Importance of The Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
08-05-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Importance of The Bible?
(08-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But that's all part and parcel with your batshit religion. You are supposed to be reveling in the mockery. Martyrdom and all that.

This is not martyrdom.

You are just simply telling me how you feel about me and my beliefs. I respect your views. I rather enjoy it actually. It affords me the opportunity to learn about people who think differently than I do.

I am called blessed by God when people insult me and hate me and ostracize me for the sake of the Son of Man and I am to be glad because my reward is great in heaven.

And I am glad.

But I do not intentionally share my experiences with people so that I can be insulted for some sort of gain. That would be selfish and self-centered.

When the insults come, I rejoice. But I do not intentionally try to get people to insult me or ostracize me so that I can revel in the mockery for I know the value in dying daily to myself and self-denial.

Ok, that explains a lot.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
(08-05-2014 05:56 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am sure you understand how come, as an athiest with no like wise experience, that we don't find your experience persuasive for ourselves.

I know that my testimony regarding my experiences is unpersuasive to others. I generally refrain from using my experiences as evidence for my beliefs when speaking with others. A survey of my posts here bear this out.

(08-05-2014 05:56 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  If your faith forces you to accept things that are otherwise unacceptable, or to disagree with arguments that challenge it without good reason, then that is a terrible tragedy.

I agree.

My faith forces me to do none of the above.

(08-05-2014 05:56 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Stay true to your reason and your ideals. If god exist and he is good, he shouldn't make you choose between what is good and rational for something that is morally conflicted and illogical.

You are right, He does not make me choose between those things you listed.

(08-05-2014 05:56 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  You are a smart guy, I will respect that if you feel this doesn't apply to you that you have thought it through and come to that conclusion with good reason. I hope you don't find this patronizing.

I find nothing that anyone says to me patronizing. I welcome your insight and views and thank you for them. God has shown me that there is much to learn and that only the fool thinks that he cannot be taught.
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 06:28 PM by djhall.)
(08-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  When the insults come, I rejoice. But I do not intentionally try to get people to insult me or ostracize me so that I can revel in the mockery for I know the value in dying daily to myself and self-denial.

I know that isn't the way it is meant, but since you believe god sacrificed himself to himself so he could forgive you for your sins, it made me laugh when I read that. In a strange way, it makes a kind of nice parallel symbolism. Undecided

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
08-05-2014, 06:31 PM
(08-05-2014 06:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I generally refrain from using my experiences as evidence for my beliefs when speaking with others.

Incidentally, I find that to be the only relevant thing you could post. Any arguments concerning *whatever* are, in my view, nothing but post hoc rationalizations.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
[+] 2 users Like John's post
08-05-2014, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 06:51 PM by Jeremy E Walker.)
(08-05-2014 06:25 PM)djhall Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  When the insults come, I rejoice. But I do not intentionally try to get people to insult me or ostracize me so that I can revel in the mockery for I know the value in dying daily to myself and self-denial.

I know that isn't the way it is meant, but since you believe god sacrificed himself to himself so he could forgive you for your sins, it made me laugh when I read that. In a strange way, it makes a kind of nice parallel symbolism. Undecided

Even if one does not believe in God, I believe one can still find value in self-denial for the sake of others if they were to try it.

There is something liberating in denying one's desires and needs so that another might be edified. Paradoxically, in so doing, I find that I am ministered to and edified by the very act of aiding and edifying another. Also paradoxical, is that to the degree that one is unable to repay me for what I have done, the edification received tends to increase.

Only through experience is this mystery learned and it is practical proof of what Jesus said in His sermon on the mount about giving and not expecting anything in return.
08-05-2014, 06:47 PM
(08-05-2014 06:31 PM)John Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I generally refrain from using my experiences as evidence for my beliefs when speaking with others.

Incidentally, I find that to be the only relevant thing you could post. Any arguments concerning *whatever* are, in my view, nothing but post hoc rationalizations.

Since your views are not representative of the vast majority of people I speak with about my beliefs, I generally refrain from using my experiences as evidence for said beliefs.
08-05-2014, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 06:53 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(08-05-2014 06:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:51 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But that's all part and parcel with your batshit religion. You are supposed to be reveling in the mockery. Martyrdom and all that.

This is not martyrdom.

No, this is me calling you on your outrageous lie.

Quote:You are just simply telling me how you feel about me and my beliefs.

No, you claimed you have a "personal relationship with jeebus", and I am demanding proof.

Quote:I respect your views.

If you "respected our views", you wouldn't be here trolling bullshit. Fuck you.

Quote:I rather enjoy it actually. It affords me the opportunity to learn about people who think differently than I do.

That's what ALL the fucking trolls say.

Quote:I am called blessed by God

Really? Your fictional deity told you personally? Now you're caught in TWO huge lies. So trot this gawd out on Oprah and show it off. Otherwise you are just a fucking liar, just like every other fucking liar who has come here claiming he "knew jeebus, knew gawd", etc.

Quote: when people insult me and hate me and ostracize me for the sake of the Son of Man and I am to be glad because my reward is great in heaven.

Spewing your brainwashed bullshit here doesn't mean a fucking thing here.

Quote:And I am glad.

You're deluded as fuck.

Quote:But I do not intentionally share my experiences with people so that I can be insulted for some sort of gain. That would be selfish and self-centered.

Again, asshole, you are claiming that your deities speak to you, appear before you, and that they are real. Since your deities appear for you, send them over to me and I'll kick their ass. You don't even have to be there or take any credit, Mr. False Modesty. If they are real, they know where the fuck I am.

Quote:When the insults come, I rejoice. But I do not intentionally try to get people to insult me or ostracize me so that I can revel in the mockery for I know the value in dying daily to myself and self-denial.

Yes, you fucking liar, which is why you come in here and troll a shit-ton of bullshit in this forum. Real fucking convincing, moron.

(08-05-2014 06:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:55 PM)Leo Wrote:  Nope, you have a great burden . You are the only person in the world that "talk" with Jesus.

Not the only one.

There are others.

There are roughly 2,000,000,000 Christians in the world and I would be arrogant to claim that I was the only one who had a personal relationship with Jesus.

Then have them ALL send your deities over to my house and I'll kick their ass.

I'm calling your bluff, asshole. Spewing your bluff over and over again is just digging yourself deeper in the fucking hole.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-05-2014, 06:51 PM
(08-05-2014 06:25 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Blah blah blah....
I find nothing that anyone says to me patronizing. I welcome your insight and views and thank you for them. God has shown me that there is much to learn and that only the fool thinks that he cannot be taught.

Really? It said this to you? Then have it come over to my crib and say it to me, you lying piece of shit.

[Image: funny-pictures-auto-comics-logic-371546.jpeg]

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
08-05-2014, 06:54 PM
(08-05-2014 06:43 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:25 PM)djhall Wrote:  I know that isn't the way it is meant, but since you believe god sacrificed himself to himself so he could forgive you for your sins, it made me laugh when I read that. In a strange way, it makes a kind of nice parallel symbolism. Undecided

Even if one does not believe in God, I believe one can still find value in self-denial for the sake of others if they were to try it.

There is something liberating in denying one's desires and needs so that another might be edified. Paradoxically, in so doing, I find that I am ministered to and edified by the very act of aiding and edifying another. Also paradoxical, is that to the degree that one is unable to repay me for what I have done, the edification received tends to increase.

Only through experience is this mystery learned and it is practical proof of what Jesus said in His sermon on the mount about giving and not expecting anything in return.

[Image: MarkWank.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
09-05-2014, 09:47 AM
(08-05-2014 06:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:55 PM)Leo Wrote:  Nope, you have a great burden . You are the only person in the world that "talk" with Jesus.

Not the only one.

There are others.

There are roughly 2,000,000,000 Christians in the world and I would be arrogant to claim that I was the only one who had a personal relationship with Jesus.
To be fair to most christians , most christards don't claim to know Jebus personally. Most of them are waiting to meet Jesus in heaven. Some christians like you are nuts or liars that claim to know Jebus in person. Sorry dude but you are a big time liar or you are high.Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post