Impeachment Countdown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: Impeachment Countdown
Shouldn't this be a countup, not a countdown?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2017, 08:50 PM
(15-01-2017 05:32 PM)cactus Wrote:  Shouldn't this be a countup, not a countdown?

More of a count to the side with a 12° inclination.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Every one is certain of one of two outcomes: "It ain't gonna happen, Congress gonna let Trump do what he wants so long as he lets them continue sucking corporate dick," or "they gonna do it as soon as it becomes convenient so they can look like heroes for defeating a tyrant and while they prop up that Christtard Pence who will let them keep sucking corporate dick." Any chance there's a gray area in there somewhere in which the proles can throw their weight around to influence the outcome? The man's 37%-and-dropping approval rating ain't nothing.

“Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will
call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
15-01-2017, 11:37 PM
I don't think anyone knows what the hell's going to happen. We're all trying our best to come up with some sort of future scenario based on trump's past behaviour but I don't think anyone can know. That's what's so scary. It's Bizarro World folks. Up is down and east is west.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
16-01-2017, 12:31 AM
Impeachment Countdown
After Benghazi-gate and email gate I've come to see these investigations for the Circuses they are. If Tump gets removed, it'll be because he's political poison, not because some legal precedent lead to a conviction, no matter how much HuffPo likes to dangle that over our heads.

Looking at that approval rating cheers me up somewhat. I hope it keeps getting lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-01-2017, 12:38 AM
(15-01-2017 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Clinton was impeached over 1 blowjob.

Close... his attempted impeachment was initiated by charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Nothing to do with the BJ itself—which wouldn't have resulted in a successful impeachment anyway.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-01-2017, 12:49 AM
(16-01-2017 12:31 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  After Benghazi-gate and email gate I've come to see these investigations for the Circuses they are. If Tump gets removed, it'll be because he's political poison, not because some legal precedent lead to a conviction, no matter how much HuffPo likes to dangle that over our heads.

Looking at that approval rating cheers me up somewhat. I hope it keeps getting lower.

That's the difference between seeing smoke, and wanting there to be a fire. They were circuses because the Republicans kept insisting there was a fire, even if investigation after investigation never found any smoke. But now the boys have cried wolf one too many times, and nobody wants to take the wolf seriously when he shows up. Time will tell if they can keep their wolf on a leash, but I doubt it; he has the mannerisms of a spoiled and petulant 10 year old.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-01-2017, 12:56 AM
(16-01-2017 12:38 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 09:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Clinton was impeached over 1 blowjob.

Close... his attempted impeachment was initiated by charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Nothing to do with the BJ itself—which wouldn't have resulted in a successful impeachment anyway.

Indeed. Adultery is not an impeachable offense. Never mind that the 3 ring circus attempting to impeach him was lead by Newt Gingrich, who was having an affair with one of his staffers during the impeachment process. His replacement, Bob Livingston, also resigned after admitting to a series of extramarital affairs, at least 4 over 10 years. His follow up, Dennis Hastert, has since been arrest, convicted, and sentenced to 15 months for paying to cover up his own sexual abuse of a male student while he was a teacher; the judge repeated referred to him as a "serial child molester".

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-01-2017, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 01:10 AM by Kaneda.)
Impeachment Countdown
Makes you wonder if being completely immune from any conviction is just a foregone conclusion for politicians at that level. For all we know proceedings are just ceremonial gestures, kind of like looking to find out if a Groundhog saw its shadow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16-01-2017, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 05:51 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(16-01-2017 01:01 AM)Kaneda Wrote:  Makes me wonder if be completely immune from a conviction is just a foregone conclusion for politicians at that level, and all proceedings are a just a ceremonial gesture, kind of like waiting to see if Groundhog sees its shadow.

History says no, but then again, I'm pretty sure this is the most partisan we've ever been. The establishment Republicans have had no issue courting ignorance, stirring hatred, and baldfaced lying at every turn. Would I put it past them to sit on their hands, so long as Trump remains a useful tool? Certainly not. The question is, how long can that petulant dipshit play ball? At what point does he become a convenient patsy, someone to tie a scandal around their neck and toss to the dogs to save their own asses?