Image of god vs being and ape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 02:12 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
Image of god vs being and ape
There is an objection to evolution which states that evolution is wrong because it makes people just animals, more specifically apes. However I have an objection to that and say that it is better to be an ape then to be in the image of god, especially if it is the one of Abraham. Lets compare the bonobo and Yahweh to see which one has morality and which one would it be better to be if you were moral.

[Image: image-05-small.jpg]

Moral things

Not much war between these animals

Most get along well

They live peaceful lives

There isn't much murder in the group

There are no mass genocides

They love to fuck[edit thanks to full circleBig Grin]

[Image: 11yahwehname.gif]

Immoral

Kills thousands of people

Does nothing and just calls it part of his plan, but then helps a football player score a winning touchdown

Made it so that every animal can die easily

Sends people to burn for eternity

Racist

Prejudice

Lies

As far as I can tell, when it comes to morality I would rather be the ape.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 02:11 PM
RE: Image of god vs being and ape
Don't forget Bononbos love to fuck, and there is no stigma or guilt attached...this alone trumps all Abrahamic religions.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
18-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah, they're horny little buggers... any excuse for a good shag.

What you can't see in the photo, is the lady chimp giving him a blow job.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
18-03-2014, 05:29 PM
More moral things Bonobos do:

Share food with others, even when in short supply.

Protect members of their group, even putting themselves at risk.

Adopt orphaned babies.

Punish violent members by ejecting them from the group.

Show sadness when a member of the group dies.

Almost looks like they have behaviors that could be said to be morality...

But that couldn't be. Why would 'God' give morality to lowly animals? He reserves that for us non-apes.
[+] 3 users Like Simon Moon's post
18-03-2014, 05:36 PM
No, but you see, everything god does is instantly good, and we know this because he says so, and he never lies, except when he does, but when he does it's okay because he's god and everything god does is instantly good, so killing thousands is now good.

*Does some more flips on mental gymnastics bars*
18-03-2014, 05:40 PM
(18-03-2014 02:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't forget Bononbos love to fuck, and there is no stigma or guilt attached...this alone trumps all Abrahamic religions.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
19-03-2014, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 01:29 PM by Blackhand293.)
If the choice was be a creature, created in the image of YHWH or be an Ape, i would be an ape for who want's to a reflection of cruelty, hate and blood lust?

Rather give me the ape for then I am caring of those around me, I rejoice in the affirmation of life that is sex and the expression of companionship that is bonding through mutual care.

I rejoice for I am an Ape, a hairless pale ape, but an ape non the less.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 03:03 PM
(18-03-2014 02:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Don't forget Bononbos love to fuck, and there is no stigma or guilt attached...this alone trumps all Abrahamic religions.

Thumbsup
Laugh out load

You're killing me.

AhhhhhhhhhhhhLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load Still laughing!

whew

thanks. I needed that.Big Grin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
19-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Well we wouldn't be apes anyway. Modern evolutionary theory says that we had a common ancestor with apes, not that we evolved from them.

But what's so bad about being an animal anyway, ape or otherwise? It's just a term. It doesn't make us any less human. Some people get all hung up on the most stupid things.

Regarding the OP, I agree, bonobos have more morals than Yahweh.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
19-03-2014, 03:09 PM
(19-03-2014 03:04 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Well we wouldn't be apes anyway. Modern evolutionary theory says that we had a common ancestor with apes, not that we evolved from them.

But what's so bad about being an animal anyway, ape or otherwise? It's just a term. It doesn't make us any less human. Some people get all hung up on the most stupid things.

Regarding the OP, I agree, bonobos have more morals than Yahweh.

Well humans are still apes, no different then we are still mammals and deuterostomes, you never grow out of you evolutionary ancestory. But I know what you mean by apes, you mean extant ones.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと