Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(02-02-2017 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:59 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If it doesn't describe you then what the fuck are you getting offended about? It obviously wasn't meant as an insult to you then. Think for one damn second before you go off the deep end. Jesus fucking Christ.

You equate it (the violence) with the political left, which I identify with, and then wonder why someone is offended by your blatant attempts at being insulting? Are you that oblivious?

(You went off the deep end starting the thread. What do you want, people to show you more respect than you show them? Hypocrite)

I didn't say "the left", I said "the illiberal left". Just as I could criticize a "Christian Conservative" without criticizing all conservatives.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 11:07 AM
(02-02-2017 11:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:02 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You equate it (the violence) with the political left, which I identify with, and then wonder why someone is offended by your blatant attempts at being insulting? Are you that oblivious?

(You went off the deep end starting the thread. What do you want, people to show you more respect than you show them? Hypocrite)

I didn't say "the left", I said "the illiberal left". Just as I could criticize a "Christian Conservative" without criticizing all conservatives.

You didn't put "left" in quotation marks to denote they weren't on the left. Your title calls the political left "illiberal" and then equates it with the violent actions of a few people. Read what you write

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
02-02-2017, 11:08 AM
(02-02-2017 10:31 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:26 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If we hadn't gone to war to fight hate, bigotry and fascism we might not have a Bill of Rights today. Roosevelt declared war on Dec. 8th 1941. Germany and Japan didn't officially declare war on us.

Was that before or after we imprisoned American citizens in internment camps for looking too Japanese? Go peddle that non-sense narrative somewhere else. It's utterly false and too easily debunked as non-sense. America was not the superhero anti-everythingbadyoucanthinkof. We were attacked, we retaliated.

We did that after we entered into the war and yes, the Japanese internment camps was an ENORMOUS, UGLY BLIGHT on our history just as slavery and our treatment of the Native Americans was and is still horrible.

And guess what? We're trying to do it again. We're treating immigrants and Muslims with the same damned fear we treated the Japanese and it's the same type of people, the extreme right, that is doing it again. Why does the extreme right never learn from past experiences. Do they not read history books? What the hell.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-02-2017, 11:09 AM
(02-02-2017 11:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I didn't say "the left", I said "the illiberal left". Just as I could criticize a "Christian Conservative" without criticizing all conservatives.

You didn't put "left" in quotation marks to denote they weren't on the left. Your title calls the political left "illeberal" and then equates it with the violent actions of a few people. Read what you write

Because they are on the left. Just a Christian Conservatives are still conservative, even without quotations.

02-02-2017, 11:10 AM
(02-02-2017 11:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  The whole premise of this thread is screwed.

It makes a whole lot more sense to assume that the hooded crooks were alt right than to assume they were liberals.

Wait - the two most prominent heads of the alt-right get attacked, along with their crowd at one of the events, and you assume the alt-right committed seppuku? Does not compute.

You don't think that those attacks gain the right some sympathy? That it might benefit them in some way?
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
02-02-2017, 11:17 AM
(02-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You didn't put "left" in quotation marks to denote they weren't on the left. Your title calls the political left "illeberal" and then equates it with the violent actions of a few people. Read what you write

Because they are on the left. Just a Christian Conservatives are still conservative, even without quotations.

And so you still wonder why someone on the political left might be offended to be equated with what YOU interpret as people being violent and "illiberal liberals?" Are you seriously that dense or are you just trying really REALLY hard to be a major asshole?

-Rick
02-02-2017, 11:17 AM
(02-02-2017 11:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  The whole premise of this thread is screwed.

It makes a whole lot more sense to assume that the hooded crooks were alt right than to assume they were liberals.

Wait - the two most prominent heads of the alt-right get attacked, along with their crowd at one of the events, and you assume the alt-right committed seppuku? Does not compute.

Best advertisement that speaker ever had, and the liberal, peaceful protesters get blamed for violence.

Win-win for the alt right.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-02-2017, 11:18 AM
(02-02-2017 11:09 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:07 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You didn't put "left" in quotation marks to denote they weren't on the left. Your title calls the political left "illeberal" and then equates it with the violent actions of a few people. Read what you write

YOU ASSUME that they are on the left, but all you have to back that assertion up is that they incited violence against the bigots of the alt-right. Whoever these people were, they no more represent liberalism or the political left than the KKK or Islamic Terrorists represent Christianity or Islam.

-Rick
02-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(02-02-2017 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Wait - the two most prominent heads of the alt-right get attacked, along with their crowd at one of the events, and you assume the alt-right committed seppuku? Does not compute.

Best advertisement that speaker ever had, and the liberal, peaceful protesters get blamed for violence.

Win-win for the alt right.

Win-win for the alt-right and the Neoliberals.

-Rick
02-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
Idk this dude but apparently people are mad he got a book deal

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson