Imagination vs knowledge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 04:25 AM
RE: Imagination vs knowledge
What I'm thinking is that it is a dumb assed t-shirt dreamt up by a fluffball to justify staring into his navel all day. Evil_monster

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-07-2012, 01:31 PM
(26-07-2012 12:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 12:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Always pimpin' the Cavemen, eh?.

This is usually where I reply something like "It's all that hair and extra thick bone." But then what I said always ends up working against me. Sad I used to be so innocent....

You're just fine the way you are.Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-07-2012, 04:52 PM
(26-07-2012 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 12:12 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is usually where I reply something like "It's all that hair and extra thick bone." But then what I said always ends up working against me. Sad I used to be so innocent....

You're just fine the way you are.Yes

Your username caption should read 'terse and deadly on the outside, soft and mushy on the inside'. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
26-07-2012, 04:53 PM
(26-07-2012 04:52 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 01:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're just fine the way you are.Yes

Your username caption should read 'terse and deadly on the outside, soft and mushy on the inside'. Big Grin

Shhhh. Let it be our little secret.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Without knowledge we would all be brain dead and would die. We wouldn't know how to get food, drink, etc. Without imagination nothing would be improved or invented. We would be back in the stone age, actually even before that because without imagination we wouldnt have even thought of crafting stone tools. Knowledge is definitely more important, for without it we are nothing. We may as well be rocks.
27-07-2012, 06:47 AM
(09-02-2012 02:08 PM)bemore Wrote:  What do you peeps think.....is imagination more important than knowledge???

Is knowledge a by-product of imagination and therefore proving the slogan as correct??? Huh

I personally don't think that imagination is more important than knowledge per se, but it is important. Just think about it. The world would be an extremely boring place, void of abstract art, hilarious comedies, and moving music, just to name a few byproducts of the imagination.

In a sense, knowledge is the result of imagination. Knowledge is utilized in order to come to a educated consensus about the way the world works. We have no way to absolutely prove that any of our knowledge is completely, solidly objective. In this sense, knowledge is the result of the imagination. The pragmatic nature of "objective" knowledge seems to take a minimal amount of imagination.