Im just looking for friends to chat with

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Rainbow Im just looking for friends to chat with
I am new here. I am looking for people who are like minded to talk with, share information with - basically to support one another when we need it.
i am super lucky. I live in a country that is increasingly secular and i am rarely ever confronted with overtly religious "stuff" in my life
EXCEPT
by my family-they love them some jebus.Facepalm
My Mom's family are hardcore B A C's and bigots to boot. They think that Obama is the anti-christ, are opposed to women's rights & LGBT rights as well. they don't even eat seafood!!
i used to be a very conservative person, but I am now very liberal. I support human rights, am an atheist but I do like guns! when used RESPONSIBLY ( i was in the military). Smile
In my everyday life there is no need to declare my secularism, but i would like to help my family understand my perspective better, how what they believe is harmful & even help them become more rational thinkers!
i look forward to hearing from you!Smile[/font]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Im just looking for friends to chat with
Welcome aboard, Stranger.

Please 'scuse my ignorance but what's B A C?

I was trying to guess...
Budgeting, Accounting, Charging
Bitches And Cu...
Baptists...

Pass.

By the way, if you don't mind, I'm going to move this post to the Introductions Section. The Personal Issues and Support Section is a 'moderated' protected zone.

Cheers
DLJ

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Welcome!

A good many of the folk here are friendly, informative, and fascinating~~~~.
24-12-2014, 12:49 AM
At work.

Hello! Big Grin
24-12-2014, 07:35 AM
(23-12-2014 10:51 PM)72lesstrange Wrote:  I am new here. I am looking for people who are like minded to talk with, share information with - basically to support one another when we need it.
i am super lucky. I live in a country that is increasingly secular and i am rarely ever confronted with overtly religious "stuff" in my life
EXCEPT
by my family-they love them some jebus.Facepalm
My Mom's family are hardcore B A C's and bigots to boot. They think that Obama is the anti-christ, are opposed to women's rights & LGBT rights as well. they don't even eat seafood!!
i used to be a very conservative person, but I am now very liberal. I support human rights, am an atheist but I do like guns! when used RESPONSIBLY ( i was in the military). Smile
In my everyday life there is no need to declare my secularism, but i would like to help my family understand my perspective better, how what they believe is harmful & even help them become more rational thinkers!
i look forward to hearing from you!Smile[/font]

My stance on guns is that their rifling should be catalogued. That way it's easier to track down a culprit when they shoot someone. I know this can be bypassed by a silencer, but fingerprints can be bypassed by gloves and are still super useful.

Well, that and background checks/psych evaluations. Most people aren't particularly dangerous with a gun... you just want to keep them away from the dangerous ones.
24-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Welcome, there's definitely a great group of folks here. I've only been around a few weeks myself, and one of the things I find most refreshing is that the atheists assembled here are not monolithic. The only common factor is the lack of belief in one particular idea about the universe: that there are gods in it. Beyond that, we're really not very like-minded, there's a wide array of beliefs and ideologies represented here, which only serves to illustrate how atheism, secular humanism, and free-thinking are an invitation to individuality, to open-mindedness about other perspectives.
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
24-12-2014, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 10:41 AM by DLJ.)
(23-12-2014 11:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome aboard, Stranger.

Please 'scuse my ignorance but what's B A C?

I was trying to guess...
Budgeting, Accounting, Charging
Bitches And Cu...
Baptists.
Or Born Again Christian.
[+] 1 user Likes 72lesstrange's post
24-12-2014, 10:01 AM
B A C Born Again Christian

Welcome strange one. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
I don't agree with all of your views, but "hi" anyway! Smile
02-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Looking forwards to exchanging posts etc.

Much cheers to all.