Illegal to urge someone to commit suicide

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Illegal to urge someone to commit suicide
(17-06-2017 12:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But it's perfectly legal to talk someone into maiming themselves.......

Think tattoos, piercing and other assorted " body modifications"...

Tongue

Not the same thing at all. This really isn't a flippant issue.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Lock her up!

Max punishment. 20 years. No parole.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
17-06-2017, 12:50 PM
(17-06-2017 12:15 PM)ImFred Wrote:  After reading through the texts I think she was getting off on how profoundly she was able to manipulate him. I know this is a disturbing conclusion but I think it was ultimately about sexual dominance. I'm sure many people will see nothing sexual in it but I think she was acting out a very sinister fetish.

I'm not interested in punishing her but from a safety standpoint she should be permanently removed from society. Brains that twisted are too hard to fix.

I don't recall seeing remorse for the death of the boy. I did however, see that she was pretty sorry she was going to prison. (Possibly - who knows how out-of-context the court reporting may have been?) I do agree she was excited by how she was able to manipulate him.

However, I didn't see it so much as "sexual dominance" rather, more of a power thing. It could be that men see "sexual dominance" as power while women just cut to the chase. Being female, I tend to see most anything as a secondary means to an end - the end being, power - control.

I'm not certain about what her psychological make up might be but, I would like to see a brain scan performed on her. There could be evidence of psychopathy. If this is found, she might get off fairly easy as a subject of psychological study on psychopaths. This way at least, she would get mental health care, she wouldn't be in a general prison population, and she wouldn't be out on the streets enjoying her ability to control others at her whim. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-06-2017, 12:56 PM
(17-06-2017 12:50 PM)kim Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 12:15 PM)ImFred Wrote:  After reading through the texts I think she was getting off on how profoundly she was able to manipulate him. I know this is a disturbing conclusion but I think it was ultimately about sexual dominance. I'm sure many people will see nothing sexual in it but I think she was acting out a very sinister fetish.

I'm not interested in punishing her but from a safety standpoint she should be permanently removed from society. Brains that twisted are too hard to fix.

I don't recall seeing remorse for the death of the boy. I did however, see that she was pretty sorry she was going to prison. (Possibly - who knows how out-of-context the court reporting may have been?) I do agree she was excited by how she was able to manipulate him.

However, I didn't see it so much as "sexual dominance" rather, more of a power thing. It could be that men see "sexual dominance" as power while women just cut to the chase. Being female, I tend to see most anything as a secondary means to an end - the end being, power - control.

I'm not certain about what her psychological make up might be but, I would like to see a brain scan performed on her. There could be evidence of psychopathy. If this is found, she might get off fairly easy as a subject of psychological study on psychopaths. This way at least, she would get mental health care, she wouldn't be in a general prison population, and she wouldn't be out on the streets enjoying her ability to control others at her whim. Shy

Whether there was/is a sexual component or not, I do agree that she seemed to enjoy the ability to manipulate him.

She kept this up for quite a while. But even one 'go ahead do it' is uncalled for IMO. You just don't know where someone is mentally and emotionally and telling someone to kill themselves is screwed up.

When she knew he was in the process of killing himself she should have finally called for someone to help him. Instead she encouraged him when he had second thoughts. That's very disturbing and indicative of a deranged mind.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2017, 12:57 PM
(17-06-2017 11:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  http://rare.us/rare-news/across-the-u-s-...41b85aaeb5

Quote:A Massachusetts judge has found Michelle Carter guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

The case of the young woman who sent her boyfriend text messages urging him to commit suicide garnered national attention.
Conrad Roy III died of carbon monoxide inhalation in his pickup truck outside a Kmart. Records show a lengthy text message history between Roy and his girlfriend Michelle Carter, in which Carter repeatedly urges him to commit suicide.

Maybe this will help get the word out that suggesting suicide isn't the right thing to do. You never know a person's mental state when saying things like this.

This wasn't the case of an 'one off -- why don't you just kill yourself' comment...

This case seemed to be relentless that he complete the act.

It's twisted and horrifying.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Quote:However, I didn't see it so much as "sexual dominance" rather, more of a power thing. It could be that men see "sexual dominance" as power while women just cut to the chase. Being female, I tend to see most anything as a secondary means to an end - the end being, power - control.

Good post.

I know I get heat for what some think as unnecessary vulgarity but I think when she was typing I love you go do it her pussy was soaking wet. I doubt we'll ever know but I'd ask her if I had her in a lie detector because I think that's what it boils down to. Obviously, I don't KNOW that.
17-06-2017, 01:07 PM
(17-06-2017 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 11:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  http://rare.us/rare-news/across-the-u-s-...41b85aaeb5

Maybe this will help get the word out that suggesting suicide isn't the right thing to do. You never know a person's mental state when saying things like this.

This wasn't the case of an 'one off -- why don't you just kill yourself' comment...

A 'one off' at the wrong time...could have the same result.

How many times are too many?

17-06-2017, 01:13 PM
(17-06-2017 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This wasn't the case of an 'one off -- why don't you just kill yourself' comment...

But it would be nearly impossible to prove.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-06-2017, 01:23 PM
(17-06-2017 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 12:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This wasn't the case of an 'one off -- why don't you just kill yourself' comment...

Either way, given the method of killing himself, it was relatively painless and peaceful.
A "one off" suggestion could be enough for someone who might have access to a gun, while relentless badgering could be what it takes for someone to do it with, something most of us have access to... a tailpipe.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
17-06-2017, 02:20 PM
(17-06-2017 01:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 01:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A 'one off' at the wrong time...could have the same result.

Either way, given the method of killing himself, it was relatively painless and peaceful.
A "one off" suggestion could be enough for someone who might have access to a gun, while relentless badgering could be what it takes for someone to do it with, something most of us have access to... a tailpipe.

A gun, a bottle of pills, a sharp knife or razor, a rope or belt...we aren't really going to say that it's okay to encourage someone who may be at the edge mentally? Or are we?

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post