Ignore thread feature

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Ignore thread feature
(04-11-2012 11:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  I would like to be able to mark threads as ignored so they don't show up.

Why? It ain't obvious from the thread title to you?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
(04-11-2012 03:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 11:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  I would like to be able to mark threads as ignored so they don't show up.

Why? It ain't obvious from the thread title to you?
Well, there is that. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-11-2012, 05:40 PM
(04-11-2012 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 03:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why? It ain't obvious from the thread title to you?
Well, there is that. Consider

Just can't control yourself, can you? If you see it, it's like a cookie jar, huh? Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
(04-11-2012 05:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 05:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, there is that. Consider

Just can't control yourself, can you? If you see it, it's like a cookie jar, huh? Big Grin
Squirrel!

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-11-2012, 07:54 PM
(04-11-2012 07:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-11-2012 05:40 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Just can't control yourself, can you? If you see it, it's like a cookie jar, huh? Big Grin
Squirrel!

Squirrels, motherfuckers, squirrels.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-11-2012, 09:04 PM
I love this place.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
07-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Bringing this thread back up due to the recent explosive debate over I and I.

Such a feature would be beneficial to everyone:

1. Members who have trouble resisting the urge of peeking in to trainwreck topics.
2. Administrators and moderators who then receive complaints from such users but can't do anything about the complaint and just get irritated at the user.

Everybody would be a happy camper, since no thread=no problem.

Now, I don't know whether such a feature can even be implemented or whether it would be impractical since trying to install it would be such a huge pain in the ass, but I figured it would have been more beneficial throwing this suggestion out there in the case it could work rather than just assuming it can't.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
(07-12-2012 02:57 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Bringing this thread back up due to the recent explosive debate over I and I.

Such a feature would be beneficial to everyone:

1. Members who have trouble resisting the urge of peeking in to trainwreck topics.
2. Administrators and moderators who then receive complaints from such users but can't do anything about the complaint and just get irritated at the user.

Everybody would be a happy camper, since no thread=no problem.

Now, I don't know whether such a feature can even be implemented or whether it would be impractical since trying to install it would be such a huge pain in the ass, but I figured it would have been more beneficial throwing this suggestion out there in the case it could work rather than just assuming it can't.
That's exactly why I requested it. Putting someone on 'ignore' is not effective.

07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
It's not that it's not effective, but it only does half the job. I feel that if we had the option of completely erasing the presence of some of those that we find insufferable without any utilization of administration action, then we would only be having half the user vs mod/admin standoffs that we do now.

I don't know whether it's possible, but if it turns out that it isn't possible, then fine, I'm more than willing to bite the bullet and just start resisting the urge of popping into threads created by people full of bullshit. However, since there are others clearly having more trouble doing that than me, it has a greater chance of leading to a complaint with the admins over something that can't be addressed with authoritative action. Then we get what happened in the I and I thread posted by Logica where the forum population draws dividing lines and people pick sides, nasty commentary begins, etc etc etc.

Just because I've decided that I can bite the bullet doesn't mean that not trying to look into an alternative for the group as a whole is off my radar. When this kind of shit happens it affects EVERYONE because it disrupts the forum atmosphere and relations. This means there more far-reaching effects than just a few people getting irked over some numbnut vomiting woo woo. It can lead to a forum breakdown.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I think this is an excellent suggestion. Unfortunately, we had no way of implementing it. Perhaps with recent forum updates, we can look into it again........I'll do what I can, but we may have to wait since our tech is pretty busy with real life at the moment.

Just visiting.

-SR