Igtheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
12-10-2012, 12:21 AM
RE: Igtheism
Igtheism: Yet another unecessary word used to jumble and confuse the already-numerous words - as well as their definitions - used to describe one's particular stance on the existence/non-existence/possible existence/semi-open to the non-possibility-of-the-possibility-being-not-quite-impossible-but-certainly-not-likely-regardless-of-how-possible-that-possibility-may-be of a deity who doesn't even fucking exist to be debated over in the first place.

(Source: Let'sCutTheBullshitAndBeSerious.com, article 275, paragraph 3)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
12-10-2012, 01:41 AM

Igtheism is a correct philosophical position. The word God has no meaning, because no one can define God. Obviously if there is a supreme consciousness, only from its perspective can it be understood.

I believe that consciousness is the fundamental substance of all things, but I can make no sure statement about that consciousness. I can only speculate. But even as soon as I do that, I create a dualism in my mind between myself and that fundamental substance of which I am a part, so I automatically become inaccurate.

People think believing in God matters; it doesn't. We can replace religious notions of God with the law, and we have in all first world societies. People think being an atheist matters, and it doesn't, because first you have to define what God is in order to say you don't think He exists, and God cannot be defined.

A rational person can be an igtheist or ignostic; they can be an apatheist or an agnostic, but neither a religous position or an atheistic position is a rational reaction to the idea of God.

P.S. I'm about to be banned from Christian Forums. It's amazing how the religious are so easily frightened. They know down deep they are not being rational. They want there to be a King called God in a place called heaven. They want there to be a Jesus who favors them after they die. They want it so much they will crucify their intellect to believe it.

No wonder Ceasar fed them to the lions.

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Egor's post
12-10-2012, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 02:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-10-2012 01:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  No wonder Caesar fed them to the lions.
Laughat Bowing

I think I'm going to to get that "calligraphied", and framed, and put on my wall. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-10-2012, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 06:18 AM by Atothetheist.)
Great, now I am going to act like a total ass but I usually do see the word God/god as a well defined word. Either as a supernatural, all powerful/ or super powerful creator of the universe, or humans.

In truth, every word is meaningless, but when we give them meaning do they cease becoming "meaningless"? Well, most people give the word God/god a meaning in their mind. It's only those meaning I am concerned about because, as far as I know, those meanings are the ones that have an actual effect on how this world is going to end up.

Wether god X has revealed himself, or has given himself meaning, because God Y is the one most people believe( with God C,D,E) the ideas, or meanings(that the people that believe give to the name God/god) of those Gods/gods have the potential to affect me. Those are the ones I take precedence.

God, now I am a full-blown anti-theist aren't I.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
So... basically... an agnostic atheist?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
(11-10-2012 07:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Who-is-God

Hmm...I guess I am more accurately an Igtheist then.

You might be an igdeist, but to be an igtheist would be ridiculous.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
12-10-2012, 08:41 AM
(12-10-2012 07:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So... basically... an agnostic atheist?

No.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
12-10-2012, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:04 AM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Well well, look how this turned out. Enough differing opinions on this site, too. The post wasn't made to incite label bashing. The point of the thread is to gather information on it.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-10-2012, 08:59 AM
(12-10-2012 12:10 AM)kim Wrote:  Yep, that would be me; ignostic apatheist. If one must hang a label. Dodgy

Ignosticism simply states any god concept is irrelevant and therefore, meaningless. Apatheist is kind of an addendum which posits, why would anyone care about something which is meaningless?

Apatheism can be a yes or no kind of thing; there might be a god, might not be a god, either way who gives a shit?

Me too. "Atheism" is a description of a reactive position to "other peoples specific gods", which is fine, as so far, they are all ridiculous notions. Igtheism is MY personal position, without referencing the "other people's god(s)".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
(11-10-2012 11:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Is there an IdonotknowandIdonotcareism?

Yeah it's called creationism.