Importance of The Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
10-05-2014, 06:59 AM
RE: Importance of The Bible?
(09-05-2014 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 02:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I recommend banning his sorry, spamming ass. Drinking Beverage
You're such a partypooping grumpy old man, always looking to take away our playtoys and shit. Don't make me call you ZataChas. Big Grin

Pshaw - that's just the alcohol talking. Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-05-2014, 07:02 AM
(10-05-2014 06:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 09:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Well, y'know the old saying... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

[Image: 066-Frequency-of-Miracles.png]

The extraordinary evidence is sitting on the bookshelves and coffee tables of the majority of the dwelling places in America. It is found in the most read, most widely translated, best selling, most cherished, most loved, most hated, most published compilation of literature in human history.

The extraordinary evidence is seen in the lives of the millions whose Christ like lives are a perpetual testimony...

You are unwilling to see it. And so deny it.

None of that is evidence of the existence of any gods. Do you know what evidence is?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-05-2014, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 06:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-05-2014 04:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 04:27 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  In their experience with this god. The God who has apparently answered their prayers, spoke to them and revealed himself to them.

Would you continue to believe in the experiences you have with a person you have a relationship with and love who loves you if you found out that their biography had some errors in it?

There is nothing "biographical" in the Bible.
Archaeology has already proven most of the OT to be entirely mythical.
Scholars know the gospels are not "biographical".
So thanks for proving you are totally ignorant of what believers call "scripture".
The meme in your brain you reference when you think about what you call "god" is nowhere except in your brain.
You have never, and never will see a god.
Thus your analogy is 100% inappropriate, and false.

Jebus is Lard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-05-2014, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 08:36 AM by Leo.)
(10-05-2014 06:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 03:34 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  If that were true, then you could trot it out for the world to see, and end the 2000-year-old debate right now.

But You won't.

Because you are a fucking liar and you are fucking lying. Fuck you and fuck your gods.

Jesus has already given sufficient evidence of His deity to enable them that desire to acknknowledge it justified in doing so.

You will serve to prove my point. For you, its not about evidence at all.

Jesus could care less about you or anyone else simply acknowledging His existence. Jesus came on the scene making claims like: "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father."

He is far more concerned about saving you from your sins but He came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. But in your own eyes, you are not a sinner in need of a Saviour. So you and those like you would in no way benefit from Jesus trotting out and appearing on CNN.
Do you know what the word EVIDENCE means?Thumbsup

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
10-05-2014, 01:44 PM
(10-05-2014 06:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  He came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. But in your own eyes, you are not a sinner in need of a Saviour.

Or maybe we are the righteous in need of no savior and you are the sinners. Would explain why the little bitch ain't bothered to call us.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-05-2014, 01:47 PM
(09-05-2014 05:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 02:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have both met and seen Him.

Was He a comely black girl sitting on your one massive thigh in your TransAm?

Damn, I love you Girly! Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-05-2014, 06:46 PM
(10-05-2014 06:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The bible is the basis of belief. Most discussions about Christianity are ultimately based on its legitimacy. Ever since it was first compiled it’s been the most important and influential book in the western world. It colors peoples’ attitudes to non-Christians, war, women, sexuality, law, science, and learning.

Debunk the bible and priests and preachers have nothing to hang their bullshit on. And there's no doubt the bible can be debunked.

If you call debunking quote mining and misinterpretation then sure it can be debunked. So can a math textbook or any other book if one so desires.

Please describe one way in which you think your Bible could be debunked.

Or have you simply decided that it is infallible?
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
11-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Of course not.

Religion is a mental illness. Until we come up with some sort of medicine or therapy that can help these poor sods, there is no possible way for any single one of them to listen to reason, logic or even ridicule.

They are at this moment trying to get "Christianity" forced fed to the government by having their "Christian Champions" that make up 5 of the supreme court to rule that once and for all and until the end of time. Christianity is not a religion, instead it is a philosophy. There-for Christian Prayer is meditation and will be forced back into schools and prayers will be forced into the government which if you did not know.

Separation of Church and state is one of the number one reasons we founded this country! Christians win and we lose forever....And no one seems to notice but a few handfuls of us. They have been slowly robbing us of our free speech and our right to bare arms and right to expression. Religion is next on their agenda and their plan has already been delivered. In 50 years, it will be in full swing and no one will be able to stop it.
11-05-2014, 07:53 PM
(08-05-2014 04:19 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  As we know, some people are so deeply invested in this god stuff that nothing will get through to them.

Let's assume that tomorrow something is discovered that proves the bible was a book full of myth.. The proof is so strong that even theists accept the bible is fake.

Considering all those personal experiences they've had, the evidence they see around them and have personal prayers answered by this god... Would the theists still continue to believe if the bible was thrown out?

Would disproving the bible make a blind bit of difference?

Much has been brought forth to prove that the Bible is nonsense. For one thing, Genesis conflicting with the theory of evolution. Oh, wait...what some theists have done in that case, is water down the Bible, because they're basically in a check mate situation if they don't...by saying...'well, Genesis is really just an allegory and not to be taken literally.'

Yet fundamenalists take it as literal.

Here's a news flash. EVERY CHRISTIAN took it as literal truth until Charles Darwin came on the scene, and the Christian Church was like...oh fuck! Now what? Hey, let's tell everyone it's 'ok' to look at Genesis now as...a metaphor, not really as literal truth. Thumbsup Yea, that sounds good.

Christianity has been debunked, but you can lead a horse to water, but can't make it think. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
11-05-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 08:44 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(10-05-2014 06:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 03:34 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  If that were true, then you could trot it out for the world to see, and end the 2000-year-old debate right now.

But You won't.

Because you are a fucking liar and you are fucking lying. Fuck you and fuck your gods.

Jesus has already given sufficient evidence

You can't even show that such a person ever existed. Your faily-tale book isn't evidence, moron. AND even if such a person had existed, that person didn't give ANY evidence of his existence AT ALL. No writings, no nothing. You are deluded as fuck.

Quote: of His deity to enable them that desire to acknknowledge it justified in doing so.

*acknowledge

Tenth-hand stories in a faily-tale book aren't evidence, imbecile.

Quote:You will serve to prove my point. For you, its not about evidence at all.

FUCK you. It's ALL about evidence. You don't speak for me, asshole, and you sure as fuck don't strawman me. You haven't got the slightest bit of evidence that such a person existed. No one does.

Quote:Jesus could care less about you or anyone else simply acknowledging His existence.

*couldn't care less

Really, dipshit? Did he tell you this in person? Because if he did, you can send him to me to tell me, too. You are a fucking liar.

Quote: Jesus came on the scene making claims like: "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father."

Word. Salad.

Quote:He is far more concerned about saving you from your sins but He came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Fuck you and your brainwashed drivel.

Quote:But in your own eyes, you are not a sinner in need of a Saviour.

You don't speak for me, moron. I don't believe a bit of that horseshit. I don't believe in your "sin" shit.

Quote: So you and those like you would in no way benefit from Jesus trotting out and appearing on CNN.
You don't speak for me, asshole, and I was the one who said you should trot your imaginary friend out on CNN as "proof" of your claim. OBVIOUSLY, shithead, I would consider such a thing as convincing proof. But you won't do it because you are lying out your fucking ass.

(10-05-2014 06:07 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The bible is the basis of belief. Most discussions about Christianity are ultimately based on its legitimacy. Ever since it was first compiled it’s been the most important and influential book in the western world. It colors peoples’ attitudes to non-Christians, war, women, sexuality, law, science, and learning.

Debunk the bible and priests and preachers have nothing to hang their bullshit on. And there's no doubt the bible can be debunked.

If you call debunking quote mining and misinterpretation then sure it can be debunked. So can a math textbook or any other book if one so desires.

LOL all you fucking idiots DO is quote mine out of your faily-tale book. There's nothing of substance anyway, and all you CAN do is fucking quote-mine.

(10-05-2014 06:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The extraordinary evidence is sitting on the bookshelves and coffee tables of the majority of the dwelling places in America. It is found in the most read, most widely translated, best selling, most cherished, most loved, most hated, most published compilation of literature in human history.

The extraordinary evidence is seen in the lives of the millions whose Christ like lives are a perpetual testimony...

You are unwilling to see it. And so deny it.

So, the Harry Potter books are "extraordinary evidence" that Harry Potter and Voldemort and Nearly Headless Fucking Nick exist. You fucking imbecile. But thanks for admitting that you don't have a shred of fucking evidence and that you are fucking lying about having met the imaginary sumbitch.

Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post