Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(21-02-2017 09:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I watched him on Bill Maher, and was much more upset to see Milo offer several loads of conservative bullshit that went totally unchallenged, such as the allegation that trans* people "have a mental disorder". The guy is a walking pile of Conservapedia, and I can't believe Maher and his crew didn't know to just have someone patiently sitting at a Google-equipped laptop with PubMed already open on the screen, ready to refute every piece of bullshit upon which he bases his "oh so reasonable" expressions of "common sense". Rolleyes

The guy's a fraud, and the only reason he keeps getting away with his schtick is that no one effectively calls him on it. Maher had an opportunity to do so and squandered it. Putz.

Edit to Add: My apologies to Aliza and any of our other Jewish members for my unlicensed use of Yiddish... but frankly, when you have to express the degree of contempt that Milo and Maher have coming to them, really only Yiddish expressions will suffice! Laugh out load

Does anyone else have a love/hate thing with Bill Maher? Sometimes I like him, and other times I think he's just a smug asshole that is wrong as often as he's right.

Maybe I'm just moody?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2017, 05:29 PM
(21-02-2017 05:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 09:21 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I watched him on Bill Maher, and was much more upset to see Milo offer several loads of conservative bullshit that went totally unchallenged, such as the allegation that trans* people "have a mental disorder". The guy is a walking pile of Conservapedia, and I can't believe Maher and his crew didn't know to just have someone patiently sitting at a Google-equipped laptop with PubMed already open on the screen, ready to refute every piece of bullshit upon which he bases his "oh so reasonable" expressions of "common sense". Rolleyes

The guy's a fraud, and the only reason he keeps getting away with his schtick is that no one effectively calls him on it. Maher had an opportunity to do so and squandered it. Putz.

Edit to Add: My apologies to Aliza and any of our other Jewish members for my unlicensed use of Yiddish... but frankly, when you have to express the degree of contempt that Milo and Maher have coming to them, really only Yiddish expressions will suffice! Laugh out load

Does anyone else have a love/hate thing with Bill Maher? Sometimes I like him, and other times I think he's just a smug asshole that is wrong as often as he's right.

Maybe I'm just moody?

I'm the same. I want to like him but sometimes I just can't.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2017, 12:14 AM
(21-02-2017 05:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm the same. I want to like him but sometimes I just can't.

I've only seen him in religulous. Some of the stuff in there was dodgy as well IIRC. If the guy's gonna be an atheist cheerleader then for fucks sake be factual.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
22-02-2017, 02:36 AM

Maybe I'm just moody?

I've never cared for him and his schtick even though I agree with much of what he says. I just think that 1) you're right, he's a smug asshole, and 2) he drops the ball often enough to demonstrate that much of his high esteem is in his own head.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-02-2017, 06:01 AM

Maybe I'm just moody?

I'm right there with you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
22-02-2017, 08:21 AM
(22-02-2017 12:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 05:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm the same. I want to like him but sometimes I just can't.

I've only seen him in religulous. Some of the stuff in there was dodgy as well IIRC. If the guy's gonna be an atheist cheerleader then for fucks sake be factual.

Don't forget he's an anti-vax nut. Fuck him, I say.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
22-02-2017, 08:37 AM
(22-02-2017 12:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  

What really sucks is that I liked Religulous when I saw it. There are parts of it that are really good, but then I started seeing some interesting critiques of it and began to realize that some parts of it were just bullshit. Which was quite frustrating.

His views on vaccines are unfortunate, but his views on what it means to be called out on it are probably worse.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
22-02-2017, 08:39 AM

Maybe I'm just moody?

Totally agree.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
22-02-2017, 12:52 PM
(21-02-2017 05:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Does anyone else have a love/hate thing with Bill Maher? Sometimes I like him, and other times I think he's just a smug asshole that is wrong as often as he's right.

Maybe I'm just moody?

He's smug. Can't say I like him very much. Although he makes me laugh at times, sometimes agree with him, I can't shake the feeling of him being an asshole.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
22-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Who said there was no truth in advertising? Drinking Beverage

Milo's logo absolutely looks like a stylised human centipede (if you don't know what a human centipede is, consider yourself incredibly, blissfully lucky and can I join my bubble to yours?)

[Image: C5OM-o6WQAASG2o.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post