In Australia it's legal to rape, so long as you're Muslim.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 05:28 AM
RE: In Australia it's legal to rape, so long as you're Muslim.
(07-10-2015 05:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 05:15 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So he gets 9 years?

Many people have their sentences reduced on appeal.

I'm sure you can understand that the outrage here is that some judge granted the perpetrators wish for his appeal to move forward due to "cultural differences."

I was not at that court. Were you?

So far all I have seen is radical racially motivated press on the subject.

I don't recall the major articles in the mainstream press now at this years later stage. This stuff happened years ago.

The thread title is this
This is untrue. I might ask, why was this thread given this name?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 05:56 AM
(07-10-2015 05:28 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 05:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm sure you can understand that the outrage here is that some judge granted the perpetrators wish for his appeal to move forward due to "cultural differences."

I was not at that court. Were you?

So far all I have seen is radical racially motivated press on the subject.

I don't recall the major articles in the mainstream press now at this years later stage. This stuff happened years ago.

The thread title is this
This is untrue. I might ask, why was this thread given this name?

The OP probably read an opinion piece with an inflammatory title, then came here and started a thread with an inflammatory title, would be my guess.

The real title should be, "In Australia it's illegal to rape, even if you're Muslim, but you might get a reduced sentence due to cultural differences and tragic upbringing."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
07-10-2015, 05:59 AM
(07-10-2015 05:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The real title should be, "In Australia it's illegal to rape, even if you're Muslim, but you might get a reduced sentence due to cultural differences and tragic upbringing."

Yeah but, that title lacks a certain click-baity je ne sais quoi. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2015, 06:04 AM
(07-10-2015 05:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 05:56 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The real title should be, "In Australia it's illegal to rape, even if you're Muslim, but you might get a reduced sentence due to cultural differences and tragic upbringing."

Yeah but, that title lacks a certain click-baity je ne sais quoi. Tongue

Yes, I had to Google je ne sais quoi.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
07-10-2015, 06:46 AM
In Australia just like America we have our O'Riely's. People such as Allan Bond, Andrew Bolt, Gerard Henderson etc often write so as to inflame. When I looked at these articles I saw the names of heavily right wing nut jobs.

I probably wasted 5 minutes on it because frankly, my time is more precious nowadays to spend looking up articles written by Andrew Bolt. A man who very narrowly escaped prison a few years ago for lies he told on live radio concerning certain Aboriginal people.

I know the agendas of these people. I am also keenly aware of our court system and that of many judges sensitive to our offshore gulags. A national disgrace I might add.

I am also aware of the life sentences that have been handed out to various Islamic rapists. Well deserved I might add.

Of course Heydon tries to jump in, unaware of Australian politics in any fashion, and tries to attack me. Trolling as always.

People such as Free Thought, Peebo', myself and a few others live here and know what goes on. Australia being such a small country in relation to population doesn't warrant news coverage the way the US does. So naturally Americans are less aware of Australian politics and current events than Australians are of the US.

Rape is against the law here. Regardless of what the inflammatory headline states. We also don't know the OP who has roughly 40 posts, nor if he has an agenda. Many who come here do, and do not show it until they have a few posts under their belts.

As I stated, a quick Google search brought up inflammatory pages from grossly right wing tabloids.

Saying rape in this country is legal is untrue. I have no idea how good this character's lawyer was. Pretty good by the sounds of it.

Anyway it's bedtime here.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Whether there is truth to it or not, it's not unique to Australia. The first case mentioned in this article is probably the most frequently cited case in classrooms when discussing the concept of the cultural defense.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-07-15/n...al-defense

'Murican Canadian
07-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Countries who's laws stem from British common law will typically have 2 requirements in criminal law. Act and intent.

You need both to have a crime. A good illustration of this is imagine a driver hits and kills a pedestrian. Was it a crime? And, if so, what was the crime?

If the driver saw the pedestrian and decided to just run him over, you've got murder. What if there was heavy sun glare, the pedestrian crossed against the light, and the driver didn't see him? I think most people would agree that's not murder. There are millions of permutations here and the result will vary. In each situation with a dead pedestrian, the options will vary from no crime, negligent homicide or manslaughter, and up to various degrees of murder which all carry different penalties. So, the intent and actions of a person accused of a crime will be relevant in determining what crime, if any, was committed. It's not simply a results based assessment.

If you think about it in the context of my hitting a pedestrian example, it makes sense. However, it can sometimes lead to some screwy outcomes and things like the "cultural differences" defense - which is really tough to sell to the general public.

It doesn't help that so many of these defendants come from diet poor countries that are largely Muslim.

Personally, I have a tough time accepting the defense. Ignorance of the law and cultural norms of the society you chose to live in should not be a valid defense. If you intended to kidnap and rape someone, that it was acceptable in the shit-hole you moved from should not matter. It is not acceptable, or legal, here. I'm shocked any court would accept this argument and think it sets a very bad precedent.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
08-10-2015, 04:06 AM
(07-10-2015 06:04 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 05:59 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yeah but, that title lacks a certain click-baity je ne sais quoi. Tongue

Yes, I had to Google je ne sais quoi.

yea ok see here is what happened I had about 5 minutes befor I needed to go to work
so I skimmed the article then I thought to my self fuck it I'll post it
what happened next is described in this link
http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2015/06/02/outrage-comic/
08-10-2015, 07:43 AM
So, you skimmed an article and thought a reasonable conclusion was Australia made it legal for Muslims to commit rape?

Are you professionally stupid? Or is stupid just a hobby in your spare time?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
17-01-2016, 11:49 PM
(07-10-2015 04:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(07-10-2015 04:40 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So, for the record and word of mouth......

It isn't legal to do horrible things here (Australia).... but that doesn't seem to stop right wing 'Columnists' (Note, they no longer go by the appellation of 'Journalist') from printing what ever slander they wish cloaked as 'Opinion'.

Damned right!

As if rape, of any kind, would be legal in Australia!???

This is racist claptrap at its worst.
Lets really really test how racist you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MvinY66r0

Now is this ok?
Can we say the video taker was racist?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp