Immortal Souls / Immortality Debunked

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2012, 12:58 PM
RE: Immortal Souls / Immortality Debunked
(08-10-2012 12:54 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 12:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  No need to keep the mouth closed, Marco. Thumbsup

As has been mentioned, atheists have been quiet for too long.

You're probably right, but what the use of an open mouth, if nobody understands whats comes out of it.
I am afraid, thats happend to my, from time to time, if i try to speak/write in english language.
The reaction to some of my post's are not quite what i expected.
Don't get me wrong, sometimes i read what i wrote, and i laugh at myself

Keep writing, it'll all get set straight if somebody doesn't understand one of your posts. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
08-10-2012, 02:44 PM
(08-10-2012 12:39 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I've seen QualiaSoup's video... I'm subscribed. His videos are some of the most rational found on the internet, and this is no exception. I don't think I've ever disagreed with him on a single point, and he expresses his views much better than I ever could.

I think the point of what I'm saying is, "great citation".
Exacty! Qualia's making such a good arguments that I'd be ashamed of being a dualist if I didn't have such compelling experiences and interesting theories to back them up. How can all the other dualists out there still be dualists, I don't know.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
08-10-2012, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 03:38 PM by Atothetheist.)
(08-10-2012 02:44 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 12:39 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I've seen QualiaSoup's video... I'm subscribed. His videos are some of the most rational found on the internet, and this is no exception. I don't think I've ever disagreed with him on a single point, and he expresses his views much better than I ever could.

I think the point of what I'm saying is, "great citation".
Exacty! Qualia's making such a good arguments that I'd be ashamed of being a dualist if I didn't have such compelling experiences and interesting theories to back them up. How can all the other dualists out there still be dualists, I don't know.

I don't know how "interesting theories" count as evidence of dualism... I was assuming you meant "interesting ideas that have no yet been known to be true."

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-10-2012, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2012 07:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Debunking "Souls"
(06-10-2012 04:40 AM)Egor Wrote:  Whatever moves the paramecium around and enables it to remember does not die when one adds a drop of iodine to the water drop its swimming in. It can't, because there was never a mechanism present to allow for its willful actions and learning ability to begin with.

Yes it does end, (die) and they got the Nobel Prize in Chemistry yesterday for explaining how a cell interacts with it's environment. It's entirely 100 % molecular, and involves no woo-woo whatsoever.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/10/1...try-prize/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post