Illinois Atheists Unite

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Illinois Atheists Unite
so i've been doing some digging and i have yet to find some kind of atheist or free thinking group here in central Illinois. for that matter i've yet to run across anyone from my neck of the woods on the web either. if you are from the Illinois area, then introduce yourself here and let's see if maybe we can get an atheist group started.

especially if you are someone (like me) who was involved in the church, you can understand the sense of community that that you lose when you leave the faith. that sense can be found again, and i would like to see it happen here in Peoria, IL. while i would love to see something akin to "The Atheist Experience" happen here, i know it starts with simply coming together first.

so again if your from Illinois, show up and represent!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: Illinois Atheists Unite
I've noticed you've posted this a year ago. I find it sad to not find anything in Google searches and this forum happens to just be at the top of a Google search. So let me inform you all (most likely future searches) of what information I have found thus far.

There are Atheist meet up's and informational blogs from authors around Illinois but as for Atheist groups or organizations there really isn't one I could find. And definitely if there were to be one it would not even be comparable to the sheer size and lure of a religious one.

I am currently an Atheist from Sterling Illinois I go to school currently at Western Illinois University in Macomb Illinois. I'm going to try and start a group at my university for atheism but the problem is that it cannot be a solely Atheist group. This group would have to recognize all religions and allow them in. I'll be working with this and the groups formation and roster trying to get the ball rolling this Fall semester.

That's one option, if anyone has any information do post it here I think it's an important thing to organize as Atheists and do good public relations sorts of things. I think there is a stigma that goes against Atheism and it would be important to have some sort of organization to refute that.

If anyone is interested in contacting me my E-mail is : KE-Davis3@wiu.edu

Thank you all.
03-11-2013, 02:04 PM
RE: Illinois Atheists Unite
hello i know this post is ancient but i am from south central illinois and looking to connect with atheist