Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(10-02-2017 10:51 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 01:20 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Left-leaning media is more likely to use dishonest tactics (or sometimes outright lying) to treat right-leaning issues worse than is 'fair'. Likewise, they are more likely treat left-leaning issues unfairly well by not reporting on an issue, reporting on it in a more positive light than it deserves, downplaying it, colluding with parties to control the narrative, etc. Of course the exact opposite is also true. Right-Leaning news outlets favor right-leaning issues, and treat left-leaning issues unfairly.

I call bullshit. The conservative media just cannot be believed. In no way is any serious liberal media close to the dishonesty the conservatives have.

Yes. And my religion is the correct religion because that's which team I'm on. The other guys are idiots. I can't understand how anyone could like Team A when Team B is clearly the good guys.

Blink

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Is his right to giving a speech actually infringed or do they just disagree with him giving a speech and he doesn't dare to do so?
10-02-2017, 02:30 PM
(10-02-2017 02:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 10:51 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  I call bullshit. The conservative media just cannot be believed. In no way is any serious liberal media close to the dishonesty the conservatives have.

Yes. And my religion is the correct religion because that's which team I'm on. The other guys are idiots. I can't understand how anyone could like Team A when Team B is clearly the good guys.

Blink

Come on- there's a clear distinction between the liberal-leaning coverage of MSNBC or CNN vs the conservative-raging Fox News Channel. Breitbart is a flat out lying propaganda machine for the right, and don't even count. You can't quite say the same about say- HuffPo, but you can expect more liberal-friendly coverage there.

But if you want to talk about how CNN fails us vs how FNC fails us, you're going to be looking at two very different and unrelated problems. FNC has no trouble spreading outright falsehoods- or at least letting a right-wing spokesperson say something flat-out false and going without a challenge.

CNN in more recent-ish history tends to to simply try to give equal coverage to both sides of an issue, giving both sides potentially equal validity even when one side is demonstrably lying. Jake Tapper is getting extra press right now because he finally called the liars out on their lies. That simply doesn't happen in mainstream media like CNN.

But you can't even try to tell me that "both sides do it, it's the same thing". Because I'll call bullshit on that.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
10-02-2017, 03:21 PM
(10-02-2017 02:30 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 02:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Yes. And my religion is the correct religion because that's which team I'm on. The other guys are idiots. I can't understand how anyone could like Team A when Team B is clearly the good guys.

Blink

Come on- there's a clear distinction between the liberal-leaning coverage of MSNBC or CNN vs the conservative-raging Fox News Channel. Breitbart is a flat out lying propaganda machine for the right, and don't even count. You can't quite say the same about say- HuffPo, but you can expect more liberal-friendly coverage there.

But if you want to talk about how CNN fails us vs how FNC fails us, you're going to be looking at two very different and unrelated problems. FNC has no trouble spreading outright falsehoods- or at least letting a right-wing spokesperson say something flat-out false and going without a challenge.

CNN in more recent-ish history tends to to simply try to give equal coverage to both sides of an issue, giving both sides potentially equal validity even when one side is demonstrably lying. Jake Tapper is getting extra press right now because he finally called the liars out on their lies. That simply doesn't happen in mainstream media like CNN.

But you can't even try to tell me that "both sides do it, it's the same thing". Because I'll call bullshit on that.

Well, I call bullshit on your bullshit. Only a ideologue could watch Rachel Maddow and think "this is credible and reasonable" when she is yelling "Literally Hitler! and claiming that Trump is the last President of the US, or look at the like of race-baiters like Van Jones on CNN insinuating Trump won because white people hate black people, or Donna Brazile feeding the debate questions to the Clinton Campaign, or New York Times letting Clinton essentially edit their article of her or any of any number of examples I could list. I would say at this point Fox has more credibility than many of the "liberal" media", and I do not consider Fox a particularly credible either.

10-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Trump won on the most primitive instincts humanity has to offer. He at least won despite being endorsed by the KKK and David Duke. So people voting for him were at least comfortable or didn't mind these kinds of endorsments. He also won because the alternative candidate was as appealing as the small pocks.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
10-02-2017, 03:35 PM
(10-02-2017 03:24 PM)abaris Wrote:  Trump won on the most primitive instincts humanity has to offer. He at least won despite being endorsed by the KKK and David Duke. So people voting for him were at least comfortable or didn't mind these kinds of endorsments. He also won because the alternative candidate was as appealing as the small pocks.

He won for many reasons, but I think the majority of people really did not care who the KKK endorsed. If I were to guess, I'd say that the KKK probably endorsed Ronald Reagan too, and he won in one of the biggest landslide elections in American History. That does not mean the majority of Americans "didn't mind" the endorsement, they just didn't care. Who is particularly concerned with the political opinions of an openly racist group in 2017? I suspect a VERY small minority. I live in the state where the KKK was founded, in the South, and I never actually knowingly seen or met a anyone who was in the KKK, and haven't met anyone under the age of 80 (as of ~15 years ago) who openly said they didn't like someone based solely on their race.

10-02-2017, 04:17 PM
(10-02-2017 03:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I were to guess, I'd say that the KKK probably endorsed Ronald Reagan too, and he won in one of the biggest landslide elections in American History.

That's why you shouldn't guess, they didn't. Trump's the first one to get that kind of endorsment, and polish a turd as much as you like, it's still a turd, appealing to the KKK - as the first one in living memory.
10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
(10-02-2017 04:17 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 03:35 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If I were to guess, I'd say that the KKK probably endorsed Ronald Reagan too, and he won in one of the biggest landslide elections in American History.

That's why you shouldn't guess, they didn't. Trump's the first one to get that kind of endorsment, and polish a turd as much as you like, it's still a turd, appealing to the KKK - as the first one in living memory.

I guessed because it wasn't particularly important to the point I was trying to make. The people who vote based on endorsements from the KKK are a tiny fraction of a percentage of a vote, a negligible amount. I'm not trying to polish a turd - Trump is a stinky turd, and I do not support the majority of his political positions.

10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
(10-02-2017 03:24 PM)abaris Wrote:  Trump won on the most primitive instincts humanity has to offer. He at least won despite being endorsed by the KKK and David Duke. So people voting for him were at least comfortable or didn't mind these kinds of endorsments. He also won because the alternative candidate was as appealing as the small pocks.

I think the reason the David Duke endorsement did not matter to Trump supporters is because who needs David Duke or KKK when you have Donald Trump?

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
10-02-2017, 05:12 PM
(10-02-2017 05:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The people who vote based on endorsements from the KKK are a tiny fraction of a percentage of a vote, a negligible amount. I'm not trying to polish a turd - Trump is a stinky turd, and I do not support the majority of his political positions.

Not based on the endorsment but despite of the endorsment. Which more or less means they're comfortable with that, don't mind or don't know. Either one doesn't sound good to me.