Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2017, 11:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 10:10 AM by Dark Light.)
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(13-02-2017 05:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Neo-Liberal =/= Liberal. They're a "new" movement from the 70s era of former Republican-types who discovered in the 80s that corporate money was delicious, and so they push slightly more progressive social issues than the Religious Right while still advancing an economically indistinguishable agenda. They have taken so much at this point that they are effectively a center-right party except on a few token social issues.

I would never have voted for Hillary Clinton because of her voting record, her support of the Prison Industrial Complex (and related national "crime fighting" policies), deregulation measures she has supported over the years, and a hawkish position on US interventionism. She's essentially a Republican who supports abortion and (eveeeennnntually) gay rights.

Well, we certainly agree on Clinton for the most part. I wouldn't call her a Republican, by any stretch though. She is part of the Democratic spectrum you don't like, sure, but she is as "Democrat" as they come. I live in a state that's solidly Republican, and come from parents who vote Republican every 4 years (until 2016 - Dad couldn't vote for the Angry Orange). About 70% of my extended family votes Republican. I've never heard a Republican who would say they would vote for her. I have heard many tortured Republicans vote for Trump only because, 'bruh, it's not Hillary, nuff said', and I even have a family member who was a life-long Democrat who voted for Trump. You can call Hillary many things, but a Republican isn't one of them. Ultimately though, she is a self-serving politician who is bought. Worse than most.

I think we have different views of what a neo-liberal is, as I'd say it's someone who, under the guise of liberty wants to oppress peoples liberties. I could go into more detail if you'd like but I hope that's sufficient.

As for the travel ban appealing to fears, and nothing to fear, and so on, I'd say I absolutely do want the best vetting we can possibly get from countries where terrorists are coming from. We, as a country, do not owe anyone the right to come to our country. However, I would like to get as many sane liberal people who want to be a contribution to society in our country regardless of religion. However, I don't want to only prevent terrorists from entering our country. I want to prevent those that despise Jews and Christians, those that want to throw gays off of roofs, those that want to oppress women, those that want to install Sharia as law, those that want to cut off the cliterous of their daughters, those that are willing to execute their friends and family for leaving Islam, those who think fucking prayer boys is okay, those who think free speech ends at The Prophet, or Allah, I want those fucking assholes to stay right the fuck where they are. And if you think those things are all rare then you have not been in that culture, you have not familiarized yourself with the cultural landscape of some of these countries. You have not listened to what a lot of the Imams and Muslims believe. This does not mean "All Muslims", nor "All Arabs" nor "All brown people" or anything else. And furthermore, there absolutely is a good reason allow the brown Christians and Jews first if they are all claiming refugee status, and that's simply that the Christians, and particularly the Jews are under a greater (and more immediate) threat, in a addition to being less likely to have many of the tendencies aforementioned.

Now, do not confuse what I have typed with support for Trump's travel ban, because I do not think we have an emergency yet, I don't like, even a temporary ban based solely on location, I think the ban discriminates based on political convenience, and I want this question to be debated rationally by our Congressmen instead of an executive order. I also want every Muslim, Christian and Jew whose views are not incompatible with Western liberal values to be allowed to take refuge as needed, as quickly as needed.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
15-02-2017, 04:02 PM
(14-02-2017 11:26 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  And furthermore, there absolutely is a good reason allow the brown Christians and Jews first if they are all claiming refugee status, and that's simply that the Christians, and particularly the Jews are under a greater (and more immediate) threat, in a addition to being less likely to have many of the tendencies aforementioned.

Why would you give preferential treatment on the basis of folks being non-Muslim refugees? You do realize that the most numerous victims of Muslim terrorism are indeed Muslims themselves, right?

Having lived in two Muslim countries for a total of five years -- an American who lived to tell about it, oh my! -- I've got no problem letting in Muslim refugees, none at all. You stand a far greater chance of being killed by lightning than you do of being killed by a Muslim terrorist, and there are 3.3 million Muslims in America right now.
[+] 8 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-02-2017, 07:16 AM
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...cy/513872/

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Dude goes full NAMbLA and poof! there goes whatever empire he was looking to build. Bye bye pedo.

"In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship — those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can’t speak to their parents." - Milovelyboy Yappenpous.

Stupid dick. Stupid. You were on a roll.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 01:01 PM
(20-02-2017 12:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dude goes full NAMbLA and poof! there goes whatever empire he was looking to build. Bye bye pedo.

"In the homosexual world, particularly, some of those relationships between younger boys and older men — the sort of ‘coming of age’ relationship — those relationships in which those older men help those young boys discover who they are and give them security and safety and provide them with love and a reliable, sort of rock, where they can’t speak to their parents." - Milovelyboy Yappenpous.

Stupid dick. Stupid. You were on a roll.

Um, as I said earlier today... in the words of Stan Marsh of South Park... "Holy shit, dude!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-02-2017, 01:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHA. The conservatives have quite the track record of immoral bigots on their side!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/20/media/mi...index.html

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-02-2017, 02:13 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/us/milo-yi...index.html

Why should trolls like Milo be rejected from spewing their bullshit at places like college campuses? Because they openly admit that they want to destabilize and disrupt people's lives with hate speech. Even they admit that their movement is one of "hate speech is free speech." Meaning that they acknowledge their hate speech.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-02-2017, 03:51 PM
(20-02-2017 02:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/02/us/milo-yi...index.html

Why should trolls like Milo be rejected from spewing their bullshit at places like college campuses? Because they openly admit that they want to destabilize and disrupt people's lives with hate speech. Even they admit that their movement is one of "hate speech is free speech." Meaning that they acknowledge their hate speech.

He's angry at God because he likes little boys.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 08:30 PM
and Simon&Shuster just pulled his book deal. And Breitbart's gonna fire him. Well that cushy gig went south in a hurry.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-02-2017, 09:55 PM
(20-02-2017 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  and Simon&Shuster just pulled his book deal. And Breitbart's gonna fire him. Well that cushy gig went south in a hurry.

Dunno if they'll fire him, but a bunch of the staff have threatened to quit if they don't fire him.

It seems to me they've got no choice but to do the right thing.

Meanwhile he's saying he's being sabotaged by the republican establishment.

You say shit like that and expect no blowback? What a fool!

It's like I've said some ideas are so bad they aren't worth debating -- just take out the trash.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post