Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(03-02-2017 02:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Do what?

Holy fuck, do you not understand context? Even out of context this cherry-picked quote from me doesn't substantiate your claims.

Here is what you said in response to a preceding post by Dom: "We know they were anti-Trump. If Trump is on the authoritarian side (I say he is) then where else is there room for them? Either you claim a false-flag operation, or you admit they are on the left. There is nowhere else to go."

Then I responded with this: "Because only liberals are anti-Trump? Because the only option is that they rioted for purely political reasons and not that a minority of assholes took advantage of a situation to wreak havoc and it wasn't about politics? How do you KNOW these people who incited violence are on the left? FALSE DICHOTOMY. "I can't conceive of a logical way these people are on the right, SO THEY MUST BE ON THE LEFT!!!!""

The entire point of this reply was to point out the error in YOUR logic, not that I was claiming it was a republican/right-wing conspiracy. Which is why I followed up with: "Because there were no "Never Trump" people in the Republican Wing? Seriously? You know you can google this stuff, right? Moderates don't count any more? Or Libertarians who don't like Trump either? The only political opinions that exist in your world are right and left? And you still haven't told us how you KNOW they were on the left and anti-Trump and not that they were assholes taking advantage of the protests to be violent and that they weren't there to peacefully protest at all (and therefore aren't affiliated with either political end of the spectrum because they weren't there for political reasons)"

Do you think that the above quote (now in its entirety instead of the cherry-picked version you selected from it) is also me saying it was a Libertarian conspiracy too? Or is the point I am making that YOUR assumptions about how people occupy political space, is incorrect?

Hint: its the second thing

I actually posted in context and specifically said I was providing some context, then you removed that bit when you replied....so there is that...

In fact, there is another post from me that also blows your bullshit out of the water. It is a different reply of mine to Dom. I posted it already, but you clearly don't read things carefully so I will repost it here:

There is this post from page 7 where I said (in response to Dom):"Or the other obvious answer (as mentioned by others), people not affiliated with the protests in any way took advantage of an opportunity to be assholes and incite violence." Dom said in her post: "Fact is, you don't know and either way is possible. There is zero evidence - none of these hooded, disguised people were caught. Overall, the libs lose in this and the alts win.When facts are missing, I always try to look at the big pic to see who profits."

Meaning that I am DIRECTLY saying that I think it more likely that the rioters were NOT a "false flag" or right-wing/republican conspiracy.

edit to add this gif:
[Image: CtipW.gif]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 02:47 PM by Dark Light.)
(03-02-2017 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I actually posted in context and specifically said I was providing some context, then you removed that bit when you replied....so there is that...

No, you incorrectly assigned my comment about "Never Trumpers" to a conspiracy that the rioters were on the right end of the political spectrum, when that comment was STILL addressing your assertion that the rioters supposedly being anti-Trump means that they must be on the political left. Corroborated by your post: "We know they were anti-Trump. If Trump is on the authoritarian side (I say he is) then where else is there room for them? Either you claim a false-flag operation, or you admit they are on the left. There is nowhere else to go."" That is why the full context of my comment requires not only what Dom said, but what YOU said prior to it.

Cherry-picking bullshit to back up your bullshit claims isn't making your case any better. You accuse me of dishonesty, but these blatantly dishonest tactics aren't getting you anywhere. Why can't you just admit you're wrong and that I didn't claim what you claim I did? Too fragile an ego? Consider

If I post the context, and you don't like the conclusion, you ignore it. If I post the most pertinent part it's cherry-picking.

When you post someone in the Army with a turban to prove I was wrong when I said the Army was the branch with the most exceptions to the rule you can't admit you were wrong.

If you can't be honest, can you at least be consistent? No, no you can't.

Yes, you technically did not say it was right wingers, but you insinuated that it was possibly Republicans or Libertarians, or people with no political motivations - all of which are Alex Jones level conspiracy non-sense. Left wing folks chanting for the death of Trump, tagging graffiti calling for the death of Trump, punching and pepper spraying Trump supporters, at one of the most famously left-leaning schools in the most left-leaning state can only be explained as any of your insinuations, Republican, Libertarian, or non-political, by an absolute delusional conspiracy theory. You just don't want to own up to that because you consider anyone on the left your ally regardless of what kind of vile acts they commit. Pluck the splinter from thine eye.

Pictured below: "Non-Political" rioters

[Image: 20170202001296299862-original.jpg?itok=N...1486095061]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVNZaI23Fl-_GuoN4pkCe...T4Zie2KQ0A]

[Image: AP_17033190214561-1-1280x720.jpg]

03-02-2017, 02:44 PM
(03-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, you incorrectly assigned my comment about "Never Trumpers" to a conspiracy that the rioters were on the right end of the political spectrum, when that comment was STILL addressing your assertion that the rioters supposedly being anti-Trump means that they must be on the political left. Corroborated by your post: "We know they were anti-Trump. If Trump is on the authoritarian side (I say he is) then where else is there room for them? Either you claim a false-flag operation, or you admit they are on the left. There is nowhere else to go."" That is why the full context of my comment requires not only what Dom said, but what YOU said prior to it.

Cherry-picking bullshit to back up your bullshit claims isn't making your case any better. You accuse me of dishonesty, but these blatantly dishonest tactics aren't getting you anywhere. Why can't you just admit you're wrong and that I didn't claim what you claim I did? Too fragile an ego? Consider

If I post the context, and you don't like the conclusion, you ignore it. If I post the most pertinent part it's cherry-picking.

When you post someone in the Army with a turban to prove I was wrong when I said the Army was the branch with the most exceptions to the rule you can't admit you were wrong.

Yes, you technically did not say it was right wingers, but you insinuated that it was possibly Republicans or Libertarians, or people with no political motivations - all of which are Alex Jones level conspiracy non-sense. Left wing folks chanting for the death of Trump, tagging graffiti calling for the death of Trump, punching and pepper spraying Trump supporters, at one of the most famously left-leaning schools in the most left-leaning state can only be explained as any of your insinuations, Republican, Libertarian, or non-political, by an absolute delusional conspiracy theory. You just don't want to own up to that because you consider anyone on the left your ally regardless of what kind of vile acts they commit. Pluck the splinter from thine eye.

"If I post the context, and you don't like the conclusion, you ignore it. If I post the most pertinent part it's cherry-picking. "

Not only did you cherry-pick my quote, but you cherry-picked the context to fit it into. Classic dishonest bullshit.

"When you post someone in the Army with a turban to prove I was wrong when I said the Army was the branch with the most exceptions to the rule you can't admit you were wrong. "

I posted the picture to demonstrate that yes, the military has exceptions, and so do private companies and other public entities in response to your claim that people can't "violate" a place's dress code to wear clothing consistent with their religious practices. I posted it because your OWN admission of exceptions contradicted your bullshit assertion.

"Yes, you technically did not say it was right wingers, but you insinuated that it was possibly Republicans or Libertarians, or people with no political motivations - all of which are Alex Jones level conspiracy non-sense."

Complete bullshit. Not only did I not technically say any of those things, I didn't insinuate it either. You don't understand context because you clearly aren't reading what is written not only in the above posts, but the posts that lead up to it and provide the CONTEXT for my comments and replies.

"Left wing folks chanting for the death of Trump, tagging graffiti calling for the death of Trump, punching and pepper spraying Trump supporters, at one of the most famously left-leaning schools in the most left-leaning state can only be explained as any of your insinuations, Republican, Libertarian, or non-political, by an absolute delusional conspiracy theory. You just don't want to own up to that because you consider anyone on the left your ally regardless of what kind of vile acts they commit. Pluck the splinter from thine eye."

You ASSUME that they are "left wing folks." You STILL don't understand the point that you asserting that these people are on the political "left" is a meaningless assertion on your part that is an obvious attempt at insulting the left end of the political spectrum.

I sincerely do not know if I have ever engaged with someone as dishonest and hard-headed as you. You take the cake for being a dishonest asshole, this thread and your treatment of me are a great testament to that. I'll part with these quotes from you about me:
"You are really fucking stupid."
"You are fucking dumb, boy."
"You're a bad joke with the integrity of a sieve."

And the coup de grace
"I'm still right, your (sic) still stupid regardless of how kind I want to be to you. I have no interest in being kind to the likes of you because you were the first to call names, and the only dishonest person in this thread. Others that disagree with me are at least honest. You're a vitriolic snake. This forum is worse for having you as a member."

Your hypocrisy is showing... Drinking Beverage

-Rick
03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
(03-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:20 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No, you incorrectly assigned my comment about "Never Trumpers" to a conspiracy that the rioters were on the right end of the political spectrum, when that comment was STILL addressing your assertion that the rioters supposedly being anti-Trump means that they must be on the political left. Corroborated by your post: "We know they were anti-Trump. If Trump is on the authoritarian side (I say he is) then where else is there room for them? Either you claim a false-flag operation, or you admit they are on the left. There is nowhere else to go."" That is why the full context of my comment requires not only what Dom said, but what YOU said prior to it.

Thanks for the pictures. It was very nice of the "left wingers" who spray painted those messages to leave a clear indication that they are on the left end of the political spectrum. It is clearly impossible for literally anyone else with any other political motivation to spray paint those words /sarcasmfont

(I feel I should be clear for you, DL. When I say "/sarcasmfont" I mean that I was being sarcastic in what I said prior to that. Sarcasm means that I am saying something that I don't believe is actually true in order to make a point. I realize the nuance of this might be lost on you but hopefully this very simple explanation will get through to you)

edit to add: I envy the people who have never met you

-Rick
03-02-2017, 03:12 PM
(03-02-2017 12:44 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  What's being missed in this whole conversation is the fact - not an assumption but verified fact - that Milo is a character, an intentional troll. He's playing a part as a deliberate provocateur to further his employer's (Breitbart) agenda.

Now you're just going out of your way to hurt my delicate feelings aren't you?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2017, 03:20 PM
(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Not only did you cherry-pick my quote, but you cherry-picked the context to fit it into. Classic dishonest bullshit.

So if I post only the part I want to respond it, it's cherry picking, and with the context, I cherry picked the context?

[Image: 200_s.gif#0]

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "When you post someone in the Army with a turban to prove I was wrong when I said the Army was the branch with the most exceptions to the rule you can't admit you were wrong. "

I posted the picture to demonstrate that yes, the military has exceptions, and so do private companies and other public entities in response to your claim that people can't "violate" a place's dress code to wear clothing consistent with their religious practices. I posted it because your OWN admission of exceptions contradicted your bullshit assertion.

Do you even here the words that are coming out of your mouth? All I HAVE to do to demonstrate that religious beliefs don't allow you wear or do what you "believe" is right is provide a single solitary example by our government. I provide the example of it being generally true with the exceptions THAT I NOTED (not you) and you get credit for posting the exceptions that I already pointed out? What kind of tortured logic gives you the points here? What kind of brain-pretzel to you have to contort yourself beliefs into in order for me to be wrong and you right?

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Complete bullshit. Not only did I not technically say any of those things, I didn't insinuate it either. You don't understand context because you clearly aren't reading what is written not only in the above posts, but the posts that lead up to it and provide the CONTEXT for my comments and replies.

No, I read it. On the off-chance that you are being honest that you had not intended to imply it might be a right-winger then you are a poor communicator with the written word (or were in this instance), which is not an offense, but even if I grant you that, the claim that these people are apolitical is grade-A bullshit.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ASSUME that they are "left wing folks." You STILL don't understand the point that you asserting that these people are on the political "left" is a meaningless assertion on your part that is an obvious attempt at insulting the left end of the political spectrum.

It's not baseless, it's not assumption, it's logically salient, and there is evidence to support it. Your hypothesis has neither of those things going for it and is dependant on a nonsensical conundrum where by apolitical people are going risking their health and freedom to make statements with potentially serious political consequences.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I sincerely do not know if I have ever engaged with someone as dishonest and hard-headed as you. You take the cake for being a dishonest asshole, this thread and your treatment of me are a great testament to that.

This is precisely how I would describe you.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'll part with these quotes from you about me:

And the coup de grace
"I'm still right, your (sic) still stupid regardless of how kind I want to be to you. I have no interest in being kind to the likes of you because you were the first to call names, and the only dishonest person in this thread. Others that disagree with me are at least honest. You're a vitriolic snake. This forum is worse for having you as a member."

And I'll say it again. You are the poison in the well. You're dishonesty is more offensive to me than any name I have called you, but even then, remember who fired the first shot. I never regret retaliating against people who deserve it, and you certainly do. Here is a challenge for you, of my thousands of posts excluding this thread, find even 10 where I have called someone a name in a mean-spirited (non-joking) way. You either won't be able to because I haven't, or it will take you forever to find them, because it is so rare, they will probably be pretty mild as well. That is how bad you are. I started out, as I always do, as polite. I call you a dumb, dishonest twat only AFTER you started name-calling and using DISHONESTY to argue against me. It's a dick move. If you think calling someone a twat is hypocritical in a debate over defending free-speech

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your hypocrisy is showing... Drinking Beverage

If you think calling someone a twat is hypocritical in a debate over defending free-speech from the illiberal left, then I've wasted too much time on you. You should be insulted because I have no respect for you. You are the antithesis of integrity and undermine the cause of liberalism.

03-02-2017, 03:29 PM
(03-02-2017 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I post the context, and you don't like the conclusion, you ignore it. If I post the most pertinent part it's cherry-picking.

Thanks for the pictures. It was very nice of the "left wingers" who spray painted those messages to leave a clear indication that they are on the left end of the political spectrum. It is clearly impossible for literally anyone else with any other political motivation to spray paint those words /sarcasmfont

(I feel I should be clear for you, DL. When I say "/sarcasmfont" I mean that I was being sarcastic in what I said prior to that. Sarcasm means that I am saying something that I don't believe is actually true in order to make a point. I realize the nuance of this might be lost on you but hopefully this very simple explanation will get through to you)

Ah, so they now DO have a political goal. Not "Left"? Check. Not "Right"? Check. Not "apolitical"? Check. Clearly they do not belong anywhere on any political spectrum. They are just in the ether. Where they belong you can only find when you meditate long enough to reach nirvana on a different plain of existence among the astral projections. I must re-align my chakras and shove a healing crystal in my ass to envision the complex nuance of their political leanings. It truly is a mystery to behold for the ages.

03-02-2017, 03:30 PM
(03-02-2017 03:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Not only did you cherry-pick my quote, but you cherry-picked the context to fit it into. Classic dishonest bullshit.

So if I post only the part I want to respond it, it's cherry picking, and with the context, I cherry picked the context?

[Image: 200_s.gif#0]

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "When you post someone in the Army with a turban to prove I was wrong when I said the Army was the branch with the most exceptions to the rule you can't admit you were wrong. "

Do you even here the words that are coming out of your mouth? All I HAVE to do to demonstrate that religious beliefs don't allow you wear or do what you "believe" is right is provide a single solitary example by our government. I provide the example of it being generally true with the exceptions THAT I NOTED (not you) and you get credit for posting the exceptions that I already pointed out? What kind of tortured logic gives you the points here? What kind of brain-pretzel to you have to contort yourself beliefs into in order for me to be wrong and you right?

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Complete bullshit. Not only did I not technically say any of those things, I didn't insinuate it either. You don't understand context because you clearly aren't reading what is written not only in the above posts, but the posts that lead up to it and provide the CONTEXT for my comments and replies.

No, I read it. On the off-chance that you are being honest that you had not intended to imply it might be a right-winger then you are a poor communicator with the written word (or were in this instance), which is not an offense, but even if I grant you that, the claim that these people are apolitical is grade-A bullshit.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ASSUME that they are "left wing folks." You STILL don't understand the point that you asserting that these people are on the political "left" is a meaningless assertion on your part that is an obvious attempt at insulting the left end of the political spectrum.

It's not baseless, it's not assumption, it's logically salient, and there is evidence to support it. Your hypothesis has neither of those things going for it and is dependant on a nonsensical conundrum where by apolitical people are going risking their health and freedom to make statements with potentially serious political consequences.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I sincerely do not know if I have ever engaged with someone as dishonest and hard-headed as you. You take the cake for being a dishonest asshole, this thread and your treatment of me are a great testament to that.

This is precisely how I would describe you.

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'll part with these quotes from you about me:

And the coup de grace

And I'll say it again. You are the poison in the well. You're dishonesty is more offensive to me than any name I have called you, but even then, remember who fired the first shot. I never regret retaliating against people who deserve it, and you certainly do. Here is a challenge for you, of my thousands of posts excluding this thread, find even 10 where I have called someone a name in a mean-spirited (non-joking) way. You either won't be able to because I haven't, or it will take you forever to find them, because it is so rare, they will probably be pretty mild as well. That is how bad you are. I started out, as I always do, as polite. I call you a dumb, dishonest twat only AFTER you started name-calling and using DISHONESTY to argue against me. It's a dick move. If you think calling someone a twat is hypocritical in a debate over defending free-speech

(03-02-2017 02:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your hypocrisy is showing... Drinking Beverage

If you think calling someone a twat is hypocritical in a debate over defending free-speech from the illiberal left, then I've wasted too much time on you. You should be insulted because I have no respect for you. You are the antithesis of integrity and undermine the cause of liberalism.

"If you think calling someone a twat is hypocritical in a debate over defending free-speech from the illiberal left, then I've wasted too much time on you. You should be insulted because I have no respect for you. You are the antithesis of integrity and undermine the cause of liberalism."

You don't even know what hypocrisy means. Facepalm

I didn't say you can't or shouldn't insult people, but you being insulted and then insulting them back while complaining about being insulted, is hypocritical.

You're not worth the time. You weren't worth any of the time and I deeply regret having wasted any of my life on your dishonest ass.

And once again, your opinion is meaningless. You don't respect me? Join the club, you aren't the only one.

-Rick
03-02-2017, 03:32 PM
(03-02-2017 03:29 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Thanks for the pictures. It was very nice of the "left wingers" who spray painted those messages to leave a clear indication that they are on the left end of the political spectrum. It is clearly impossible for literally anyone else with any other political motivation to spray paint those words /sarcasmfont

Ah, so they now DO have a political goal. Not "Left"? Check. Not "Right"? Check. Not "apolitical"? Check. Clearly they do not belong anywhere on any political spectrum. They are just in the ether. Where they belong you can only find when you meditate long enough to reach nirvana on a different plain of existence among the astral projections. I must re-align my chakras and shove a healing crystal in my ass to envision the complex nuance of their political leanings. It truly is a mystery to behold for the ages.

Jesus H. Christ. You STILL DON'T get it. You don't know what their political leanings are. ASSUMING you know just makes you look like a presumptive and ignorant asshole, asshole.

-Rick
03-02-2017, 03:33 PM
(03-02-2017 03:30 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You don't respect me? Join the club, you aren't the only one.

That might be the most honest thing you've typed this whole thread.