If you won the Lottery...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2017, 06:28 AM
If you won the Lottery...
Stolen from the Truth or Dare topic, (sorry Jenny Tongue ), but what would be your plan if you won the lottery? Could be any amount Smile

For me, if I won enough to live off, it'd be to leave work straight off the bat. I'd pay off my parent's mortgage, and buy a house of my own as well. Possibly go into property development or something on the side to keep me busy, but that'd be about it. WELL, other than go on a holiday that lasts potentially forever Laugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
04-12-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: If you won the Lottery...
(04-12-2017 06:28 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Stolen from the Truth or Dare topic, (sorry Jenny Tongue ), but what would be your plan if you won the lottery? Could be any amount Smile

For me, if I won enough to live off, it'd be to leave work straight off the bat. I'd pay off my parent's mortgage, and buy a house of my own as well. Possibly go into property development or something on the side to keep me busy, but that'd be about it. WELL, other than go on a holiday that lasts potentially forever Laugh out load

I'd help my family, unlike 45 and the greedy fucks whom support that asshole, I'd give the rest away and only keep just enough to live off of.

Right now, I have to keep what my mom left me, but I am only 51 and what she gave me has to last 20-30 years so I have to budget that. But if I had 10 million or 10 billion keeping that would be selfish and amount to nothing but hording.

I don't want or need 2 or 3 mansions, 50 sports cars, or diamond Rolex. If others here want to accuse me of shaming them because they value crappy GOP economics, GOOD.

If I won the lottery I would be happy using that to make more people economically stable. I'd spend some of it on promoting global policies that value ending pollution like burning fossil fuels, promoting ending global poverty, and promote the reduction of the global weapons trade.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
04-12-2017, 06:58 AM
Assuming that it was a really big jackpot, I would immediately hire a person to help me manage the money. I know who the person is that I would hire. The big problem for me, is that I would not want the money to change who I am. I would set up all of my family members with small stipends. They would complain about the size of the stipends, but that is too bad. If you give most people a million dollars, they will just blow it in a month and then ask for more. In addition to the small stipends, I would give them good healthcare plans. I would pay their tuition books and fees if they go to school, in addition to their stipends. I would probably not be willing to finance any business startups for them.

My money manager would pay me a stipend out of my winnings, so that I do not do careless things with my money. I honestly believe that I would continue to try to reduce my carbon foot print, so my lifestyle would probably not change that much.

I would give twenty percent of the after tax total to good causes. The good causes would probably mostly be oriented around environmentalism.

I might look into becoming an angel investor. I would be interested in funding ventures that are really trying to bring better energy storage solutions to market.
[+] 6 users Like Yonadav Kenyon's post
04-12-2017, 07:04 AM
It would not affect my lifestyle, since I'm already well off. I would continue to live a frugal life and simply have more money to invest, to help out my friends and to donate to charitable organizations. Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
04-12-2017, 07:11 AM
I'd give away most of it.
I don't need more money than I could spend in three lifetimes when there so many others that could put it to good use.

I've just recently grown rudimentary legs and made the move from water to land.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-12-2017, 07:19 AM
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3426d052-59...j6zbM.copy

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
04-12-2017, 07:58 AM
  • Set my girls up for college.
  • Make sure my in-laws had enough in reserve for health care so my father-in-law could retire.
  • Set up arrangements for transportation and daycare for my cousin's autistic daughter, so he would be more free to get a job.
  • Handle whatever needs to be handled so my mom can marry the guy she's been living with for 13 years, so she has a place to stay if he ends up dying*. Also, pay off any loans on said house.
  • Set myself up for a fairly early retirement.
  • Blackjack and hookers Leave some money for family vacations.
  • Get newer cars.
  • Make sure I am never in want of tacos.
*This one is weird. She's technically married to her 4th husband, but they've been estranged for 17 years or so. She can't marry the guy she's been living with because of this, and she has no idea how to track him down to even file for divorce. The guy she's living with recently decided he's going to drink himself into a somewhat early grave.
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-12-2017, 08:09 AM
I would travel the world, go on month long (or longer) backpacking excursions off the grid Cheryl Strayed style, buy a houseboat in Yellowknife (with the aurora borealis and adventure awaiting me right in my "backyard") and a remote cabin somewhere in the middle of nowhere with pretty mountain scenery and wilderness galore where I would host yoga retreats. I would also buy a loft in Boston so I could engage in my cultural side of going to the symphony, ballet, out to yummy eats, concerts, art museums, wine bars, and of course, shopping Wink I would also buy a plot of land and set up an animal sanctuary.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-12-2017, 08:10 AM
(04-12-2017 06:28 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Stolen from the Truth or Dare topic, (sorry Jenny Tongue ), but what would be your plan if you won the lottery? Could be any amount Smile

Steal what you like, what's mine is yours...or something like that Hobo Laugh out load
04-12-2017, 08:15 AM
I would pay off our mortgage first. Take everyone in my family on a vacation.
Put some aside for family savings.

Then I would buy as much land as I could and leave it as is.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]