Igtheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
02-12-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: Igtheism
(02-12-2016 09:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  On three different occasions this thread has come back to life after being dead for a year. Talk about a Zombie thread. Hobo

As far as igtheism goes one of the first questions we ask a believer is to define their flavor of god, normally that shuts down the discussion for obvious reasons. I like this approach since the one making the claim now has to attempt to describe falsifiable attributes and that's when the fun starts.

Exactly.

I have something I call "the toaster test". If they are defining their notion of a god so vaguely that a toaster (or other random mundane objects) could qualify, then they're not really defining anything at all.

"I just feel that there's.... something... out there." There are lots and lots of toasters out there!

Before they can even make a case for a god, they have to know what a god is. And most people don't.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
02-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Igtheism
The brave little god was such a great 80s classic

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-12-2016, 11:42 PM
RE: Igtheism
Yea, yea ... igtheism is the shit. Drinking Beverage

Are we done here? This thread is 4 fucking years old! Make a new one.

And welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein