Ignorance arguments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: Ignorance arguments
What I've learned while debating on YouTube...

As soon as the guy you're debating with quotes Kent Hovind and claims that his prison sentence is just a government conspiracy to keep him from speaking 'the truth'; end of conversation.

That person isn't just drinking the kool-aid, they are vomiting it up to drink it again...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 02:52 PM
(08-01-2013 05:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What I've learned while debating on YouTube...

As soon as the guy you're debating with quotes Kent Hovind and claims that his prison sentence is just a government conspiracy to keep him from speaking 'the truth'; end of conversation.

That person isn't just drinking the kool-aid, they are vomiting it up to drink it again...
Lmao he's in jail!? Oh epic. This will make for some interesting replies.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

08-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Kent Hovind is in prison for tax fraud I believe (yay for the good ol' christian way)

In my time as a baptist ( Yeah, I know Weeping but it was short ) I adored that stupid man and thought he had SO many good answer....ugh.

Anyway back to what I was going to say.

I find that people you don't have a personal connection with rarely listen to the opinions of others when it comes to religion/lack there of. So I find debating people on forums such as youtube a big waste of time. The most you're going to get is bible spewing and trolling.

I however totally understand your desire to want to reason with those people and help them out.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
08-01-2013, 03:38 PM
(08-01-2013 03:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I find that people you don't have a personal connection with rarely listen to the opinions of others when it comes to religion/lack there of. So I find debating people on forums such as youtube a big waste of time. The most you're going to get is bible spewing and trolling.

I however totally understand your desire to want to reason with those people and help them out.
Yeah, I have been realizing that myself as well... I will destroy someones argument or debunk their 'evidence' and they will just stop replying, then go on to someone else and try to spout their shit at them, It's insane. They completely ignore when their so called evidence is shown to be nonsense, I can't imagine living like that.

I will probably still post a quick debunk reply to stupid posts that claim evidence for young earth and creationism, because then at least people viewing will see the opposite side instead of just the nonsense..

---------------------------------
Like yesterday or the day before, someone said that there is no macro evolution, only micro evolution.

I told him that macro and micro evolution are the result of the exact same process, just on different time scales.

He said that there wouldn't have been enough time, and that the proof that the earth is young is that the earth's rotation is slowing. That if the earth was as old as we say it is, it would have been spinning so fast that it wouldn't even be round. (he's talking about the centrifugal force that would result from such a spin, although I'm sure he doesn't know that term.)

This just shows how ignorant some people can really be, the fact that it is slowing down means nothing about whether it is old or young. The rate is so slow, that we would have had 14 hour days (I think) 4.7 billion years ago, which absolutely would not have resulted in things getting thrown off the planet. Tongue
They do just enough research to support their claim (in their mind) and don't go in to detail at all! Like how much the rotation is slowing down. They just assume it supports their Young Earth Hypothesis (If I can even call it that...)

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

08-01-2013, 08:20 PM
(08-01-2013 03:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Kent Hovind is in prison for tax fraud I believe (yay for the good ol' christian way)

In my time as a baptist ( Yeah, I know Weeping but it was short ) I adored that stupid man and thought he had SO many good answer....ugh.

This is off-topic, but I gotta share my own Kent Hovind story:

I went to see him in Bangor, Maine (USA) because my Christian parents invited me and because I'm open-minded (at least for my parents' sake). In the Q&A after his lecture, a german-accented man claiming to be the biology professor at our local university challenged Hovind... weakly. The "professor" didn't seem to know very much about biology, and asked poor questions that were easily shot down (such as "who claims that bananas and humans are related?" and "Darwin didn't claim that the eye was hard to explain"). I thought to myself 'this guy isn't very smart for a teacher'.

Later on I found out that the "professor" (note how I keep putting it in quotes) was just a plant to make Kent Hovind look good -- he wasn't a teacher or a local. That is just one of the many stupid tricks Hovind would stoop to doing. It's ironic that he was imprisoned for tax fraud (because one of his other many lecture topics was about how you could 'legally' avoid paying taxes) but rather sad. Like Ray Croc, Hovind makes the anti-evolution camp (and Christianity in general) look bad.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Commonly Used Debate Arguments for Dummies Zephony 112 14,203 30-07-2014 08:08 PM
Last Post: Addai
  Ignorance dancefortwo 9 135 21-07-2014 07:25 PM
Last Post: Ace
  Videos Of Religious Ignorance? WiltedFigTree 10 179 12-07-2014 02:06 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Arguments to convince religious people Mozart Link 11 300 02-07-2014 02:22 AM
Last Post: JONES
  Why God can not exist - logical arguments mlecyq 70 1,494 24-06-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The Christians arguments for religion TrainWreck 27 441 13-06-2014 01:01 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  Using theist arguments to 'prove' God does not exist Mathilda 30 614 01-06-2014 03:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke