Illuminati

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 09:29 PM

RE: Illuminati
(31-05-2011 05:16 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 01:55 PM)That sly kid Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 08:49 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-05-2011 05:23 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  Are they real? Do they really control governments? If so, are they evil?

No, no, and no answer, respectively.

The Illuminati no longer exist. They haven't existed since 1785.

The Bavarian Illuminati have a website where you could apply.

News to me. But even if there is an organization out there which refers to itself as the Bavarian Illuminati, the fact remains that the original organization disintegrated in 1785. Several groups have taken up the name since then - including some Freemason lodges - but the Illuminati itself no longer exists.

Oh I get it. The original Illuminati doesn't exist anymore. But other organizations have taken up the name. My question is why? Why the Illuminati? Do you have some evidence that they actually did take up the name?
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 12:05 AM

(31-05-2011 09:29 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  My question is why?Why the Illuminati?

Prestige, popularity + who wouldn't like to be called an "enlightened one"?

Quote:Do you have some evidence that they actually did take up the name?

Wikipedia.
01-06-2011, 05:06 AM
I tried to create a secret society in high-school. It's an allure of mystery and secrecy that stimulates the mind I guess.
It's nice to be part of a secret group that all work for the same cause and have the privacy to do so ... it feels almost primal ( in a psychotic kind of way) Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes gaglamesh731's post
03-06-2011, 11:35 AM
(31-05-2011 09:29 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  Oh I get it. The original Illuminati doesn't exist anymore.

Right. And the Illuminati of popular culture - the secret, world-spanning organization which rules the world from the shadows - has never existed.

(31-05-2011 09:29 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  But other organizations have taken up the name. My question is why? Why the Illuminati?

Why not?

(31-05-2011 09:29 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  Do you have some evidence that they actually did take up the name?

In addition to the above link to Wikipedia, it's not exactly a secret. Several Masonic lodges have named themselves "the [something] Illuminati" over the years, and other organizations have also taken up the name.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
03-06-2011, 06:10 PM
(29-05-2011 10:38 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  
Quote:Let me guess , they don't take vaccines because they're afraid of the mark of the beast , right ? Big Grin

hahahaha yeah they think Justin Beiber is evil and music can make you kill people. hahahaha
[/quote]

Are you suggesting that Justin Beiber isn't evil?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM

(03-06-2011 06:10 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 10:38 PM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  
Quote:Let me guess , they don't take vaccines because they're afraid of the mark of the beast , right ? Big Grin

hahahaha yeah they think Justin Beiber is evil and music can make you kill people. hahahaha

Are you suggesting that Justin Beiber isn't evil?

for me justin isn't evil at all. I don't hate him. I'm not a hater. But I'm not a fan too. He's okay.
13-06-2011, 12:33 PM
I thought they were a group who didn't like the Vatican church.Huh

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
13-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Justin Bieber music makes me Want to kill people... namely him...

And let's all stop talking about the illuminati they aren't real.... hey look over there at that shiny object... now back to what we were talking about, monkeys of the Sudan....

(I did it illuminati brothers, I distracted them using the old monkeys of the Sudan tactic, there will be no more talk of you, carry on with your diabolical plans mwa hahahahha)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2011, 03:04 PM
(13-06-2011 12:33 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I thought they were a group who didn't like the Vatican church.Huh

The Illuminati wanted to eliminate religious power and the priest caste as far as I understand it. Remember that much of Europe was a Monarchal Theocracy at the time. Many blame the illuminati for the French Revolution.
And to this day we still have monarchies in Europe instead of secular republics - guess the illuminati got drunk at a pub and stopped there Wink

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
22-07-2011, 03:14 PM
The Illuminati do indeed exist and you are a hypno-agent for their nefarious schemes. Fnord.

"As he goes through the house of Zeus, the gods tremble before him, and all spring up from their seats when he draws near, as he bends his bright bow." - Homeric Hymn to Apollo