Imagination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: Imagination
I am not at all sure this is not all just imagination.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 04:39 PM
(30-04-2016 04:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 04:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Are you sure? Because this is the alternative:

Silly boy.... that's not the role play I meant either. I was thinking less vanilla, much less. Renfests are very tame, well at least until the patrons go home, after dark is quite different. Angel

Not even a slight hint of magic missile?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-04-2016, 04:54 PM
(30-04-2016 04:39 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 04:37 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Silly boy.... that's not the role play I meant either. I was thinking less vanilla, much less. Renfests are very tame, well at least until the patrons go home, after dark is quite different. Angel

Not even a slight hint of magic missile?

Oh there's a magic missile alright, just not the D&D kind. [Image: xc8K5j8.jpg]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-04-2016, 04:58 PM
(30-04-2016 04:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 04:39 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Not even a slight hint of magic missile?

Oh there's a magic missile alright, just not the D&D kind. [Image: xc8K5j8.jpg]

Thought so.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
30-04-2016, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 08:29 PM by Heatheness.)
Now back to the thread.... sorry for the side trip. Smile

One thing about kids not going out as much is there are much more latch-key kids than in our day. If I was home my mom was home. So when I went out to play there was an adult on hand if needed. So many kids are inside playing video games now because of necessity, both parents work either by choice or necessity and it's just not safe to let them come and go as they please from an unsupervised house. It's not the best but sometimes it's all there is.

I still think imagination is stimulated in so many way that it won't be a big change in being able to think outside the box.

30-04-2016, 08:21 PM
(30-04-2016 06:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Now back to the thread.... sorry for the side trip. Smile

One thing about kids not going out as much is there are much more latch-key kids than in our day. If I was home my mom was home. So when I went out to play there was an adult on hand if needed. So many kids are inside playing video games now because of necessity, both parents work either by choice or necessity and it's just not safe to let them come and go as they please from an unsupervised house. It's not the best but sometimes it's all there is.

I still think imagination is stimulated in so many way that it won't be a big change in being able to thin outside the box.

Hell, even when I was inside I didn't just play video games (though I did play my fair share). I played with my aciton figures and legos like crazy. Kids today don't seem to enjoy that stuff as much anymore.
30-04-2016, 08:37 PM
(30-04-2016 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am not at all sure this is not all just imagination.

GirlyMan, what's the matter with you anyway. You've slackened off on some of your video duties. So with your permission I'll dutifully post.....................

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-04-2016, 08:41 PM
(30-04-2016 08:21 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 06:13 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Now back to the thread.... sorry for the side trip. Smile

I still think imagination is stimulated in so many way that it won't be a big change in being able to thin outside the box.

Hell, even when I was inside I didn't just play video games (though I did play my fair share). I played with my aciton figures and legos like crazy. Kids today don't seem to enjoy that stuff as much anymore.

Play is often directed by the parent. "Go outside and play." "Go play in your room." and such. If children are spending too much time in front of the TV whether it's game time or tv time it's either parent directed or parent allowed. My mother used to hand me an apple after breakfast and say "out!". Laugh out load That was as much for her benefit as mine, maybe more.

I regulated how much time my kids could spend watching tv or playing video games. I varied it with time spent outdoor and some alone time to entertain themselves. I was also mostly a stay-at-home mom while they were young until about 14 or 15. They still had restrictions but I didn't monitor them as much.

Not parent blaming but if we want our kids to have a varied play and learning experience while growing up then teaching good parenting skills would be prudent. Something our country and culture in the USA is sadly lacking in.

30-04-2016, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 09:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-04-2016 08:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 04:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I am not at all sure this is not all just imagination.

GirlyMan, what's the matter with you anyway. You've slackened off on some of your video duties. So with your permission I'll dutifully post.....................

'What the hell? They're all darkies. You crackers gonna die.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 09:20 PM
(30-04-2016 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 08:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  GirlyMan, what's the matter with you anyway. You've slackened off on some of your video duties. So with your permission I'll dutifully post.....................

'What the hell? They're all darkies. You crackers gonna die.

MMMMMmmmmmm. Love that song. Yes Sooooo smooth. Just like silk chiffon. Or am I imagining things. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post