In God We Trust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Video In God We Trust
I suppose this is more for the non-merikan members here. I continually hear things like, "they can't really believe this stuff", or "no way people are really that crazy". This documentary gives it to you straight from the mouths of the people. This is what we live with.

You can actually see the cognitive dissonance happening when reasonable questions are asked to some of these people about the bible. Faith vs. reason, it's a motherfucker. But it's so much easier to follow the herd.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: In God We Trust
I am going to watch this video, but I did want to get in a quick comment in regards to "In God We Trust". I am often annoyed by this saying because 1. We are supposed to be a secular nation, so having this on government buildings and the currency flies in the face of that. 2. Because this, among a few other things like the Pledge, are propped up as examples that we were founded a Christian nation (as if that is an excuse to continue, but I digress). What they always conveniently ignore is that things like this motto, were not even around for the first 150+ year history of the U.S. Now, I shall watch the video.
07-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes I do believe that it's been historically proven that its easier to just follow the herd.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
07-02-2014, 10:44 AM
(07-02-2014 10:34 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yes I do believe that it's been historically proven that its easier to just follow the herd.

Yeah, I'll go along with that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 16 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2014, 11:31 AM
^^ Now THAT's funny!

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2014, 12:47 PM
I watched the entire thing. Makes me embarrassed to be an American honestly. Glad I am a week away from heading back to Europe.
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
(07-02-2014 12:47 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I watched the entire thing. Makes me embarrassed to be an American honestly. Glad I am a week away from heading back to Europe.

Take me with you!

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 01:54 PM
This video is making my blood boil...

I about lost it at 26:00, when the pastor lady states that slavery is better than homosexuality, because slavery isn't immoral.
07-02-2014, 02:00 PM
(07-02-2014 12:47 PM)mrlmichael Wrote:  I watched the entire thing. Makes me embarrassed to be an American honestly. Glad I am a week away from heading back to Europe.
Good luck.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
07-02-2014, 02:04 PM
(07-02-2014 01:42 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

Take me with you!
Ask Santa Obama to help you if you are not capable to do it on your own.
Why do you hate America? I am immigrant and I love America. The best country in the world.
Oh, there is a better place then Europe. Cuba!

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection