Image and video buttons not working properly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Image and video buttons not working properly?
If I'm using my tablet (Surface 2.0) I can't seem to get the image or video buttons to work properly. If I click on them, nothing happens. I swear I could do this in the past on this tablet but now it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if it's operator error (lol) or if anyone else has been experiencing that problem, but I thought I'd check. Thanks!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Image and video buttons not working properly?
(22-01-2014 10:17 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  If I'm using my tablet (Surface 2.0) I can't seem to get the image or video buttons to work properly. If I click on them, nothing happens. I swear I could do this in the past on this tablet but now it just doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure if it's operator error (lol) or if anyone else has been experiencing that problem, but I thought I'd check. Thanks!

I get problems where they just don't show. There's a huge empty space in the post, but nothing there. Oddly, if someone quotes their post, I can see it in their quote when I expand it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Well, good to know that I'm not the only one having trouble. I'm just not sure what it is. But I too have also had the situation you described, B&A - where I would post a video and they just didn't show.

23-01-2014, 02:28 AM
(22-01-2014 09:46 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, good to know that I'm not the only one having trouble. I'm just not sure what it is. But I too have also had the situation you described, B&A - where I would post a video and they just didn't show.

I always check the coding, and do it manually if need be.

For Youtube at least, the format is (remembering to replace {} brackets with [] ones)...

{video=youtube}URL for the video goes here{/video}

So this way, if the buttons aren't working, you can just type it out yourself and copy/paste the URL you want to use and it should work properly.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-01-2014, 03:22 AM
User error. For using a tablet. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-01-2014, 04:38 PM
(23-01-2014 02:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 09:46 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well, good to know that I'm not the only one having trouble. I'm just not sure what it is. But I too have also had the situation you described, B&A - where I would post a video and they just didn't show.

I always check the coding, and do it manually if need be.

For Youtube at least, the format is (remembering to replace {} brackets with [] ones)...

{video=youtube}URL for the video goes here{/video}

So this way, if the buttons aren't working, you can just type it out yourself and copy/paste the URL you want to use and it should work properly.

Thanks a bunch! Thumbsup

(23-01-2014 03:22 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  User error. For using a tablet. Big Grin

Dodgy

Laugh out load Good ol' Johnny-boy. Big Grin

23-01-2014, 04:47 PM
The mobile version of the site is turrible.

I use the desktop version even on my phone