Ignorance about anarchism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2014, 06:52 AM
RE: Ignorance about anarchism
Adherence to anarchism is willful ignorance of human nature. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 07:06 AM
(21-06-2014 06:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Adherence to anarchism is willful ignorance of human nature. Drinking Beverage

To be fair Anarcho-syndicates can work, small scale, as a parasite on a productive democratic republic. As a stand alone form of non-governing no it is a pipedream at best. This is how the hippy communes or the couple of squatters villages in europe survive by leeching off of the greater and more prosperous society around them, using that for all their needs while contributing nothing (or as little as possible) to the society that protects them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2014, 07:25 AM
(21-06-2014 07:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 06:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Adherence to anarchism is willful ignorance of human nature. Drinking Beverage

To be fair Anarcho-syndicates can work, small scale, as a parasite on a productive democratic republic. As a stand alone form of non-governing no it is a pipedream at best. This is how the hippy communes or the couple of squatters villages in europe survive by leeching off of the greater and more prosperous society around them, using that for all their needs while contributing nothing (or as little as possible) to the society that protects them.

Just about anything can work small-scale. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-06-2014, 07:34 AM
(21-06-2014 07:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 07:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To be fair Anarcho-syndicates can work, small scale, as a parasite on a productive democratic republic. As a stand alone form of non-governing no it is a pipedream at best. This is how the hippy communes or the couple of squatters villages in europe survive by leeching off of the greater and more prosperous society around them, using that for all their needs while contributing nothing (or as little as possible) to the society that protects them.

Just about anything can work small-scale. Dodgy

Depends on the scale, but what I was referring to are communities of a couple hundred people that have survived for a few generations now. The bigger and more successful ones are less parasitic than the Anarcho ideal however as they pay taxes and generally live on the grid. Granted there is an argument to be made that these communities cannot be considered true anarchist since they rely on an external state for all their needs. In any event Anarchy does not scale up past a couple hundred people or you get true anarchy, with the rocks and the looting and the killing/raping.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-06-2014, 08:42 AM
(21-06-2014 07:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I'm confused but I understand you better at least , so explain for me in your view why anarchism cannot contribute anything or as little as possible ... ?

There is an assumption there that I have to wreck it Big Grin maybe knowing your political view can help me

"Dare to think!"
-Kant
21-06-2014, 08:48 AM
(21-06-2014 08:42 AM)apolemicist Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 07:06 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  To be fair Anarcho-syndicates can work, small scale, as a parasite on a productive democratic republic. As a stand alone form of non-governing no it is a pipedream at best. This is how the hippy communes or the couple of squatters villages in europe survive by leeching off of the greater and more prosperous society around them, using that for all their needs while contributing nothing (or as little as possible) to the society that protects them.

I'm confused but I understand you better at least , so explain for me in your view why anarchism cannot contribute anything or as little as possible ... ?

There is an assumption there that I have to wreck it Big Grin maybe knowing your political view can help me

Most do not pay taxes (the larger ones do, at least in the US) and thus leech off the infrastructure of the surrounding society while not contributing to the shared cost of maintaining it.

21-06-2014, 08:58 AM
(21-06-2014 08:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 08:42 AM)apolemicist Wrote:  I'm confused but I understand you better at least , so explain for me in your view why anarchism cannot contribute anything or as little as possible ... ?

Most do not pay taxes (the larger ones do, at least in the US) and thus leech off the infrastructure of the surrounding society while not contributing to the shared cost of maintaining it.

Man... this is Not anarchism Consider this is purely illegalism (it is an independent doctorate of anarchism but doesn't derive from anarchism ) but seriously man this isn't anarchism .... guess if you knew about anarchism cook book you were more defensive cause its written and... I said enough

"Dare to think!"
-Kant
21-06-2014, 09:12 AM
(21-06-2014 08:58 AM)apolemicist Wrote:  
(21-06-2014 08:48 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Most do not pay taxes (the larger ones do, at least in the US) and thus leech off the infrastructure of the surrounding society while not contributing to the shared cost of maintaining it.

Man... this is Not anarchism Consider this is purely illegalism (it is an independent doctorate of anarchism but doesn't derive from anarchism ) but seriously man this isn't anarchism .... guess if you knew about anarchism cook book you were more defensive cause its written and... I said enough

I read that in high school, as did most everyone I know. Anarchists love to play the No True Scotsman card to avoid real world examples (mainly because the real world disproves their axioms), but this is the first time I have seen anyone disallow the only successful versions (aka the parasitic ones) from the conversation. But please do attempt to educate me on anarchy, I have studied it for a long time and find it shallow and juvenile, ignoring reality to instead tilt at windmills of it's own design.

22-06-2014, 01:16 AM
(21-06-2014 09:12 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I read that in high school, as did most everyone I know. Anarchists love to play the No True Scotsman card to avoid real world examples (mainly because the real world disproves their axioms), but this is the first time I have seen anyone disallow the only successful versions (aka the parasitic ones) from the conversation. But please do attempt to educate me on anarchy, I have studied it for a long time and find it shallow and juvenile, ignoring reality to instead tilt at windmills of it's own design.

but anarchism is not that much of a dogmatist position comparing to others it mostly admits that for it to be more complete and powerful , need to operate and frankly comparing to other positions anarchism had a few chances but look at the huge influence left ; it doesn't say it applies to everything it doesn't claim to be scientific and this is why I'm not agree with it when you generalize anarchism with anarcho-syndicalism or ilegalism I mean surely you've read the critics by both anarchists and marxists even the Anarchy: A Journal of Desire Armed magazine tried to warn other on this issue.

but seriously, when people say Stalin was an atheist and look at what he did , it's the same as saying look at the french anarchists and what they did
the point is that in both cases there were people who saw the the fault in their movement and tried to show people that : Stalinism is not Marxism and they both are not atheism ... all I'm saying is don't generalize it to criminalism , the mutual aid , the free thought of anarchy does not result in killings and removing the nets , we need boundaries and nets it even offers private immunity and a great right to individual ; Micheal Onfray for example who's book on atheism was translated to english is an anarchist but he is not against property or a central power, anarchism simply says we don't need government to base that on ...

"Dare to think!"
-Kant
22-06-2014, 01:20 AM

maybe if you can explain more clearly what your position is ... I don't know ...
I work better with explained statements rather than single sentences

"Dare to think!"
-Kant