Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(02-02-2017 03:01 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 02:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: bfd60517347f6be6d75da71e03b843ff.jpg]

Milo is a bully, and he has no place on any campus. It's not a liberal or a conservative thing, it's a 'people should not be allowed to target and single out individual students for harassment so bad they have to leave campus' thing.

At least you own up to being opposed to free speech.

Fuck off. The University has an obligation to guard it's students against such targeted harassment. What Milo did is unacceptable, and is not a matter of First Amendment protection or censorship. The problem isn't that Milo has speech that I disagree with, it's that he's a bully. If Milo were to ask the ACLU to defend him over his behavior in campus, they would tell him to 'fuck off' as well. All rational people agree that there are limits to free speech, and Milo clearly crossed it.

This is intolerable. His pride shows that it will happen again, and this is why he should not speak at universities. He can speak conservative views or liberal views, but when he calls out a member of the student body, puts a picture up on the screen for thousands to see, gives her full name, proudly misgenders her, calls her the most vulgar slur in his arsenal, mocks her appearance, shames people for being friends with her, states she might be attractive enough for him to put his dick up her ass, disturbs her attendance by making light of a little-known Title IX compliance case that had been scarcely heard of by most in the university, and then boasts with a proud “mission accomplished” when said student drops out of the university due to the ensuing bullying, he is interfering with the university’s job of protecting and enhancing the safe education of its students. He is not educating; he is bullying. And apparently they knew he would do it. And we know, based on his reaction, that he will probably do it again.

We cannot afford to have someone on our college campuses who wears a badge of honor for this behavior. Not because he has conservative views, but because it interferes with student education. This is not OK; it is not what the university is for.
The privacy of individual students has strong importance in such public speeches. And I’m not just saying that because I’m a liberal; if a liberal did anything close to that to a conservative far-righter, the same logic would remain: Is this bullying the student, or enhancing their education? I would never condone, under any circumstances, someone speaking at a university to proudly bully individual students out of its walls.

This is not rocket science. This is not a partisan issue. This is about the purpose of a university, which is education. Some spaces outside the university may have different purposes. When Milo is in his transphobic Catholic church down the street he can rant and rail against individual transgender people all he wants, so long as he is not using my tax money to do it. I may not like it, but that’s his right. But the purpose of the university is education, and if a speaker is keeping individual students from being effectively educated because of his outrageous, proud bullying of individual students he names, he’s in the way of that purpose.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-02-2017, 03:10 PM
(02-02-2017 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 03:01 PM)BryanS Wrote:  At least you own up to being opposed to free speech.

That isn't what he said or implied. The right to free speech doesn't mean a right to any and every venue to express your opinion. Nor does it protect you from dissent.

That is exactly what he "implied", and that is exactly your position. You have the same respect for free speech that Stalin had in the Soviet Union and Castro had in Cuba.
02-02-2017, 03:10 PM
(02-02-2017 03:01 PM)BryanS Wrote:  At least you own up to being opposed to free speech.

That isn't what he said or implied. The right to free speech doesn't mean a right to any and every venue to express your opinion. Nor does it protect you from dissent.

Yes, exactly this. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM
(02-02-2017 03:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Fuck off. The University has an obligation to guard it's students against such targeted harassment. What Milo did is unacceptable, and is not a matter of First Amendment protection or censorship. The problem isn't that Milo has speech that I disagree with, it's that he's a bully. If Milo were to ask the ACLU to defend him over his behavior in campus, they would tell him to 'fuck off' as well.

This is intolerable. His pride shows that it will happen again, and this is why he should not speak at universities. He can speak conservative views or liberal views, but when he calls out a member of the student body, puts a picture up on the screen for thousands to see, gives her full name, proudly misgenders her, calls her the most vulgar slur in his arsenal, mocks her appearance, shames people for being friends with her, states she might be attractive enough for him to put his dick up her ass, disturbs her attendance by making light of a little-known Title IX compliance case that had been scarcely heard of by most in the university, and then boasts with a proud “mission accomplished” when said student drops out of the university due to the ensuing bullying, he is interfering with the university’s job of protecting and enhancing the safe education of its students. He is not educating; he is bullying. And apparently they knew he would do it. And we know, based on his reaction, that he will probably do it again.

We cannot afford to have someone on our college campuses who wears a badge of honor for this behavior. Not because he has conservative views, but because it interferes with student education. This is not OK; it is not what the university is for.
The privacy of individual students has strong importance in such public speeches. And I’m not just saying that because I’m a liberal; if a liberal did anything close to that to a conservative far-righter, the same logic would remain: Is this bullying the student, or enhancing their education? I would never condone, under any circumstances, someone speaking at a university to proudly bully individual students out of its walls.

This is not rocket science. This is not a partisan issue. This is about the purpose of a university, which is education. Some spaces outside the university may have different purposes. When Milo is in his transphobic Catholic church down the street he can rant and rail against individual transgender people all he wants, so long as he is not using my tax money to do it. I may not like it, but that’s his right. But the purpose of the university is education, and if a speaker is keeping individual students from being effectively educated because of his outrageous, proud bullying of individual students he names, he’s in the way of that purpose.

There is no legal protection for whiny cry babies. So you ca go fuck off yourself right back.
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM

I am a dissenting opinion to Milo, so you can fuck off there, and he was invited to the venue so you can fuck off there too.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
02-02-2017, 03:12 PM
(02-02-2017 02:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 02:48 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  No you're not.

You're defending bigotry and hate under the guise of free speech.

It's just like Trump saying, "I'm not PC" and then using that as cover to say the most racist, misogynistic, hateful things imaginable.

It's transparent. We see right through you.

You caught me. I care nothing about free-speech so long as Hitler incarnate can castrate Jews, hang blacks, slit the throats of atheists, and enslave Muslims.

May I ask your political persuasion, because I have a feeling it's not a Republican-leaning Never-Trumper.

So how do you differentiate what Milo says and what Hitler said 85 years ago? Do you ever draw a line in the sand at any point and say...this is wrong I won't stand for this? Just curious.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
02-02-2017, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 03:25 PM by dancefortwo.)
Double post

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-02-2017, 03:13 PM
(02-02-2017 03:10 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That isn't what he said or implied. The right to free speech doesn't mean a right to any and every venue to express your opinion. Nor does it protect you from dissent.

That is exactly what he "implied", and that is exactly your position. You have the same respect for free speech that Stalin had in the Soviet Union and Castro had in Cuba.

You'll have to justify that statement. Because that is a complete load of bullshit.

No one is advocating that Milo be jailed, or hauled off to a concentration camp, for fucks sake.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-02-2017, 03:14 PM
(02-02-2017 03:11 PM)BryanS Wrote:  There is no legal protection for whiny cry babies. So you ca go fuck off yourself right back.

Look at that! Empathy and nuance is optional!

[Image: go_fuck_yourself_cactus_disney.gif]

Cunt. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-02-2017, 03:15 PM
(02-02-2017 03:08 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuck off. The University has an obligation to guard it's students against such

You're the fucking asshole who decided to tell people to fuck off when you don't like what you hear. You are what is wrong with the left--you have no ability to have a reasoned debate. You don't believe in the free exchange of ideas. You have no respect for the art of persuasion or the use of logic to crush a loathsome ideology of your opponent.