Imagine if mormonism was the world governing religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2014, 12:45 PM
RE: Imagine if mormonism was the world governing religion
You mean... 4 wives and become the god of my own universe?

Fuckin' tidy...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2014, 01:13 PM
The cotton underwear industry would make a killing.

[Image: ab_mormonundies.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
30-09-2014, 01:24 PM
(30-09-2014 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 08:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... Mormonism IS a type of Christianity.

On the plus side, no beheadings. On the minus side, still uberconservative and batshit crazy.

Also, I think the religion would go through a bit of an identity crisis. What would all those bicycle-riding missionaries do?

(No, I'm not taking this question seriously. Why would I?)

Actually that's debatable. A case could easily be made that it's not a form of Christianity.

A case could be made, and has been made, for ANY particular church, denomination, or group not being a form of Christianity.
30-09-2014, 01:41 PM
(30-09-2014 01:24 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 10:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually that's debatable. A case could easily be made that it's not a form of Christianity.

A case could be made, and has been made, for ANY particular church, denomination, or group not being a form of Christianity.

Yabut, the Mormons are about as Christian as the Scientologists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2014, 01:42 PM
It would be bad.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
30-09-2014, 01:51 PM
(30-09-2014 01:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 01:24 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  A case could be made, and has been made, for ANY particular church, denomination, or group not being a form of Christianity.

Yabut, the Mormons are about as Christian as the Scientologists.

Really?

Mormons believe in the same god of the Bible, and believe in Jesus as son of that god and all-around perfect divine savior. They just tack a few extra stories, commands, prophecies, and prophets onto the end. This is FAR closer to Christianity than Scientology. Hell, it's closer to Christianity than Islam.

Not that I'm defending them on anything. I'm just arguing categorization here.
30-09-2014, 01:57 PM
(30-09-2014 01:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 01:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, the Mormons are about as Christian as the Scientologists.

Really?

Mormons believe in the same god of the Bible, and believe in Jesus as son of that god and all-around perfect divine savior. They just tack a few extra stories, commands, prophecies, and prophets onto the end. This is FAR closer to Christianity than Scientology. Hell, it's closer to Christianity than Islam.

They also believe jebus is brother to satan and god is married and had lots of spirit children in the celestial temple/kingdom

For years and years before Mitt Romney, Mormonism was on most evangelical christian websites as a cult. In fact, quite the hoopla was started when the Billy Graham organization revamped their cult list and removed Mormonism before the last presidential election.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-09-2014, 02:55 PM
(30-09-2014 01:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 01:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Really?

They also believe jebus is brother to satan and god is married and had lots of spirit children in the celestial temple/kingdom

For years and years before Mitt Romney, Mormonism was on most evangelical christian websites as a cult. In fact, quite the hoopla was started when the Billy Graham organization revamped their cult list and removed Mormonism before the last presidential election.

And, don't forget, Catholicism is headed by the anti-Christ.

Just because a bunch of evangelical Christians attack it, doesn't mean that it's not a form of Christianity.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
30-09-2014, 03:08 PM
(30-09-2014 02:55 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 01:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They also believe jebus is brother to satan and god is married and had lots of spirit children in the celestial temple/kingdom

And, don't forget, Catholicism is headed by the anti-Christ.

Just because a bunch of evangelical Christians attack it, doesn't mean that it's not a form of Christianity.

It is so bizarrely un-Biblical that calling it Christianity is misleading at best.

It is no more a Christian sect than Islam is.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2014, 03:09 PM
(30-09-2014 01:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(30-09-2014 01:51 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Really?

Mormonism is Christianity on an LSD trip.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post