Igtheism

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
19-10-2012, 04:04 PM
RE: Igtheism
Logica Humano Wrote:How is it that atheists assume too much about the concept of God? Every deity that supposedly exists has been defined in some form or fashion, therefore providing a substantial foundation for disbelief.

Which is why I said positing a disbelief in individual gods is logical, but to god as a conception, or idea doesn't make sense. I refute the existence of any god I have ever heard of as postulated by any religion that I have heard of. I am still more accurately an Igtheist, not Atheist. Now you cannot find a new point to refute so you are attempting Argumentum ad nauseam....boring!

Logica Humano Wrote:So you find yourself witty because you "nope chuktesta"'d? Classy.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but no, I didn't think my comment was particularly witty, just refuting your claim and keeping it cool Cool

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-10-2012, 04:36 PM

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I detect the scent of a veiled slight. It smells vaguely of berries. Hmmmm....

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
20-10-2012, 02:18 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 02:23 AM by Logica Humano.)
(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  In order to identify myself as something, I don't need something else (defined or not defined) and I don't need any kind of foundation for disbelief in order to not believe something. As an ignostic I am not lead or emotionally influenced by belief or disbelief and I don't need a mountain of evidence and/or rhetoric to define my self.

So if Star Trek was never created, you could still be an astartrekian?

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Being an ignostic is all about me... not about something that doesn't exist.

So you are ignorant of your existence? This is not all about you. Your belief is a postulation regarding the existence of a deity, and the accuracy of other arguments. If you want a philosophy that is all about you, LaVey Satanism. Try it.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  I decided long ago that paying too much attentive service to belief of any sort (including disbelief) simply gives belief itself, too much credit. It can take on a life of it's own. It's like feeding a troll. In fact I have a theory that indeed, this might be how Christianity became so stable in history. The Christ story was a troll that was fed... If more people ignored it in the first place, so many wouldn't have been lead by or become emotionally influenced by it. Christ: the ultimate troll.

If simply ignoring religion was the answer, religion would have died out decades ago.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  As an ignostic, I simply choose not to provide belief attention by disbelieving as do many atheists and agnostics. Belief is not worthy of any kind of attention as far as I'm concerned.

See reply above.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm sure William Lane Craig would love to get more clicks on his videos... it's how he makes money. Think of how much money he makes off atheists.

See reply above.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Any time you give god/belief/FSM/disbelief/smurfs/jebus a click, you establish the existence of something that does not exist. The click can be done by a true believer or an atheist... either way... that thing gets the all the power/money/more belief -EXISTENCE.

See reply above.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Just don't do it ... and it will cease. It is like boycotting. YOU make it less real in your life and it will eventually become less real in others' lives.

Again, if that worked, religion would have died out a long time ago.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  My personal attempt at activism is to make indifference to belief a meme.

Irrelevant.

(19-10-2012 04:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh by the way, no one gives a shit if you think they are stupid, ignorant, or foolish. Shy

So why are we engaging in this argument?

Lastly, you didn't answer my question.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
20-10-2012, 02:22 AM
(19-10-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Which is why I said positing a disbelief in individual gods is logical, but to god as a conception, or idea doesn't make sense. I refute the existence of any god I have ever heard of as postulated by any religion that I have heard of. I am still more accurately an Igtheist, not Atheist. Now you cannot find a new point to refute so you are attempting Argumentum ad nauseam....boring!

Again, it is more logical to assume that no possible deity exists, defined or undefined, until there is evidence given to me. Evidence is everything. The possibility of existence or non-existence is irrelevant.
What point is there to argue? You are just repeating how you are an igtheist now.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
20-10-2012, 10:27 AM
(20-10-2012 02:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 04:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Which is why I said positing a disbelief in individual gods is logical, but to god as a conception, or idea doesn't make sense. I refute the existence of any god I have ever heard of as postulated by any religion that I have heard of. I am still more accurately an Igtheist, not Atheist. Now you cannot find a new point to refute so you are attempting Argumentum ad nauseam....boring!

Again, it is more logical to assume that no possible deity exists, defined or undefined, until there is evidence given to me. Evidence is everything. The possibility of existence or non-existence is irrelevant.
What point is there to argue? You are just repeating how you are an igtheist now.

You want evidence of an undefined thing, and you call that logical. Laughat

20-10-2012, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 11:16 AM by Logica Humano.)
(20-10-2012 10:27 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 02:22 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, it is more logical to assume that no possible deity exists, defined or undefined, until there is evidence given to me. Evidence is everything. The possibility of existence or non-existence is irrelevant.

You want evidence of an undefined thing, and you call that logical. Laughat

Yes. Theologically, if you say, "Something exists out there," I want evidence and a definition. Especially the evidence. Until then, it does not exist. As I have been saying throughout this entire debate, negative claim.

Do you know what Dark Matter is? We have evidence for it, but so far, we really can't define it. But there is evidence for its existence. Give me the evidence.

20-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, but once again, Igntheism does not claim there is something out there. There is no definition, so there can be no evidence. You want both! So do I, but can't talk of one without the other, which is exactly why you wanted both. Until that point whether you say "something" or "nothing" exists is irrelevant.

20-10-2012, 12:22 PM
(20-10-2012 11:12 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you know what Dark Matter is? We have evidence for it, but so far, we really can't define it. But there is evidence for its existence. Give me the evidence.

And again, no where have I said Igtheism claims the existence of God.

20-10-2012, 12:31 PM
(20-10-2012 12:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 11:12 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Do you know what Dark Matter is? We have evidence for it, but so far, we really can't define it. But there is evidence for its existence. Give me the evidence.

And again, no where have I said Igtheism claims the existence of God.

I don't know enough about Dark Matter to have an educated conversation about it's comparison with God. Not sure what definitions have been postulated, what evidence is alleged, the evidence behind proving it exists from a logical standpoint, etc. I don't even know how widely accepted it's existence is. In other words, I am pretty ignorant about Dark Matter, sorry to disappoint.