Improbability of Evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Improbability of Evolution
I vaguely remember there being a recent thread on the improbability of the universe coming into being and/or cells evolving from non-living matter without the guiding hand of a creator. However, I don't remember what thread it was. Please feel free to merge this with it if admins know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, this is a good Potholer54 video that counters the astronomically high mathematical numbers theists come up with (out of thin air) to support their view that said events could not take place without God...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ghostexorcist's post
07-02-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: Improbability of Evolution
[Image: Bwahaha.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Quote:astronomically high mathematical numbers theists come up with (out of thin air) to support their view that said events could not take place without God...

Want to see what astronomically high numbers I could come up with to dispute the existence of their fucking god?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
07-02-2016, 06:43 PM
(07-02-2016 05:07 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ...
if admins know what I'm talking about.

Rarely.

Drinking Beverage

(07-02-2016 05:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Want to see what astronomically high numbers I could come up with to dispute the existence of their fucking god?

Actually... yes please.

07-02-2016, 07:04 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid179221

Been there, done that. Rolleyes
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Since we know that life did evolve, the odds were 100% that this would happen. It is utterly stupid to try and calculate the odds of something happening after it has already happened. You'd have to know how it happened exactly and then know the value of each and every variable. Anything you come up with will be mere speculation and it is easy to skew it so that it seems more improbable. But Improbable things happen all the time. Nothing in the universe happens by chance if chance means without causation. Notice I said in the universe. The universe is the sum total of what exists. Logically then the universe itself can not have a cause because causality presupposes existence. To ask for a cause of the totality of what exists is a nonsensical question.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 3 users Like true scotsman's post
07-02-2016, 07:23 PM
There are proposed models which are not all that improbable.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post