Imagination

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2016, 09:26 PM
RE: Imagination
(30-04-2016 09:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  'What the hell? They're all darkies. You crackers gonna die.

MMMMMmmmmmm. Love that song. Yes Sooooo smooth. Just like silk chiffon. Or am I imagining things. Dodgy

We ain't dead yet.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2016, 09:28 PM
(30-04-2016 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 08:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  GirlyMan, what's the matter with you anyway. You've slackened off on some of your video duties. So with your permission I'll dutifully post.....................

'What the hell? They're all darkies. You crackers gonna die.

Now I want to slow dance, real slow, real long. Drooling

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
30-04-2016, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 09:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-04-2016 09:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 08:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  'What the hell? They're all darkies. You crackers gonna die.

Now I want to slow dance, real slow, real long. Drooling

I have a couple of sons you might find attractive.
[Image: zack.jpg]
[Image: john.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 10:01 PM
(30-04-2016 09:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 09:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Now I want to slow dance, real slow, real long. Drooling

I have a couple of sons you might find attractive.
[Image: zack.jpg]
[Image: john.jpg]

Nah, nice looking but a bit too young for me... got any uncles or brothers? Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
30-04-2016, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 10:43 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
I spent my formative years -- 8 to 12 -- as an American boy in Teheran. We had three hours of English-language TV (two were after my bedtime) per day, and of course no computers for video games. Outside play was done with the few English-speaking kids we could scrape up in the surrounding area, and you sort of became friends whether you liked someone or not, because they were so damned hard to find.

We'd play soldier and cowboys-and-indians, and as we got older, we took to organizing raids on the many local constructions sites to seize materials for our forts -- as I wrote about it once, "every band of desperadoes needs a hideaway." Some of our heists were hilarious, and prompted a small war with the construction workers at one time.

So our play had some imagination happening, and some real-life hi-jinks.

When I wasn't out playing, with no TV books were the entertainment of choice ... which also nurtured my imagination. Jack London, Maurice Sendak, Laura Ingalls Wilder, that sort of thing. I coud close my eyes and build this world in my head, albeit with guidance from the author, but all the same exercising that part of the brain which creates.

I have no doubt that this sort of childhood is exactly why I'm a guitarist and writer, and why at one time a visual artist as well. Creativity is addictive. Whether I'm writing a story or a song, my goal is to transport the reader or listener to another place, and -- this is important to me -- allow them to participate in its construction by using their own imagination.

I also think that creativity is innate to humans. I imagine that the first authors, preliterate though they were, were the guys sitting around the fire after a good day's hunt and dinner, telling stories about the hunt which soon became stories about some imagined hunt, maybe by a hero he invented, maybe by himself in a Mittyesque fashion, maybe by some god to which the other hunters, listening to him, could aspire. We have evidence of the first man-made musical instruments from around 40,000 YA, and of course the human voice long predates that. I can't help but think that music too was an early art form, perhaps derived from imitating the calls of birds or prey, and then being subverted to simply another form of entertainment.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-04-2016, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2016 11:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-04-2016 10:01 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Nah, nice looking but a bit too young for me... got any uncles or brothers? Smile

Got a brother. He's 53.

[Image: latspread_zpsf4bc73c5.jpg][Image: manlybro_zpse001c334.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-04-2016, 11:34 PM
(30-04-2016 11:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 10:01 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Nah, nice looking but a bit too young for me... got any uncles or brothers? Smile

Got a brother. He's 53.

[Image: latspread_zpsf4bc73c5.jpg][Image: manlybro_zpse001c334.jpg]

Cute. I don't suppose he's atheist too by some chance?

01-05-2016, 02:40 AM
And there we go, took only 5 hours before the thread turned into a Craigslist ad again. If the forum has gone to such lengths to create a restricted section for exactly this, then I'd say use it.

Sorry for being the fun police but I'm in extraordinary physical pain right now.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
01-05-2016, 07:04 AM
(30-04-2016 10:40 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I also think that creativity is innate to humans. I imagine that the first authors, preliterate though they were, were the guys sitting around the fire after a good day's hunt and dinner, telling stories about the hunt which soon became stories about some imagined hunt, maybe by a hero he invented, maybe by himself in a Mittyesque fashion, maybe by some god to which the other hunters, listening to him, could aspire.

And thusly religion was born....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
01-05-2016, 08:38 AM
(01-05-2016 07:04 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-04-2016 10:40 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I also think that creativity is innate to humans. I imagine that the first authors, preliterate though they were, were the guys sitting around the fire after a good day's hunt and dinner, telling stories about the hunt which soon became stories about some imagined hunt, maybe by a hero he invented, maybe by himself in a Mittyesque fashion, maybe by some god to which the other hunters, listening to him, could aspire.

And thusly religion was born....

Exactly what I was thinking!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post