Ignorant Meat Eaters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Ignorant Meat Eaters
(11-10-2014 08:00 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 10:51 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  No they are both wrong. We shouldn't do either.

I get my salad from my garden so I can avoid that. I find it very interesting though that most vegans and those 'organic hippy' types get almost all of their food from health shops; bizarre 'superfoods' imported from all over the world. They build up an insane carbon footprint by eating everything imported, and they are funding slave labour, yet the majority of them look down on people who produce their own food, especially if livestock is involved.

Really? Most vegans I know get their food from the local grocer. The organic trend is strong in the vegan crowd, but that is strong everywhere. I also know many vegans who make efforts to buy local, buy fair trade foods, or further reduce impacts on the environment by favoring, say quinoa, over soy or other grains. It is an ideologically diverse group. They may or may not be misguided in one of more things, as are all peoples ignorant or misguided about most things. The unifying factor is they don't' believe in the exploitation of animals.

It is such a silly arguments, "if you are a vegan how come you do x, huh?". Never mind the person doing the shit slinging both eats meat, does x, drives an SUV and gives not two shits about any of it. If you (not specifically, the general 'you') really believe in the rights of migrant farm workers, or in fair trade, or whatever, I think that is great and I am happy to listen to you. Being ignorant of one cause does not make you a hypocrite. Furthermore, having done a little research myself, I don't see these at all as black and white issues. Migrant workers do need more rights, of that I don't doubt, but I am not sure that a boycott of pretty much all produce is the best way to go about it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2014, 12:54 PM
If I could stomach eating vegetables, I'd ditch meat...

But last time I ate veg (other than potatoes and beans), the taste made me retch... It was like eating a fart.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
11-10-2014, 12:56 PM
I used to think that about vegetables, Sam, but then I found farm shops and packets of seeds.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
(11-10-2014 12:56 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I used to think that about vegetables, Sam, but then I found farm shops and packets of seeds.

Seeds?

I'd fuckin' starve...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I like veal. And yes, I know it is "dead baby cow."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
11-10-2014, 02:30 PM
(11-10-2014 01:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I like veal. And yes, I know it is "dead baby cow."

I've never seen why so many people get up in arms about veal. I've never heard anyone complaining about lamb or suckling pig.

Maybe more people think baby cows are cute?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 02:40 PM
(11-10-2014 02:30 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 01:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I like veal. And yes, I know it is "dead baby cow."

I've never seen why so many people get up in arms about veal. I've never heard anyone complaining about lamb or suckling pig.

Maybe more people think baby cows are cute?

Veal was the "en vogue" meat in the mid-60's when the hippy movement started so it got more attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Meat is delicious, I love you meat. Heart

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
13-10-2014, 09:29 PM
(13-10-2014 09:25 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Meat is delicious, I love you meat. Heart

So tarty likes pussy AND meat.... This makes more sense

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
13-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Once we can 'grow' meat in the lab on an industrial scale, fucking hook me up. I like meat, and if I can get it without the animal suffering, all the better.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post