Importance of The Bible?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
09-05-2014, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 05:58 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Importance of The Bible?
(09-05-2014 02:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I recommend banning his sorry, spamming ass. Drinking Beverage
You're such a partypooping grumpy old man, always looking to take away our playtoys and shit. Don't make me call you ZataChas. Big Grin

(09-05-2014 02:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have both met and seen Him.

Was He a comely black girl sitting on your one massive thigh in your TransAm?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-05-2014, 06:22 PM
(09-05-2014 02:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's an interesting analogy but it would be more accurate to specify that this 'loved one' is an on-line relationship.
You've never met them or seen them. Other people tell you they are real but then you find out their profile has been generated by a dating-site simulator.

Consider

I think I would spend a week drowning my cognitive dissonance in a couple of bottles of Dark Light's hooch.

And then I'd get over it.

Thumbsup

pst red herring, not straw man

I have both met and seen Him.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadSmokin
09-05-2014, 09:09 PM
(09-05-2014 04:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ...
Or I am telling the truth. You left that one out.
Well, y'know the old saying... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

[Image: 066-Frequency-of-Miracles.png]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-05-2014, 01:44 AM
(09-05-2014 12:23 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's an interesting analogy but it would be more accurate to specify that this 'loved one' is an on-line relationship.
You've never met them or seen them. Other people tell you they are real but then you find out their profile has been generated by a dating-site simulator.

Consider

I think I would spend a week drowning my cognitive dissonance in a couple of bottles of Dark Light's hooch.

Thumbsup

LMFAO.

Then it should be no trouble for you to get "him" to show up here and prove himself.

Fucking retard.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-05-2014, 02:54 AM
(08-05-2014 05:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:16 PM)Leo Wrote:  How do you know christ personally? Laugh out loadLaugh out load dude are you high?

I know Him the same way you know anyone you know personally.

And no I am not high.

You're a liar. You've never meet Jeebus, and never talked to him. You've never described him, you don't know what he wears or what he smells like. You've never touched him.

Your experience of him resides entirely in your own head. Children have imaginary friends, but you're an adult.

Grow up Jeremy, get a life, start being real, and stop imagining you're someone special. When you do, people will stop treating you like a four -year-old.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-05-2014, 03:09 AM
(08-05-2014 04:19 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  As we know, some people are so deeply invested in this god stuff that nothing will get through to them.

Let's assume that tomorrow something is discovered that proves the bible was a book full of myth.. The proof is so strong that even theists accept the bible is fake.

Considering all those personal experiences they've had, the evidence they see around them and have personal prayers answered by this god... Would the theists still continue to believe if the bible was thrown out?

Would disproving the bible make a blind bit of difference?

The bible is the basis of belief. Most discussions about Christianity are ultimately based on its legitimacy. Ever since it was first compiled it’s been the most important and influential book in the western world. It colors peoples’ attitudes to non-Christians, war, women, sexuality, law, science, and learning.

Debunk the bible and priests and preachers have nothing to hang their bullshit on. And there's no doubt the bible can be debunked.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
10-05-2014, 03:34 AM

:consider:

:thumbsup:

If that were true, then you could trot it out for the world to see, and end the 2000-year-old debate right now.

But You won't.

Because you are a fucking liar and you are fucking lying. Fuck you and fuck your gods.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-05-2014, 06:05 AM
(10-05-2014 03:34 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 02:39 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I have both met and seen Him.

If that were true, then you could trot it out for the world to see, and end the 2000-year-old debate right now.

But You won't.

Because you are a fucking liar and you are fucking lying. Fuck you and fuck your gods.

Jesus has already given sufficient evidence of His deity to enable them that desire to acknknowledge it justified in doing so.

You will serve to prove my point. For you, its not about evidence at all.

Jesus could care less about you or anyone else simply acknowledging His existence. Jesus came on the scene making claims like: "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father."

He is far more concerned about saving you from your sins but He came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. But in your own eyes, you are not a sinner in need of a Saviour. So you and those like you would in no way benefit from Jesus trotting out and appearing on CNN.
10-05-2014, 06:07 AM
(10-05-2014 03:09 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 04:19 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  As we know, some people are so deeply invested in this god stuff that nothing will get through to them.

Let's assume that tomorrow something is discovered that proves the bible was a book full of myth.. The proof is so strong that even theists accept the bible is fake.

Considering all those personal experiences they've had, the evidence they see around them and have personal prayers answered by this god... Would the theists still continue to believe if the bible was thrown out?

Would disproving the bible make a blind bit of difference?

The bible is the basis of belief. Most discussions about Christianity are ultimately based on its legitimacy. Ever since it was first compiled it’s been the most important and influential book in the western world. It colors peoples’ attitudes to non-Christians, war, women, sexuality, law, science, and learning.

Debunk the bible and priests and preachers have nothing to hang their bullshit on. And there's no doubt the bible can be debunked.

If you call debunking quote mining and misinterpretation then sure it can be debunked. So can a math textbook or any other book if one so desires.
10-05-2014, 06:12 AM
(09-05-2014 09:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 04:54 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  ...
Or I am telling the truth. You left that one out.
Well, y'know the old saying... extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

[Image: 066-Frequency-of-Miracles.png]

The extraordinary evidence is sitting on the bookshelves and coffee tables of the majority of the dwelling places in America. It is found in the most read, most widely translated, best selling, most cherished, most loved, most hated, most published compilation of literature in human history.

The extraordinary evidence is seen in the lives of the millions whose Christ like lives are a perpetual testimony...

You are unwilling to see it. And so deny it.