Imperials Vs. Stormcloaks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Imperials Vs. Stormcloaks
Who did you side with and why?

I always play an Argonian (my avatar is an Argonian) and I always join the Stormcloaks. I hate the Aldmeri Dominion and want them gone, and not is some hypothetical future war with a rebuilt Empire, but I want to see them driven from Skyrim while I play the game. Second, from an RP perspective, wouldn't Ulfric start to appreciate the Argonians more if one of his top generals was one?

Anyway what's your take on this?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Imperials Vs. Stormcloaks
Ulfric is shortsighted and power hungry his actions will lead to the dissolution of the Empire and conquest by the Altimari Dominion. Siding with the Empire is the only logical course of action as Ulfric is race baiting to gain power but has no plans beyond that. With the removal of Titus Mede II one can hope that a fresh, more tactically minded Emperor will reunite with the RedGuards use the Nord heavy infantry and push pack the Dominion. The Empire either hangs together or they will all hang separately.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
29-08-2014, 09:56 PM
(29-08-2014 09:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ulfric is shortsighted and power hungry his actions will lead to the dissolution of the Empire and conquest by the Altimari Dominion. Siding with the Empire is the only logical course of action as Ulfric is race baiting to gain power but has no plans beyond that. With the removal of Titus Mede II one can hope that a fresh, more tactically minded Emperor will reunite with the RedGuards use the Nord heavy infantry and push pack the Dominion. The Empire either hangs together or they will all hang separately.

The redguard pushed the Dominion back all on their own, why couldn't the Nords? Also, according to this, the Thalmor have a rebellion of their own to deal with, and the Khajiit are powerful assassins and warriors, so the Dominion seems to be in a very poor position should the Stormcloaks attach them.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

29-08-2014, 10:00 PM
(29-08-2014 09:56 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ulfric is shortsighted and power hungry his actions will lead to the dissolution of the Empire and conquest by the Altimari Dominion. Siding with the Empire is the only logical course of action as Ulfric is race baiting to gain power but has no plans beyond that. With the removal of Titus Mede II one can hope that a fresh, more tactically minded Emperor will reunite with the RedGuards use the Nord heavy infantry and push pack the Dominion. The Empire either hangs together or they will all hang separately.

The redguard pushed the Dominion back all on their own, why couldn't the Nords? Also, according to this, the Thalmor have a rebellion of their own to deal with, and the Khajiit are powerful assassins and warriors, so the Dominion seems to be in a very poor position should the Stormcloaks attach them.

How would the stormcloaks attack the Dominion? They would have to go through Cyrodiil and lets face it this war would not be over even with the defeat of Tullius. The Empire would send in more legions to reconquer the province and would further weaken both parties in the process. The alternative (losing the original Imperial province) would be a death knell for Humans.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
29-08-2014, 10:04 PM
(29-08-2014 09:41 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Who did you side with and why?

I always play an Argonian (my avatar is an Argonian) and I always join the Stormcloaks. I hate the Aldmeri Dominion and want them gone, and not is some hypothetical future war with a rebuilt Empire, but I want to see them driven from Skyrim while I play the game. Second, from an RP perspective, wouldn't Ulfric start to appreciate the Argonians more if one of his top generals was one?

The Stormcloaks appear to be jingoist, nativist, racist hacks. Ulfric is himself, for all intents and purposes, a terrorist and a murderer guilty of high treason. If the Stormcloaks hadn't made a big fuss over Talos worship, the Empire would have been able to turn a blind eye to it; instead they have to crack down to meet their treaty obligations because now they're being pressed by the Aldmeri, because even they have notice just how brazen the Stormcloak's defiance of the treaty is. The Stormcloaks would rather weaken the Empire for their own gains, and if successful, would leave two much smaller and antagonistic factions that could easily be swallowed up by the Aldemeri.

Skyrim hadn't been independent since before the Empire, when each race effectively had their own nation. Those times are long gone, and a independent Skyrim would not last along against the united force of the Admeri Dominion.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-08-2014, 10:05 PM
(29-08-2014 10:00 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:56 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  The redguard pushed the Dominion back all on their own, why couldn't the Nords? Also, according to this, the Thalmor have a rebellion of their own to deal with, and the Khajiit are powerful assassins and warriors, so the Dominion seems to be in a very poor position should the Stormcloaks attach them.

How would the stormcloaks attack the Dominion? They would have to go through Cyrodiil and lets face it this war would not be over even with the defeat of Tullius. The Empire would send in more legions to reconquer the province and would further weaken both parties in the process. The alternative (losing the original Imperial province) would be a death knell for Humans.

Well Ulfric's second in command mentions that after the Empire is defeated they will take the war to the Thalmor. The Empire isn't stupid, and it is made pretty clear that the players actions lead to a definite end to the war.

The Nords could easily sail to the Summerset Isles from Hammerfell, and I doubt the Redguards would stop them from passing through to attack their enemies.

29-08-2014, 10:12 PM
(29-08-2014 10:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 09:41 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Who did you side with and why?

The Stormcloaks appear to be jingoist, nativist, racist hacks. Ulfric is himself, for all intents and purposes, a terrorist and a murderer guilty of high treason. If the Stormcloaks hadn't made a big fuss over Talos worship, the Empire would have been able to turn a blind eye to it; instead they have to crack down to meet their treaty obligations because now they're being pressed by the Aldmeri, because even they have notice just how brazen the Stormcloak's defiance of the treaty is. The Stormcloaks would rather weaken the Empire for their own gains, and if successful, would leave two much smaller and antagonistic factions that could easily be swallowed up by the Aldemeri.

Skyrim hadn't been independent since before the Empire, when each race effectively had their own nation. Those times are long gone, and a independent Skyrim would not last along against the united force of the Admeri Dominion.

Ulfric challenged the boy-king in the traditional Nord way. And the time of racial independence is returning. The Empire is only Cyrodiil, High Rock and Skyrim. My race now dominates the East.

What race are you anyway? Breton?

29-08-2014, 10:28 PM
(29-08-2014 10:12 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 10:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The Stormcloaks appear to be jingoist, nativist, racist hacks. Ulfric is himself, for all intents and purposes, a terrorist and a murderer guilty of high treason. If the Stormcloaks hadn't made a big fuss over Talos worship, the Empire would have been able to turn a blind eye to it; instead they have to crack down to meet their treaty obligations because now they're being pressed by the Aldmeri, because even they have notice just how brazen the Stormcloak's defiance of the treaty is. The Stormcloaks would rather weaken the Empire for their own gains, and if successful, would leave two much smaller and antagonistic factions that could easily be swallowed up by the Aldemeri.

Ulfric challenged the boy-king in the traditional Nord way. And the time of racial independence is returning. The Empire is only Cyrodiil, High Rock and Skyrim. My race now dominates the East.

What race are you anyway? Breton?

1 -The Thuum is cheating in a duel.

2 - I play a Nord.

3 - Ulfric is still a race-baiting selfish hack.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-08-2014, 11:12 PM
The empire betrayed the trust of skyrim when the emperor signed the white gold concordat. The sons and daughters of skyrim came to the aid of the empire during its time of need; how many nords died fighting the dominion in the great war? And for what? To bend a knee to the dominion and denounce Tiber Septim as a God?

Ulfric Stormcloak rescued the Reach and united the peoples of skyrim. He restored the worship of Talos and he will drive out the empire and the dominion.

Torygg was an imperial puppet. Ulfric challenged him in single combat and slew him; such is the nord way. What does the empire know of skyrim kings? For two long they have taken our silver and sent our sons and daughters to their wars. Half the skyrim jarls are milk drinkers with more love for imperial gold than their own people.

It was Tiber Septim, a nord king with dragon blood in his veins, who would forge the great empire of man and ascend to a god. That blood line is long gone and the empire is too weak to defend itself, none the less the other provinces. Skyrim should make its own way now. Skyrim is for the nords. The empire can look after itself, and the elves and the best folks can return to their own kind.
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
29-08-2014, 11:27 PM
This game is so old, and I've never gamed even one hour of it Sadcryface

You are all saying my character, who will someday be the Archmage of Ultimate Power, can't take over for himself? Weeping

Quick question!! If I get this for my PC, is there a Mod out there that would allow me to choose a 3rd option? A mod that actually messes with the main campaign quest line?