In God We Trust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2011, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 04:59 PM by free2011.)
In God We Trust
The House voted 396 to 9 to re-reaffirm the motto "In God We Trust" and encourage its display in all public schools and government buildings. Only one Republican and eight Democrats voted against.

I guess we can get rid of our armed services, policeman, fireman, and medical personnel. God has it all under control.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/comm...7363.story
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
RE: In God We Trust
Facepalm

Nothing more to say about this... Govt. simply panders to the idiotic majority...

Better without God, and happier too.
08-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Nice way to separate church and state...

The comments are also worth reading; loads of christian compassion, correct logical reasoning and brotherly love... *sigh* Dodgy

Here's another I frequently encounter in my line of work:

[Image: in_god_we_trust.jpg]

It's somewhat funny, but well, they do acknowledge the existence of God, which I dislike.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
08-11-2011, 06:06 AM
It would be interesting to interview the congressman to find out what exactly that phrase means to them. Does it mean that God protect us, then why all the natural disasters? Or that God loves us, then why all the human suffering due to disease?

And what would the atheists in congress that voted yes on this, and you know there are some, say to that question. If I say this I'll get re-elected.
08-11-2011, 07:11 AM
And I thought that America couldn't loose any more of my respect but here I stand. How does America expect to be taken seriously if it keeps this pathetic show of "loving god" going?

I invite anyone reading this to move to canada A.S.A.P. We have the space so come on up.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Just another smack in the face to liberals - in case any should still have hoped for a return to sanity and balance. Just another show of power by the militant right.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
08-11-2011, 12:08 PM
(04-11-2011 06:28 AM)free2011 Wrote:  The House voted 396 to 9 to re-reaffirm the motto "In God We Trust" and encourage its display in all public schools and government buildings. Only one Republican and eight Democrats voted against.

I guess we can get rid of our armed services, policeman, fireman, and medical personnel. God has it all under control.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/comm...7363.story

Thanks for posting the link to the story. Man, I wish Michael Shermer would run for President.

The detailed results of the vote are here. Disheartening, to say the least. A lot of people in the House I thought I respected didn't have the . . . guts, balls, whatever . . . to vote No on this crap. The 9 who did deserve to be remembered on election day.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh, they will be! Eggs on the windshield, if they're lucky.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
09-11-2011, 02:02 PM
(08-11-2011 06:06 AM)free2011 Wrote:  It would be interesting to interview the congressman to find out what exactly that phrase means to them. Does it mean that God protect us, then why all the natural disasters? Or that God loves us, then why all the human suffering due to disease?

And what would the atheists in congress that voted yes on this, and you know there are some, say to that question. If I say this I'll get re-elected.

I mentioned in the Hate America thread that I wrote to my congressman about this disgusting me. He sadly was not one of the 9 who voted against the bill. I argued how it was a worthless bill and majorly against the 1st amendment's establishment clause because it literally says it promotes the use of the motto in government buildings.

Before I wrote the email; I looked up the excuses used in the past to allow the motto to stand and remain on money. The supreme court decided that since the phrase was so common at this point that it doesn't mean anything of religious significance... Which is only true to Judeo-Christians if anyone and that is how the biased idiots defend the bill.

I would be curious to see the answer to your question especially since the meaning of the phrase is the stance that allows it to be our motto.
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
The problem with being human is more often than not the fact of being human - in this case, pattern recognition. I contend that diagnosticians citing offense at this are skirting malpractice; i.e. it is symptom of the greater disease.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user