In Christianity, What's the Point of Earth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: In Christianity, What's the Point of Earth?
(11-09-2014 12:03 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Let's bring it back to practical reality in terms of the Garden of Eden myth. Even if god didn't have omniscience, he could have easily predicted the outcome. He places these creations in a garden with a tree whose fruit that they're not supposed to eat with a serpent that can convince them to eat.

I could easily predict this outcome, I have a teenage daughter -they're going to do exactly what you told them not to do.

So god's a dick! Not only that, but he doubles down on his dickiness and gets mad at them and punishes them for doing what he knew they were going to do in the first place.

Anyway, it's such an amusing little fairytale, a mere mortal human being could have predicted the outcome better than this mentally handicapped god.

Oh, and then we repeat god's stupidity for the flood myth a few chapters later.Facepalm

It's worse than that. He not only punishes them, but also all their descendants for all time (original sin). And the solution to all this is for him to become a human and allow us to kill him (certainly a much worse crime than anything Adam and Eve did), and that somehow makes everything better -- except it doesn't, because people are every bit as wicked and depraved now as they were before Jesus. None of it makes any sense at all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
12-09-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: In Christianity, What's the Point of Earth?
I'm going to bury you alive in a box with snakes slithering all around you.
If you don't scream, you get to live in the house. If you do scream, I'll dig you up and slow cook you in the BBQ grill.

PS. I love you

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply