Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 03:11 AM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(02-02-2017 09:43 AM)Emma Wrote:  Milo can fuck right off. Piece of fucking human garbage that he is.

[Image: KH1011_Milo-1.9kg-Tin_Large.jpg]

——Which came first... the energy drink or Yiannopoulos's father?

Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
03-02-2017, 07:54 AM
(02-02-2017 11:39 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 05:49 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Because the university is under no obligation to allow people to speak at it. They don't have the obligation of honoring your freedom of speech. In the same way that I don't have to entertain Jehovah's witnesses that come knocking.

It's common for people to decry "free speech violations," but they're just patently wrong about it. For instance, it's not a free speech violation for the forum to decide that certain groups aren't allowed to post (if it so chose).

The university didn't decide to shut the speaker down because they didn't like his ideas. Violent illiberal thugs did, against the wishes of the people that owns and runs the property...

I never said the university was the one to "shut down" his speech in any direct way. You're still straw manning me.

And, once again, what the hell is an "illiberal thug?" A right-wing violent protestor?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
03-02-2017, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 08:08 AM by GirlyMan.)
(02-02-2017 11:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Is it an insult? Well, if you don't consider yourself to be illiberal then I wasn't talking about you, so no insult.

What? Insults don't have to be personal. You can insult an entire class without personalizing it. That's what you did and you know that's what you did. Just because you're not a lazy good-for-nothing baby-spewing welfare queen porch monkey doesn't mean it's not an insult.

The fuck's got your panties in a wad anyway? You get Article 15ed or something?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Just to make triple sure I'm as clear as I can be on this- I think that colleges and universities should be in the habit of having people- even controversial people- of different and opposing viewpoints speak and/or debate.

I do not think that the college and university campus is an appropriate place for Milo, however. Because he's proven himself time and again that he will single out and attack individual students- he will shame them, bully them, do everything he can to make the environment unsafe for them, so that they leave school. All the while, he collects a paycheck, and gets more attention for it. So what's the solution? Government interference? No. Colleges and universities simply need to fucking STOP inviting HIM of their own individual decisions. Will there be someone else who speaks in his place? Sure, invite anyone else, as long as they aren't harassing individuals and turning the campus into an unsafe place. But will that happen? No, not likely. But every time the college and university leadership hosts him, they need to know that they are responsible for the damage he causes and the people he hurts. They have no excuse. They cannot say that they didn't know. Because if they don't know, then they didn't vet him. Plain and simple.

Milo can speak at any place that agrees to host him. I'm just saying, that only fucking unsympathetic morons or hateful bigots would agree to host him.

I'm not afraid of his message. I've engaged in dozens of people just like him on twitter- just with a smaller crowd of followers. People like him aren't hard to humiliate when you have the same platform they do, and when you can immediately refute the garbage that they are spewing and provide actual factual information to anyone willing to listen. But some venues are not appropriate for his "discourse" because of his methods of attacking private individuals by pinning an "idea" on them. And venue hosts need to be more fucking responsible for their decisions.

They can find other speakers that will carry the same messages in less destructive ways. And the conversation can still be had.

In no place am I advocating that the government take steps to silence Milo. In no way am I advocating that his freeze peaches ought to be hampered by the government. No one here is saying that the violence is warranted- certainly not me.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
03-02-2017, 10:02 AM
(03-02-2017 09:39 AM)Emma Wrote:  Just to make triple sure I'm as clear as I can be on this- I think that colleges and universities should be in the habit of having people- even controversial people- of different and opposing viewpoints speak and/or debate.

I do not think that the college and university campus is an appropriate place for Milo, however. Because he's proven himself time and again that he will single out and attack individual students- he will shame them, bully them, do everything he can to make the environment unsafe for them, so that they leave school. All the while, he collects a paycheck, and gets more attention for it. So what's the solution? Government interference? No. Colleges and universities simply need to fucking STOP inviting HIM of their own individual decisions. Will there be someone else who speaks in his place? Sure, invite anyone else, as long as they aren't harassing individuals and turning the campus into an unsafe place. But will that happen? No, not likely. But every time the college and university leadership hosts him, they need to know that they are responsible for the damage he causes and the people he hurts. They have no excuse. They cannot say that they didn't know. Because if they don't know, then they didn't vet him. Plain and simple.

Milo can speak at any place that agrees to host him. I'm just saying, that only fucking unsympathetic morons or hateful bigots would agree to host him.

I'm not afraid of his message. I've engaged in dozens of people just like him on twitter- just with a smaller crowd of followers. People like him aren't hard to humiliate when you have the same platform they do, and when you can immediately refute the garbage that they are spewing and provide actual factual information to anyone willing to listen. But some venues are not appropriate for his "discourse" because of his methods of attacking private individuals by pinning an "idea" on them. And venue hosts need to be more fucking responsible for their decisions.

They can find other speakers that will carry the same messages in less destructive ways. And the conversation can still be had.

In no place am I advocating that the government take steps to silence Milo. In no way am I advocating that his freeze peaches ought to be hampered by the government. No one here is saying that the violence is warranted- certainly not me.
So, if any university is my safe space where I (snowflake) is protected from any hate speech and bulling what am I going to do after graduation? Where is my sanctuary? This world is very unsafe place.
Look at my negative feedback and you will find plenty of hate(offensive) speech towards me on this forum. But I choose not to be offended. I say to myself "love trumps hate" or I say to myself "when they go low I go high".
It works. It helps me to survive this cruel, cruel world. I survive not only on this forum, I survive in real world and still LOVE HUMANS.

P.S. Celebrities rappers sing lots of hate speech songs. I don't see liberals protest them. Opposite, liberals exalt them.
In those songs rappers objectifying women(hello, feminists), they use n-word(hello, BLM), they sing about violence against cops(hello, love trumps hate liberals).

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-02-2017, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 10:13 AM by Alla.)
(02-02-2017 09:43 AM)Emma Wrote:  Milo can fuck right off. Piece of fucking human garbage that he is.
Do you realize that what you said about Milo(human) is offensive and hate speech?
I guess it is OK when you say this. Right?
When they say offensive thing it is evil and wrong. When you say offensive things it is justified. Right?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread summoned the dread Alla! Run!
Bechased

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
(03-02-2017 10:02 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, if any university is my safe space where I (snowflake) is protected from any hate speech and bulling what am I going to do after graduation? Where is my sanctuary? This world is very unsafe place.

I always get a grin out of right-wingers that complain about "snowflake" behaviour, yet they're the first ones to get all frothed at the mouth when, for instance, a football player exercises his freedom of expression and refuses to stand for the national anthem.
[+] 7 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
03-02-2017, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 10:39 AM by Emma.)
(03-02-2017 10:21 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 10:02 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, if any university is my safe space where I (snowflake) is protected from any hate speech and bulling what am I going to do after graduation? Where is my sanctuary? This world is very unsafe place.

I always get a grin out of right-wingers that complain about "snowflake" behaviour, yet they're the first ones to get all frothed at the mouth when, for instance, a football player exercises his freedom of expression and refuses to stand for the national anthem.

lol truth. Right-wingers have no concept that safe-spaces exist everywhere. You go to church on Sunday? You're going to your "safe space". If you go to an AA or NA meeting, that is a "safe space". And the college campus isn't in itself supposed to be a "safe space", rather groups get together to have a place that is intended to be safe for people of like mind to talk without being shouted down, drown out, or harassed and intimidated by the loud and disagreeable masses.

They make fun of the term without understanding what it means, or how it exists for them and how they fiercely protect it in their own lives.

Also, Alla, you are clueless about what I've actually said in this thread. And Milo is literally human garbage. Not simply because he belongs to any one group, or is born an certain way, or because he has any specific skin color, but because he behaves as would a piece of putrid rotting bio-waste trash that was given a human body to operate.

Edit to add: Safe spaces are okay to have. They are healthy. And they don't mean that someone who takes advantage of safe spaces are ill-equipped to handle life outside the safe space. Everyone needs a place where they can interact with similar people. This forum is a safe space of a kind, though I think with a much looser definition of the phrase than most.
03-02-2017, 10:41 AM
(03-02-2017 10:21 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  

It is far more important to protect hate speech. Big Grin

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 2 users Like tomilay's post