Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 12:15 PM
RE: Illiberal Left Shuts Down Free Speech with Violence (Again)
(02-02-2017 12:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  YOU ASSUME that they are on the left, but all you have to back that assertion up is that they incited violence against the bigots of the alt-right. Whoever these people were, they no more represent liberalism or the political left than the KKK or Islamic Terrorists represent Christianity or Islam.

Again - we agree on absolutely everything. You've just got your panties in a twist because you didn't like the label I used. And again, the whole reason why I called them illiberal was to distinguish them from liberals like myself.

And yet you still don't understand the reason why your label is bullshit. Which means we DON'T agree on everything. For instance, you said: "Because they are on the left. Just a (sic) Christian Conservatives are still conservative, even without quotations."

That is INCORRECT. They no more represent the "left" than the KKK represents the "right."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(02-02-2017 11:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Wait - the two most prominent heads of the alt-right get attacked, along with their crowd at one of the events, and you assume the alt-right committed seppuku? Does not compute.

Best advertisement that speaker ever had, and the liberal, peaceful protesters get blamed for violence.

Win-win for the alt right.

The "liberal, peaceful protestors" in this case was not liberal, and not peaceful, but they weren't alt-right either. You're assuming a conspiracy where one is not needed. Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK and illiberal people on the left punched, then boasted about "punching a Nazi". If the alt-right did it, you'd also have explain why young anti-Trump, anti-Republican college students have been gushing on about it on social media. That's an aspect of the story covered by CNN.

02-02-2017, 12:18 PM
(02-02-2017 12:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Again - we agree on absolutely everything. You've just got your panties in a twist because you didn't like the label I used. And again, the whole reason why I called them illiberal was to distinguish them from liberals like myself.

And yet you still don't understand the reason why your label is bullshit. Which means we DON'T agree on everything. For instance, you said: "Because they are on the left. Just a (sic) Christian Conservatives are still conservative, even without quotations."

That is INCORRECT. They no more represent the "left" than the KKK represents the "right."

The KKK doesn't have to represent the right to be a part of it, and these illiberal hooligans don't have to represent the left in order to be part of the left.

02-02-2017, 12:18 PM
(02-02-2017 12:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:15 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yet you still don't understand the reason why your label is bullshit. Which means we DON'T agree on everything. For instance, you said: "Because they are on the left. Just a (sic) Christian Conservatives are still conservative, even without quotations."

The KKK doesn't have to represent the right to be a part of it, and these illiberal hooligans don't have to represent the left in order to be part of the left.

And yet you still have no evidence that they are on the left. YOU ASSUME that and equate the violence with the left. Get it yet?

-Rick
02-02-2017, 12:22 PM
(02-02-2017 12:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:18 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  The KKK doesn't have to represent the right to be a part of it, and these illiberal hooligans don't have to represent the left in order to be part of the left.

And yet you still have no evidence that they are on the left. YOU ASSUME that and equate the violence with the left. Get it yet?

It's not an assumption. You could say it's a presumption. There's an important distinction. There is evidence that they are on the left, and no evidence of some false-flag Alex Jones style conspiracy at an overwhelmingly faux-liberal college whose students openly talk of wishing to stop him from speaking.

02-02-2017, 12:26 PM
(02-02-2017 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Idk this dude but apparently people are mad he got a book deal

First heard of him when he was banned from twitter for leading trolls on a racist abuse of a black actor, I forget who. While I don't question his right to free speech, his right to spew hate enjoys pride of place near the bottom of my concerns.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
02-02-2017, 12:27 PM
(02-02-2017 12:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yet you still have no evidence that they are on the left. YOU ASSUME that and equate the violence with the left. Get it yet?

It's not an assumption. You could say it's a presumption. There's an important distinction. There is evidence that they are on the left, and no evidence of some false-flag Alex Jones style conspiracy at an overwhelmingly faux-liberal college whose students openly talk of wishing to stop him from speaking.

You're still straw manning me. I did not say this was some sort of "false-flag" bullshit. That is an ASSUMPTION you are making. You ASSUME they are on the left because it fits your narrative. So you label them with something you consider an insult and then have the audacity to ask me why I might be offended by what you're saying?

-Rick
02-02-2017, 12:28 PM
(02-02-2017 12:26 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:34 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Idk this dude but apparently people are mad he got a book deal

First heard of him when he was banned from twitter for leading trolls on a racist abuse of a black actor, I forget who. While I don't question his right to free speech, his right to spew hate enjoys pride of place near the bottom of my concerns.

I think he led the tirade (one of many) against Leslie Jones? Which led to the alt-right hack of her email and the leaking of her personal photos.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
02-02-2017, 12:29 PM
(02-02-2017 12:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:18 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  And yet you still have no evidence that they are on the left. YOU ASSUME that and equate the violence with the left. Get it yet?

Fact is, you don't know and either way is possible. There is zero evidence - none of these hooded, disguised people were caught.

Overall, the libs lose in this and the alts win.

When facts are missing, I always try to look at the big pic to see who profits.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-02-2017, 12:33 PM
(02-02-2017 12:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:22 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's not an assumption. You could say it's a presumption. There's an important distinction. There is evidence that they are on the left, and no evidence of some false-flag Alex Jones style conspiracy at an overwhelmingly faux-liberal college whose students openly talk of wishing to stop him from speaking.

Fact is, you don't know and either way is possible. There is zero evidence - none of these hooded, disguised people were caught.

Overall, the libs lose in this and the alts win.

When facts are missing, I always try to look at the big pic to see who profits.

Or the other obvious answer (as mentioned by others), people not affiliated with the protests in any way took advantage of an opportunity to be assholes and incite violence.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post