Im a loner dottie, a rebel...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Im a loner dottie, a rebel...
and an atheist.

I grew up in the christian church, but never felt compelled to join the party. Because of growing up in and around it, i'm not the most confident of atheists. Hell, it took me a long time just be able to say the word 'atheist' and not get an instant picture in my mind of bikers with beers in their hands.
I still have all the BS I was taught growing up in my head, and its been really hard to walk away. When I have questions, all I hear are their answers, (mostly telling me not to question) and I want my own!

It's a pretty weird place to be.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Im a loner dottie, a rebel...
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Everyone has a big but. Let's talk about your big but.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-12-2015, 08:13 PM
(09-12-2015 07:30 PM)lostinthought Wrote:  and an atheist.

I grew up in the christian church, but never felt compelled to join the party. Because of growing up in and around it, i'm not the most confident of atheists. Hell, it took me a long time just be able to say the word 'atheist' and not get an instant picture in my mind of bikers with beers in their hands.
I still have all the BS I was taught growing up in my head, and its been really hard to walk away. When I have questions, all I hear are their answers, (mostly telling me not to question) and I want my own!

I cannot relate to your experience dealing with all that nonsense growing up. I can wish you luck shaking it off. Good luck.

Welcome to TTA forum.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
09-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Welcome! This your coming out party?

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
09-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Welcome rebel!

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Velkom to zer machine. Assimilation vill begin shortly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-12-2015, 10:25 PM
(09-12-2015 07:30 PM)lostinthought Wrote:  and an atheist.

Welcome! Been there, done that. Just surf the site for some reality-based posts, and get over the programming that the xtians of whatever stripe have inflicted on you. Look at Good Without God's threads. He has some of the best debunking of xtianity information I have yet to see in the internet. Be strong! The programming went deep on me; I was doubting at the age of 11, but not able to articulate it or defeat it in the face of parental supervision. I'm 63 and didn't even admit to myself that I was an atheist until I was 53, ten years ago. It is tough. Xtianity is quite pervasive in Western Culture. Lots of shit out there, not much of it is true.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-12-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't want to dilute my last post with this further information-

There are "Bikers for Christ" who will mess you up if you don't believe. Just search what is in quotes.
10-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Atheist. That is what I am. I embrace the term and take warmth and comfort from knowing who I am. Welcome and hope you get there too.