Immoral Father

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Immoral Father
(13-10-2015 04:43 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-10-2015 08:23 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Despite what different people believe about how to attain perfection--I believe it comes via reliance on Jesus Christ rather than by what is called "eternal progression"--most people believe God is at work and is able to help them through their troubles--even most people who are self-reliant and deny God's help acknowledge God awaits their call for help.

So... To you, a perfect person by definition would be reliant on another, albeit magical, person?

Jesus didn't do anything wrong to deserve death, and by torture. Jesus came to do what we cannot do for ourselves. I'm a Christian for years and many others on this forum aren't Christians, yet all of us strive to be decent people and to better ourselves--all without achieving perfection. This is the doctrine of Christianity, Jesus died as my substitute, His perfection helping me go to Heaven.

Honestly, I'd muss Heaven up now if I went. The first time you or I hurt one another's feelings or insulted one another or had an unpleasant argument it would cease to be a perfect utopia. I'm still not ready for Heaven, but having trusted Jesus for salvation, when the time comes, He will impart His perfection to me--I'll be ready!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply