Imagine no religion [gone baaaad]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2011, 04:58 AM
Imagine no religion [gone baaaad]
Over the next 50 years so many atrocities of religion are uncovered that atheism becomes fashionable right across the world. In some countries religion has just packed up its bags and gone with all its buildings turned into something useful like museums, housing etc. In some countries the backlash has been spiteful and brutal - former religious leaders of even the local level have been sent off to reeducation camps involving hard labour.

In your country the government has tried to follow a course of justice prosecuting those where it can find the evidence and selling off old religious buildings after due process to compensate victims. However the popular media have whipped up the backlash into an insane hysteria. The courts are unable to cope with the volume of cases, many convictions are thought to be unsafe by experienced lawyers and many former religious people are in any case falling victim to "atheist" lynch mobs. You know for a fact that these so-called "atheist militia" are really just fronts for criminal organizations who have just seized the latest fad as a way to gain property cheaply.

But what can you do? You are an old person living in a big house after all your family have died or moved away. In your day being angry about religion meant posting an vivid but thought provoking diatribe on the Thinking Atheist forum - not beating up Mormons.

As your wave your walking stick at the 3D television in frustration at how it all went wrong, you hear someone knocking on the back door. It turns out to be a former religious leader with his family on the run. (Take your pick of Rabbi, Imam, Televangelist, Catholic priest or whatever. In the last case it would be his house maid and her children.) He is really sorry about the whole stuff and wishes to turn over a new leaf, but in these times of hysteria you can't do it legally. He just needs somewhere safe to hide for a few days so he can arrange false identity papers. After that he wants to start a new life as a used car salesman.

What do you do?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
RE: Imagine no religion [gone baaaad]
I would hide them. No matter what I think of religion I'd rather save a life than help end one.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
06-11-2011, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 04:42 PM by houseofcantor.)
That's already old. Tongue

In 25 years, AI and psychology will decode the Bible and make "religion" illegal.

(And as for you, angry liberal - ya got half my posts and a quarter of my rep - and I can't even PM you to rag? What's that all about? Big Grin Though you do got twice my "likes," that's something. Wink)
(06-11-2011 04:58 AM)angry_liberal Wrote:  What do you do?

Can't really speculate about your 50 when I have a degree of certainty about my 25. One thing I do alla time in reality and elsewhere is talk about "killing creationists." Ain't killed any - but I'm not apologizing for thinking like a killer. If it ends up being a matter of legality, that's a job for the cops.

How many confessions have you heard about smoking weed? Law ain't always going to be "morally correct," such correctness is up to the individual. Since this world is "diametrically opposed" to my 25-year simulation, to say I would take pity on a religious person - is to lie.

Think of it this way: you gonna open your door to a known Islamic terrorist? I know that Islam allows for terrorism; I ain't gonna be one, that's unAmerican.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
(06-11-2011 04:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  and I can't even PM you to rag? ........
Can't really speculate about your 50 when I have a degree of certainty about my 25. One thing I do alla time in reality and elsewhere is talk about "killing creationists."

Everything in this post confirms I was right to place you on my ignore list. I had always wondered what the ignore list was for and now I know.
[+] 1 user Likes angry_liberal's post
06-11-2011, 04:51 PM
(06-11-2011 04:49 PM)angry_liberal Wrote:  
(06-11-2011 04:22 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  and I can't even PM you to rag? ........
Can't really speculate about your 50 when I have a degree of certainty about my 25. One thing I do alla time in reality and elsewhere is talk about "killing creationists."

Everything in this post confirms I was right to place you on my ignore list. I had always wondered what the ignore list was for and now I know.

Oh, that's what it was. I was wondering why I could not PM you. You made a value call and decided you do not like me. Thanks for clearing that up. Wink

Nobody has to like me, and I cannot contend that you are wrong in your assessment. Be well.

06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Hide them- so long as they've had the best of intentions (I.E. not been intentionally fleecing people for their money in the name of religion- taking advantage of old folks living on retirement and social security) and have not killed people in the name of religion (such as HoC's terrorist scenario). Of course, assuming the desperation of the situation, unless you somehow knew them, you'd have to take their word for it.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
06-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd probably murder his family or turn them in. Mmmm Ethnic cleansing.
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
(06-11-2011 06:51 PM)kineo Wrote:  Hide them- so long as they've had the best of intentions (I.E. not been intentionally fleecing people for their money in the name of religion- taking advantage of old folks living on retirement and social security) and have not killed people in the name of religion (such as HoC's terrorist scenario). Of course, assuming the desperation of the situation, unless you somehow knew them, you'd have to take their word for it.
That makes you a nice guy.

I ain't a nice guy. Cool

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
(06-11-2011 08:14 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That makes you a nice guy.

I ain't a nice guy. Cool

Me either bro.
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist#6667's post
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I seek justice and to kill innoccents is something that I will not tolerate. I will protect those that have done nothing. If the former leader hs done something to earn my wrath I will kill him but not his family as they are innocents. If the goverment has issues with my decision.. I'll kill them too. 50 years from now I'll be a force to reckon with so I'm not overly concerned aobut the goverment and their petty tantrums. My hatred of religion stems form the injustices done by it. If religion behaves itself then I have no qualms with it. Killing people solely based on their beliefs and not their actions will get you killed...by me. It's that simple.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!