Img in sigs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Img in sigs
Been gone for a while. When did we turn of images in sigs?

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2011, 08:59 PM
RE: Img in sigs
Yes, I did disable pictures in the signatures. The main objective was to limit the size of the pictures but failing that I just disabled it altogether.

We can put up a poll for people to vote on. My main concern is limiting picture size in the signature. Otherwise it's cool if you don't add 300+ vertical pixels to every post. Especially these days when more people have wide-screen which means reduced height. I want more content and less fluff.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
18-08-2011, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2011 09:26 PM by The Doctor.)
(18-08-2011 08:59 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Yes, I did disable pictures in the signatures. The main objective was to limit the size of the pictures but failing that I just disabled it altogether.

We can put up a poll for people to vote on. My main concern is limiting picture size in the signature. Otherwise it's cool if you don't add 300+ vertical pixels to ever post. Especially these days when more people have wide-screen which means reduced height. I want more content and less fluff.

I would recommend 100x400 for image and one line of text.

That is the rule we use and it looks great:
http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/index.php

This is what it looks like at POFO:
Quote:
[Image: 28849263.jpg]
“Nothing could be more dangerous to the existence of this Republic than to introduce religion into politics”

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
18-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Please don't allow them. They are pointless. They take up space, people abuse them. They have a spot to link their image rather than forcing an eyesore.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
18-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I couldn't care less one way or another but I agree that some of the ones on here were too freakin big. I even got rid of mine in favor of quotes cause it seemed too big.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
19-08-2011, 01:19 AM
There were some extra large images, that Dr. House MD, whoever had it, was way to big to put in every post. There are two solutions to this problem, you set up a rule and warn people who have too big pictures to make them smaller, or you remove the pictures completely. This second rule is much more simple, because nobody needs to go around warning people all the time...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Also we do have the report feature to report users who break our signature image rules.

21-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I've seen the "so big it's annoying" sig pics a grand total of twice. Perhaps we are being too picky here?

Tell you what, for the next while, if you see a pic in someones signature that you think is so big it detracts from the forum, report it as an oversize sig, and I'll take care of it. I think just saying to someone directly, "hey, your pic is really big. Could you please remove it or find a smaller one please" is easy, respectful, and keeps the rules to a minimum.

If this becomes a bigger issue in the future, we can look at making a rule about it, but for now we will leave it to peoples discretion, and I will talk to someone if they get carried away. You don't have to be afraid to either message me, or use the report feature if you want to address something. The worst that can happen is we decide it's not a big enough issue to make a stink over. No skin off anyones ass, right?

Just visiting.

-SR
21-08-2011, 04:08 PM
(21-08-2011 10:20 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've seen the "so big it's annoying" sig pics a grand total of twice. Perhaps we are being too picky here?

Tell you what, for the next while, if you see a pic in someones signature that you think is so big it detracts from the forum, report it as an oversize sig, and I'll take care of it. I think just saying to someone directly, "hey, your pic is really big. Could you please remove it or find a smaller one please" is easy, respectful, and keeps the rules to a minimum.

If this becomes a bigger issue in the future, we can look at making a rule about it, but for now we will leave it to peoples discretion, and I will talk to someone if they get carried away. You don't have to be afraid to either message me, or use the report feature if you want to address something. The worst that can happen is we decide it's not a big enough issue to make a stink over. No skin off anyones ass, right?

I agree.