Imagine NO Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Imagine NO Religion
Religion is just a symptom of our irrational nature, not the cause of it. There are plenty of non spiritual disagreements to fight over. War will be a constant regardless.

How does the saying go? "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." I hate to disappoint, but this storm ain't passing anytime soon Tongue. So let's just blow up some fanatics, enjoy the hunt, make a few videogames so the couch potatoes can share in the virtual glory, and if some evil corporations profit from it all, so be it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-09-2014, 12:20 PM
(10-09-2014 08:46 PM)jamin Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well religion was part of it that is why people say that, though that is no the whole reason for it.

Well, first time we went in and destroyed a country, killed who knows how many, it was OIL......now it's all about religion so we're told...

There is so much more to 9/11, check out the Truthers...

The truthers are wrong, always were, there is not much truth to them

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Truthers...

See also - oxymoron...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
11-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Conspiracy theories abound here. Keep a watchful eye, sane people.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
13-09-2014, 01:31 PM
(10-09-2014 09:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Religion is just a symptom of our irrational nature, not the cause of it. There are plenty of non spiritual disagreements to fight over. War will be a constant regardless.

How does the saying go? "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." I hate to disappoint, but this storm ain't passing anytime soon Tongue. So let's just blow up some fanatics, enjoy the hunt, make a few videogames so the couch potatoes can share in the virtual glory, and if some evil corporations profit from it all, so be it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-09-2014, 04:58 PM
Allow me to be the devils advocate. Religion has not only been bad through history, both culturally and even scientifically. It has pushed art and poetry to new levels during ancient times and the medieval Christian church actually furthered many scientific pursuits due to the fact that monks were generally well educated. It has done tons of harm, yes, but it hasn't been all bad.
13-09-2014, 07:03 PM
(10-09-2014 08:46 PM)jamin Wrote:  
(10-09-2014 07:36 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well religion was part of it that is why people say that, though that is no the whole reason for it.

Well, first time we went in and destroyed a country, killed who knows how many, it was OIL......now it's all about religion so we're told...

There is so much more to 9/11, check out the Truthers...

oh no jamin.....please don't believe the misinformation the truthers dump on those who don't have all of the information. They have been truly debunked, over and over and over..I know you are smarter than that...dont let them lead you astray.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/se...s-debunked

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)