Illogical Boss

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2014, 07:41 AM
Illogical Boss
Hello all,

I have a problem with an illogical boss. He's short and condescending to his employees. It's making hard to work with a person like this. I know this doesn't have anything to do with religion but it doesn't have to do with how to deal with someone who will not deal with reason. Does anyone have a better solution other than quitting (because I have a kids that need to eat) or shutting up and being humiliated?

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: Illogical Boss
Tough spot to be on, though I have to ask, how is your boss's shortness relevant? that made me chuck a little.

The options depend on what you do for a living, the size of the company, the type of abuse your boss in enacting and the feedback options available to you (hr, boss' boss, etc)

I was kinda in the same situation (though my boss is taller than me and pregnant) and found another job thats closer to home and pays better. I start next week.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
28-05-2014, 07:53 AM
I was once advised to never leave a gig unless I have another lined up. Seemed like good advice.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
28-05-2014, 08:30 AM
It's hard to advise without more details. Is it a large company? Contact HR. Is it a problem with the owner?

Wise words to live by :
Set an example of how you want to be treated by treating others that way.
Set boundaries and be firm with those who cross them.
If you still aren't happy , make a plan to leave.
If laws are being broken, report them. Not reporting can be easily confused with agreement in participation.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-05-2014, 08:43 AM
(28-05-2014 08:30 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  It's hard to advise without more details. Is it a large company? Contact HR. Is it a problem with the owner?

Wise words to live by :
Set an example of how you want to be treated by treating others that way.
Set boundaries and be firm with those who cross them.
If you still aren't happy , make a plan to leave.
If laws are being broken, report them. Not reporting can be easily confused with agreement in participation.

B & A i didnt know you were quite the philosopher Thumbsup

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor