If your lovers brain was transplanted into another body would you still love them

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: If your lovers brain was transplanted into another body would you still love them
In the near future we'll be able to put a brain into something like this.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: If your lovers brain was transplanted into another body would you still love them
(19-01-2017 01:02 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Twilight Zone already did this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trade-Ins

Gotta see if I can find this online somewhere. Thanks for the tip!

*edit*

Found it. Not sure why it's formatted the way it is, but regardless, here it is:

19-01-2017, 01:23 PM
(19-01-2017 01:11 PM)yakherder Wrote:  In the near future we'll be able to put a brain into something like this.

[Image: krang-tmnt-2-640x0.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
19-01-2017, 01:42 PM
can we pick the body?
19-01-2017, 02:30 PM
You could transplant my husband's brain into a spider and I'd love him! I wish you could do that. (He's dead).

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-01-2017, 03:09 PM
(19-01-2017 02:30 PM)Dom Wrote:  You could transplant my husband's brain into a spider and I'd love him! I wish you could do that. (He's dead).

You might find this movie intriguing.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
19-01-2017, 03:42 PM
(19-01-2017 08:10 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  well if any of you are interested in the actual operation here is a link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-year.html

Ah, The Daily Mail. Isn't that basically the British equivalent of The National Enquirer or The Weekly World News -- i.e., not to be trusted for facts? Might as well cite The Onion. I'm not buying it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
19-01-2017, 03:49 PM
(19-01-2017 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 08:10 AM)sneroul the thinker Wrote:  well if any of you are interested in the actual operation here is a link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...-year.html

Ah, The Daily Mail. Isn't that basically the British equivalent of The National Enquirer or The Weekly World News -- i.e., not to be trusted for facts? Might as well cite The Onion. I'm not buying it.

But your mind has been transferred into the body of a grasshopper... Wink Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-01-2017, 04:06 PM
(19-01-2017 03:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ah, The Daily Mail. Isn't that basically the British equivalent of The National Enquirer or The Weekly World News -- i.e., not to be trusted for facts? Might as well cite The Onion. I'm not buying it.

But your mind has been transferred into the body of a grasshopper... Wink Hobo

... and I lost most of it in the process (less space, you know). I used to be so much smarter...

I don't think you're old enough to remember The Beverly Hillbillies TV show, but one of my favorite episodes was the one where Granny was going to do a head transplant between Mr. Drysdale and a chimp. The impossibility of it is what makes it so funny.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post