Immoral Father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Immoral Father
A very wealthy man knocks up a young lady who has a history of substance abuse problems.
A child is born and the man promises to pay several thousand dollars a month and follows through. The mother uses a lot of that money for drugs but she buys a little bit of food and some clothes for the child, just enough to keep people from talking. But she is emotionally and sometimes physically abusive to the child. She goes through a series of drug addicted boyfriends, all of whom are abusive to one degree or another to the child.
The child doesn't know anything about his father except his name. He has never met him nor heard his voice except on the rare occasion when he can just barely hear it as his mother talks to him on the phone. He begs his mother to speak to his father on the phone but when she hands him the receiver, there is no voice talking back. He asks why and is told he needs to listen harder.
The child is suffering and his father knows what is happening yet fails to intervene. He just keeps sending checks that he knows the mother will use to buy drugs.
Shortly after the child turns 16, his mother dies of a drug overdose. The father is contacted by social services and agrees to accept the child in his big mansion.
By this time, the child has developed severe anger issues. He is angry at his father for not stepping in sooner, for not being there as a father should be, for not even allowing the child to hear his voice, and so the child says "I have no father."
The father says"If you can't accept me and all that I have done for you as your father, then you can't live in my mansion. I provided for you yet you are ungrateful." The child is then sent out into the cold where he lives on the street for several months before dying a lonely and miserable death. His father heard about the death of the child but did not care at all.

The father in this story is an immoral asshole, but he's exact model of the Christian god that we are expected to worship and adore.
He provides no tangible evidence of his existence until it is too late. He fails to intervene when his children are suffering, even though he is fully aware. And when the time comes for us to go to his mansion, if we refuse to acknowledge his existence, he sends us out to die.
This is where we get our morality?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Grimol's post
04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: Immoral Father
First... welcome to TTA.

Second ... help me out with this bit, please:

(04-10-2015 07:24 AM)Grimol Wrote:  ...
He just keeps sending checks that he knows the mother will use to buy drugs.

I'm guessing these are kinda prayer-like cheques / checks? Cos if Our Heavenly Father ™ (pbuh) is sending real ones, I wanna know how to get them.

Cheers.

Undecided

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Hey, at least the asshole in the story kept his word about sending money, that's more than you can say about the biblical god who according to his own propaganda keeps breaking the damn covenants he himself made.

[Image: 004.sig]
[+] 4 users Like Aoi Magi's post
04-10-2015, 07:51 AM
yep, pretty much it
04-10-2015, 07:59 AM
(04-10-2015 07:24 AM)Grimol Wrote:  A very wealthy man knocks up a young lady who has a history of substance abuse problems.
A child is born and the man promises to pay several thousand dollars a month and follows through. The mother uses a lot of that money for drugs but she buys a little bit of food and some clothes for the child, just enough to keep people from talking. But she is emotionally and sometimes physically abusive to the child. She goes through a series of drug addicted boyfriends, all of whom are abusive to one degree or another to the child.
The child doesn't know anything about his father except his name. He has never met him nor heard his voice except on the rare occasion when he can just barely hear it as his mother talks to him on the phone. He begs his mother to speak to his father on the phone but when she hands him the receiver, there is no voice talking back. He asks why and is told he needs to listen harder.
The child is suffering and his father knows what is happening yet fails to intervene. He just keeps sending checks that he knows the mother will use to buy drugs.
Shortly after the child turns 16, his mother dies of a drug overdose. The father is contacted by social services and agrees to accept the child in his big mansion.
By this time, the child has developed severe anger issues. He is angry at his father for not stepping in sooner, for not being there as a father should be, for not even allowing the child to hear his voice, and so the child says "I have no father."
The father says"If you can't accept me and all that I have done for you as your father, then you can't live in my mansion. I provided for you yet you are ungrateful." The child is then sent out into the cold where he lives on the street for several months before dying a lonely and miserable death. His father heard about the death of the child but did not care at all.

The father in this story is an immoral asshole, but he's exact model of the Christian god that we are expected to worship and adore.
He provides no tangible evidence of his existence until it is too late. He fails to intervene when his children are suffering, even though he is fully aware. And when the time comes for us to go to his mansion, if we refuse to acknowledge his existence, he sends us out to die.
This is where we get our morality?

Wouldn't that be the exact model of any sort of God of this world of ours, let alone the Christian one? Particularly any sort with capacities to stop such suffering from occurring at all? For such a God and his creation of a world, all we can ever have reserved for him is resentment, the only means not to, seems to be to believe in his non-existence.

Why desire any tangible evidence for his existence, when it would only lead you to hate him any way right?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-10-2015, 08:01 AM
(04-10-2015 07:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  ...
seems to be to believe in his non-existence.

... or not believe in his existence.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
04-10-2015, 08:06 AM
(04-10-2015 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 07:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  ...
seems to be to believe in his non-existence.

... or not believe in his existence.

Drinking Beverage

And if he did show some indisputable sign of his existence, you would only find yourself in a situation worse than what you're in now, from indifference to hatred and resentment for such a being.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
04-10-2015, 08:14 AM
(04-10-2015 08:06 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 08:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... or not believe in his existence.

Drinking Beverage

And if he did show some indisputable sign of his existence, you would only find yourself in a situation worse than what you're in now, from indifference to hatred and resentment for such a being.

If.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Yeah, the thing about regularly sending money was to address people who say god gives us so much like oxygen and trees. Also to address the notion that we are supposed to be grateful and the only reason this guy sends us out of the mansion is we refuse to recognize all that he's done for us.
Thanks for the welcome.
04-10-2015, 08:50 AM
(04-10-2015 08:23 AM)Grimol Wrote:  Yeah, the thing about regularly sending money was to address people who say god gives us so much like oxygen and trees.

Ah! So the oxygen and trees are the drugs? Or can be used to buy drugs? Meaning that they keep us sedated / high.

OK. I confess that I'm addicted to oxygen. Trees not so much.

But then, trees produce oxygen. So if oxygen is the drug, then the trees must be Big Pharma™ ... bastard trees!

Angry

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post