Importance of The Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
09-05-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Importance of The Bible?
(09-05-2014 09:47 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Not the only one.

There are others.

There are roughly 2,000,000,000 Christians in the world and I would be arrogant to claim that I was the only one who had a personal relationship with Jesus.
To be fair to most christians , most christards don't claim to know Jebus personally. Most of them are waiting to meet Jesus in heaven. Some christians like you are nuts or liars that claim to know Jebus in person. Sorry dude but you are a big time liar or you are high.Sleepy

He has a mental condition that can only be cured from within his own cranium. All of his claims happen in there, of which need to be straightened out and recognized for what they really are.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
09-05-2014, 10:54 AM
(09-05-2014 09:47 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Not the only one.

There are others.

There are roughly 2,000,000,000 Christians in the world and I would be arrogant to claim that I was the only one who had a personal relationship with Jesus.
To be fair to most christians , most christards don't claim to know Jebus personally. Most of them are waiting to meet Jesus in heaven. Some christians like you are nuts or liars that claim to know Jebus in person. Sorry dude but you are a big time liar or you are high.Sleepy

Tell me why, in the absence of an objective moral standard that prohibits lying, lying is wrong?
09-05-2014, 11:51 AM
(09-05-2014 10:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 09:47 AM)Leo Wrote:  To be fair to most christians , most christards don't claim to know Jebus personally. Most of them are waiting to meet Jesus in heaven. Some christians like you are nuts or liars that claim to know Jebus in person. Sorry dude but you are a big time liar or you are high.Sleepy

Tell me why, in the absence of an objective moral standard that prohibits lying, lying is wrong?

What a strawman post is that ? I'm not talking about " morals". Atheists are people that care about the truth. We don't fool ourselves with fantasies or delusions. Otherwise we would believe in anything like the Tooth fairy , easter bunny or the pink unicorn.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
09-05-2014, 12:00 PM
(09-05-2014 11:51 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 10:54 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Tell me why, in the absence of an objective moral standard that prohibits lying, lying is wrong?

What a strawman post is that ? I'm not talking about " morals". Atheists are people that care about the truth. We don't fool ourselves with fantasies or delusions. Otherwise we would believe in anything like the Tooth fairy , easter bunny or the pink unicorn.

Atheists, including you, also make moral judgments that you think are true.

What grounds do you have for making such statements?
09-05-2014, 12:03 PM
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 11:51 AM)Leo Wrote:  What a strawman post is that ? I'm not talking about " morals". Atheists are people that care about the truth. We don't fool ourselves with fantasies or delusions. Otherwise we would believe in anything like the Tooth fairy , easter bunny or the pink unicorn.

Atheists, including you, also make moral judgments that you think are true.

Atheist are people that care about the truth = reality . How many words in this sentence you don't understand ?
09-05-2014, 12:06 PM
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Atheists, including you, also make moral judgments that you think are true.

Atheist are people that care about the truth = reality . How many words in this sentence you don't understand ?

How does that address my question Leo?
09-05-2014, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 12:16 PM by Leo.)
(09-05-2014 12:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Leo Wrote:  Atheist are people that care about the truth = reality . How many words in this sentence you don't understand ?

How does that address my question Leo?

When atheists talk about "morals " ( I don't use this word by the way) they mean the actions that are negative and positive toward other beings like humans and even other animals.
09-05-2014, 12:16 PM
(09-05-2014 12:13 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  How does that address my question Leo?

When atheists talk about "morals " ( I don't use this word by the way) they mean the actions that are negative and positive toward other beings like humans and even animals.

Ignore his JAQing off he is throwing a temper tantrum because he tried to prove objective morality and it was completely dismantled. His response is to act like a three year old not getting a candybar rather than learn something and grow as a person. I recomend just ignoring his stupidity.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-05-2014, 12:20 PM
(09-05-2014 12:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:13 PM)Leo Wrote:  When atheists talk about "morals " ( I don't use this word by the way) they mean the actions that are negative and positive toward other beings like humans and even animals.

Ignore his JAQing off he is throwing a temper tantrum because he tried to prove objective morality and it was completely dismantled. His response is to act like a three year old not getting a candybar rather than learn something and grow as a person. I recomend just ignoring his stupidity.

You are my proof. Your words are the evidence. You make moral judgments. Its in your nature. To deny yourself of this is not something you can even do even when you know that in so doing you are every time proving that there is One who made you the way you are with your capacity for moral discernment.
09-05-2014, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 12:34 PM by DLJ.)
(08-05-2014 04:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 04:27 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  In their experience with this god. The God who has apparently answered their prayers, spoke to them and revealed himself to them.

Would you continue to believe in the experiences you have with a person you have a relationship with and love who loves you if you found out that their biography had some errors in it?

It's an interesting analogy but it would be more accurate to specify that this 'loved one' is an on-line relationship.
You've never met them or seen them. Other people tell you they are real but then you find out their profile has been generated by a dating-site simulator.

Consider

I think I would spend a week drowning my cognitive dissonance in a couple of bottles of Dark Light's hooch.

And then I'd get over it.

Thumbsup

(09-05-2014 11:51 AM)Leo Wrote:  ...
What a strawman post is that?

pst red herring, not straw man

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post