand on Zanzibar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2016, 09:10 AM
(14-06-2016 06:08 PM)cactus Wrote:  and en route, let's say about halfway there, all of your crew members (except for you) went crazy and started trying to cannibalize each other, what would be your weapon of choice?

Various herbs and spices and olive oil. I would sprinkle them on the others while they sleep so I would comparatively be the least appetizing crew member. Mean while, I'd squirrel away all of the food they weren't eating. I'd hide from them until there's just one left. Then, I'd try to lure him or her out into the air lock with some of that food I'd saved.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-06-2016, 09:15 AM
Eat them first.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post