Im a loner dottie, a rebel...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Im a loner dottie, a rebel...
(09-12-2015 07:30 PM)lostinthought Wrote:  and an atheist.

I grew up in the christian church, but never felt compelled to join the party. Because of growing up in and around it, i'm not the most confident of atheists. Hell, it took me a long time just be able to say the word 'atheist' and not get an instant picture in my mind of bikers with beers in their hands.
I still have all the BS I was taught growing up in my head, and its been really hard to walk away. When I have questions, all I hear are their answers, (mostly telling me not to question) and I want my own!

It's a pretty weird place to be.

Welcome aboard

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2015, 10:05 AM
(09-12-2015 07:30 PM)lostinthought Wrote:  and an atheist.

I grew up in the christian church, but never felt compelled to join the party. Because of growing up in and around it, i'm not the most confident of atheists. Hell, it took me a long time just be able to say the word 'atheist' and not get an instant picture in my mind of bikers with beers in their hands.
I still have all the BS I was taught growing up in my head, and its been really hard to walk away. When I have questions, all I hear are their answers, (mostly telling me not to question) and I want my own!

It's a pretty weird place to be.

Welcome....

Have a beer.....

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Hello! Big Grin
12-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Being passionately curious is something to be quite proud of. Welcome to the forum Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2015, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 09:38 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(09-12-2015 10:31 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I don't want to dilute my last post with this further information-

There are "Bikers for Christ" who will mess you up if you don't believe. Just search what is in quotes.

I ride with and build bikes for Christian bikers all the time.

There's not much to fear from the Christian Motorcyclist Association (CMA), in terms of violence. They're annoying as all get-out with their evangelism, but generally harmless. I have done quite a bit of business with CMA riders.

Most of the truly frightening 1%'er bikers (the Outlaws, and other gang types) are actually Christians, if not the evangelical kind. They're the ones who'd beat your ass if you said Jesus wasn't real, or whatever.

Indoctrination runs deep, and most people lack the strength or insight to break those chains. Much respect to you for breaking your shackles, OP.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart