Image hosting advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Image hosting advice
Is there a decent image hosting place where I can link to these forums WITHOUT having to make them so widely available?

I've used Imgur for the few photo's but in order for that to work, you have to show the entire community your photo's. It's a large community and I try to keep my footprint a bit smaller with sensitive, and potentially personally identifiable information.

I'd love to show some pictures of my cat and my dog for instance, but on Imgur someone might recognize my animals, and I don't need to be stalked by my family (it's happened before).

I've tried sharing from my google drive and photo's folders but they don't work correctly.

As big as I am on computers, I've only recently been more active on forums, so I really haven't ever dug too deep in this. Some are kind enough to host images themselves (considering how much space is required for that I'm not surprised TTA doesn't).

Anyone have ideas on this?

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Image hosting advice
(18-03-2017 04:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Is there a decent image hosting place where I can link to these forums WITHOUT having to make them so widely available?

I've used Imgur for the few photo's but in order for that to work, you have to show the entire community your photo's. It's a large community and I try to keep my footprint a bit smaller with sensitive, and potentially personally identifiable information.

I'd love to show some pictures of my cat and my dog for instance, but on Imgur someone might recognize my animals, and I don't need to be stalked by my family (it's happened before).

I've tried sharing from my google drive and photo's folders but they don't work correctly.

As big as I am on computers, I've only recently been more active on forums, so I really haven't ever dug too deep in this. Some are kind enough to host images themselves (considering how much space is required for that I'm not surprised TTA doesn't).

I use https://postimage.io/. You can get a direct link to the image meaning you can post an image here without having a link for anyone to click on.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
18-03-2017, 04:25 PM
(18-03-2017 04:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 04:08 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Is there a decent image hosting place where I can link to these forums WITHOUT having to make them so widely available?

I use https://postimage.io/. You can get a direct link to the image meaning you can post an image here without having a link for anyone to click on.

Oh wow, thanks! This sounds perfect I'll be sure to check it out.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-03-2017, 04:37 PM
(18-03-2017 04:25 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 04:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I use https://postimage.io/. You can get a direct link to the image meaning you can post an image here without having a link for anyone to click on.

Oh wow, thanks! This sounds perfect I'll be sure to check it out.

Happy to help Smile

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-03-2017, 06:25 PM
I use http://www.photobucket.com
I have no idea anymore if I have it on "public" or what. Consider I only use it for here so, I don't actually care who sees it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-03-2017, 06:31 PM
(18-03-2017 06:25 PM)kim Wrote:  I use http://www.photobucket.com
I have no idea anymore if I have it on "public" or what. Consider I only use it for here so, I don't actually care who sees it.

I have photobucket too, but it has gotten so slow that I went to Imgur, which has now gotten slow...so I'm looking again. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
18-03-2017, 06:33 PM
https://imgsafe.org

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Thank you all for the advice. It helps a ton!

Big Grin
18-03-2017, 06:43 PM
(18-03-2017 06:33 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  https://imgsafe.org

This looks good.
Is it fast and is there a limit?
Do they have a fuck ton of adds? I think that's what slows down photobucket.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-03-2017, 06:48 PM
I use photo bucket. It can be slow, but I only use it a little (like for this forum) so it's okay for that purpose.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post