Impending Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: Impending Death
HugHug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Hug

I lost my grandmother last year. I'm still grieving, but at 91years she had a good run.

This bit of classic Sesame Street helped me a lot.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-02-2016, 12:14 PM
(10-02-2016 06:00 PM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  Any advice for deal with death for the first time, particularly without god? I've only been an atheist for about a year now, so I haven't really thought about this aspect of humanity yet: how to deal with someone in your life dying. Confused
I don't think you need to worry.

Grief will come naturally to you. You will be sad, you will miss your grandma, you might even feel some denial.

Try to remember her, remember the good times.

The funeral will be a tear jerker and you will learn a lot about your grandmother that you didn't already know, I'm sure there will be some incredible stuff to admire about her that you wish you had known earlier.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
14-02-2016, 06:30 AM
both of my grandpas, my grandmother, and great grandmother have died so far in my life. i just accepted it and moved on, cherishing the memories and remembering them from time to time. strangely enough the only death that caused me to cry was when my dog was put to sleep. i got the news while i was at work and when i got home i cried for about ten minutes. ive never been a very emotional person. always taught myself to just accept things and move on. i figure the reason i cried then was because i saw my dog on a constant basis for ten years and she would no longer be there. every time i came home i was reminded of her and it took a month or so for me to get over the sadness.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
17-02-2016, 06:15 PM
My grandmother passed this morning around 2am in the hospital. I ended up sending her flowers in her favorite color before you she died and apparently it really made her happy to see them--and to have gotten them from me. I'm very fluctuant in my emotions right now, both very sad and bittersweet feelings. I'm happy I got to make her smile one more time though.
[+] 8 users Like rosieisaposie's post
17-02-2016, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2016 06:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-02-2016 06:15 PM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  I'm happy I got to make her smile one more time though.

I'm happy you did to.
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
17-02-2016, 08:49 PM
The period at the end of the sentence helps to give it meaning. Death is no different. How we accommodate it is certainly individual. Myself, when I read, I focus on the sentence and not the period at the end of it; it only tells me where the sentence stops.

It's okay to mourn death, but never forget to celebrate the life.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
17-02-2016, 11:31 PM
Sorry for your loss. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-02-2016, 12:47 AM
(17-02-2016 06:15 PM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  My grandmother passed this morning around 2am in the hospital. I ended up sending her flowers in her favorite color before you she died and apparently it really made her happy to see them--and to have gotten them from me. I'm very fluctuant in my emotions right now, both very sad and bittersweet feelings. I'm happy I got to make her smile one more time though.

I'm sorry for your loss. Death is always hardest for those left behind.

*BIG HUG*
18-02-2016, 03:14 AM
(17-02-2016 06:15 PM)rosieisaposie Wrote:  My grandmother passed this morning around 2am in the hospital. I ended up sending her flowers in her favorite color before you she died and apparently it really made her happy to see them--and to have gotten them from me. I'm very fluctuant in my emotions right now, both very sad and bittersweet feelings. I'm happy I got to make her smile one more time though.

My condolences.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]